Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly vs Roosters 56-0 full game on YouTube if you need a little inspiration for the future.(many other great games just uploaded if you need Cliffy highlights or admire the class of the Raiders from the early 90's)
Thankyou, thankyou, was there with the family and back to the Leagues club afterwards.....saw poor Freddy off....didn't know it was on youtube

I'm backing the roosters for next year as well.

Which team will have improved their roster enough to beat them?

They're losing Cronk but Flanagan will do his job for them. Probably not quite as good but he'll be a handy replacement.

We'll hopefully go very well again. We just need an injury free year and we'll give it a good shake.
One thing that needs to be dispelled totally......the crap about the Roosters being first back to back since woop woop.............Manly went back to back 2007-2008, in any other competition on the planet we would have been awarded 2007 after the disqualification of the fake winners

It would be great to see the Raiders win. Not just that the Roosters would lose but it would show that there was still a competition in the NRL. Unfortunately I expect the Roosters to dominate the game - probably with the help of the refs - then the Roosters will buy another couple of internationals to bolster their reserve grade side and go for three in a row. The smirk on Greenberg’s face would be the hardest thing to take.
I think you are spot on, and hope I am wrong but I think they will use the tried and tested massive momentum to the Roosters first 15 minutes for a good lead, then Raiders better team for next 50-55 minutes to close in, then a couple of late Roosters tries (against the tired defence) to seal the 'convincing' win (even though Raiders were better for 3/4 of the game).....

Oh yeah I think I remember that... is that before or after the penalty try where J Lyons did a Souths Sydney dive?
Ok I get where you all are going with it. If we would have lost that game, we would have been pissed off with that try being awarded because we felt that Lyons made a bit too much of it.
His name is Lyon. Jamie Lyon.
You can't be on a Manly forum and not know the name of one of our greatest.

WTF Nine just showing the Retiring players and Manly only had Hodko, poor LG is not even mentioned :mad:

NRL fact checkers in action still :banghead:

Crowd still booed Gal :p

expect the Roosters to dominate the game - probably with the help of the refs - then the Roosters will buy another couple of internationals to bolster their reserve grade side and go for three in a row.
I was about to post this sentiment then saw you had already nailed it. 'I agree'.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8