Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It would be great to see the Raiders win. Not just that the Roosters would lose but it would show that there was still a competition in the NRL. Unfortunately I expect the Roosters to dominate the game - probably with the help of the refs - then the Roosters will buy another couple of internationals to bolster their reserve grade side and go for three in a row. The smirk on Greenberg’s face would be the hardest thing to take.

It would be great to see the Raiders win. Not just that the Roosters would lose but it would show that there was still a competition in the NRL. Unfortunately I expect the Roosters to dominate the game - probably with the help of the refs - then the Roosters will buy another couple of internationals to bolster their reserve grade side and go for three in a row. The smirk on Greenberg’s face would be the hardest thing to take.

I’ve just been arguing with an old mate of mine on Facebook , he reckons their Premiership window closes tonight but I think you’re right.

They’ll simply go to market , buy the best replacement(s) and keep on winning.

They’ve got the formula perfected now, we could be seeing a dynasty in the making.

I'm backing the roosters for next year as well.

Which team will have improved their roster enough to beat them?

They're losing Cronk but Flanagan will do his job for them. Probably not quite as good but he'll be a handy replacement.

We'll hopefully go very well again. We just need an injury free year and we'll give it a good shake.

I'm backing the roosters for next year as well.

Which team will have improved their roster enough to beat them?

They're losing Cronk but Flanagan will do his job for them. Probably not quite as good but he'll be a handy replacement.

We'll hopefully go very well again. We just need an injury free year and we'll give it a good shake.

Yes they’ll simply keep buying and buying the next best thing to ensure that.

Their formula is perfected now and whilst no one is pulling them into gear or adjusting the system so it can’t continue I can’t see anyone getting near them.

But, I do know a champion team will beat a team of champions most days so I guess we can live in hope.

I’ve just been arguing with an old mate of mine on Facebook , he reckons their Premiership window closes tonight but I think you’re right.

They’ll simply go to market , buy the best replacement(s) and keep on winning.

They’ve got the formula perfected now, we could be seeing a dynasty in the making.
Come on Mark put a more positive twist on things, the Roosters always copy Manly's formula but the dynasty never usually lasts as long.

Come on Mark put a more positive twist on things, the Roosters always copy Manly's formula but the dynasty never usually lasts as long.

Even without Cronk it’s hard to say they haven’t got the best roster in the game, so yes I can see the wins continuing for a while yet.

Last edited:
Even without Cronk it’s hard to say they haven’t got the best roster the game, so yes I can see the wins continuing for a while yet.
Manly vs Roosters 56-0 full game on YouTube if you need a little inspiration for the future.(many other great games just uploaded if you need Cliffy highlights or admire the class of the Raiders from the early 90's)

Anyone watching the state game ??

I thought the Titans paid big $$$$ to keep Anthony Don in their colours and here he is killing it for the Burleigh Bears!!!

Very entertaining game
Not to be sexist bad surely this games deserves to be second.
If the women’s had a full season then yes they deserve the prime time afternoon slot.
You're forgetting the fact that the women have played a full season and were then selected to play at the top level. I'm not sold on the NRL's 4 week competition but the women do deserve the slot and the exposure is needed to grow the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4