Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ricky showed a lot of class in his press conference, from the clip shown on Nine anyway, he and his players(Wighton and Croker) were very restrained; the reporters were really looking for a big blow up as they know it was a bad period of play, correct decision though IMHO, that was a real turning point.

Well done Sticky.

So next year they've decided to not cheat. Hold on, no, the more they get away with it the more they want.
Everyone was on the raiders bandwagon, the feelgood story had they won wouldve been only just.....the difference between us and raiders is what im genuinely excited about... that once we get our full squad back plus up and coming talent like hoppa and schuster...we will have more gears than raiders so smashing the chooks will be very possible

Just from reading online... Annesley said that the decision not to award 6 again was correct.

Not sure if he was asked if it was appropriate for the referees to change the initial decision while the ball was still live though, which is the real issue.
He said they called several times that it was still the last tackle. But as Gallen said, the players wouldn't have even heard that. They saw the initial signal of six again and played on accordingly. I said it after the Manly-Souths debacle, Annesley is out of his depth and should resign. He's just beclowned himself again.

Last edited:
Just from reading online... Annesley said that the decision not to award 6 again was correct.

Not sure if he was asked if it was appropriate for the referees to change the initial decision while the ball was still live though, which is the real issue.
Did they actually show a replay of the incident to determine whether it was 6 again or not ?? They didn't during live play and I switched off straight after game as the Cronk fapfest commenced.

Positive note: the 2008 40-0 score line was never under threat.

Negative note: hearing Manly junior ‘Sleepy’ Ferrills splutter twaddle about the Roosters’ club, it’s history, yada tads..
And he wouldn't know when they started calling themselves Roosters, damn TriColours, can't stand them.

lololol..........I'm an idiot? Firstly go back to school & learn to spell you illiterate twat.....your / we're / Rosters lolol
Roosters the better team? Really? On the ropes with the Raiders tightening the noose until the hero refs decide to help them out! Roosters the better team...yeah right!
I don't need to go back to school idiot
I've been successful in every thing you've wanted to achieve.

Did they actually show a replay of the incident to determine whether it was 6 again or not ??
I've watched the replay a few times. From what I can see, the Raider's fifth tackle kick rebounded off the head (shoulder?) of a Raiders player and it was always the last tackle. In other NRL games, I've seen the call of six again being similarly overturned on the run. I'm not sure that this decision decided the outcome of the game - unless the Raiders lost composure because if it?

Post edited

Last edited:
Yeah, they showed a replay; several times in the post-game wrap up actually; it came off a Raider’s shoulder in the contest for the ball and then bounced back to the Raiders.

The issue of course being that the refs waved 6 again, the Raiders saw and responded to this, then the refs changed their decision several seconds later.

If the Raiders knew it was the last, they could have at least put in a kick, grubber or field goal. But instead they died with the ball expecting another tackle which they didn't get.

The Roosters score off the very next set which was the last score of the game.

He said they called several times that it was still the last tackle. But as Gallen said, the players wouldn't have even heard that. They saw the initial signal of six again and played on accordingly. I said it after the Manly-Souths debacle, Annesley is out of his depth and should resign. He's just beclowned himself again.
Annesley is a corporate whore spin doctor.

The issue of course being that the refs waved 6 again, the Raiders saw and responded to this, then the refs changed their decision several seconds later.

If the Raiders knew it was the last, they could have at least put in a kick, grubber or field goal. But instead they died with the ball expecting another tackle which they didn't get.

The Roosters score off the very next set which was the last score of the game.
As one of my mates said: Easts must only have paid off Sutton.
Next time they will bribe both refs because that stuff-up was embarrassing.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8