Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing to see! Good roster management @:D

At a glance – Chooks have got
  • the current Test captain
  • plus current Test mega-stars Manu and Sualii
  • plus 3 other backs who’ve played Origin
  • plus Sam Walker
  • plus 5 current Test forwards
  • and now they’ve added another forward with Origin experience
  • and for next year signed 2 of the games best young stars!! Dom Young and Spencer Leniu
Does make it extremely amusing when they fail to win though!
I'm not one to defend the Chooks, and I also agree that their roster management seems at best Privileged and at worst, circumstantially beneficial.

However...

(1) The current Test captain

The current test Captain is Tedesco and whilst Teddy is a gun, he's 30 now and is pushing for an extension - much to the annoyance of the head Cock - Nick P.

(2) Current Test mega-stars Manu and Sualii

Suali'i is an interesting prospect - he is on a year-by-year contract with annual release clause should he get the urge to jump to Union. An arrangement that vexes ol' Nick greatly - and hence I love Joe Sualii for his ability to hold Politis to ransom and not budge on his contract clause. However its no secret that Joe wants the fullback spot Teddy currently holds - so will he ultimatum Nick? Interesting times.

And Manu also has possible designs on the no.1 as well. Should he stay in the Centres? 5/8th? If the Rooters keep him where he is on his positional coin, he won't be happy forever. Quite frankly he is worth more on the market and his manager likely knows it. If the Roosters under-achieve this year then the 'playing for a premiership team' aura fades and players will stop taking unders to tickle Nick's scrotum.

(3) Plus 3 other backs who’ve played Origin
Played. Past tense. Moses Mbye was also an Origin player. So was Qld legend Nate Myles when we got him.

(4) Plus Sam Walker
I'll raise you a Latu Fainu in about 2 years. If we keep him I suspect we might not care about Sam Walker being the chooks half.

(5) plus 5 current Test forwards
Yeah this is fair point, but there are caveats - Radley is a English international (yeah...whatevs) and JWH woudln't make it to the Roos, but for NZ he's an auto selection for his mongrel. Critchon is a gun but has some demons to deal with - i'd take him in a heartbeat for Manly. They do have a solid pack, but its not firing on all cylinders right now.

(6) and now they’ve added another forward with Origin experience
Nathan Brown is hardly and origin player. He played 2 matches. His days of impact are on the wane if not gone already. We passed on him for good reason.

(7) and for next year signed 2 of the games best young stars!! Dom Young and Spencer Leniu
Robinson is a decent coach, Politis is a privilege-monger. But a bad season or 2 will erode that aura. Guys like Spencer and Dom will not be as easily lured to a system. I admit Spencer especially would be a great addition to our team, but the rooters have an even more limited youth-pool to draw from than we do. I am gunning for a poor Roosters season, as a 10-year anniversary present from their undeserved premiership against your truly. And then playing for Nick and the promise of golden lands becomes a harder sell.

And yes the failure of the Cocks is amongst the most gratifying outcomes. I would love to seem them battle for the spoon with the slime.

The Sydney Roosters have extended the deal of skipper James Tedesco until the end of the 2025 season, which could see him retire with the club. Smoke and mirrors. Well played the rorters saying the club were getting upset with his manager pushing for an extension, it worked. I wonder how Sualii feels now

Brown has been released by the slime effective immediately, so he'll be in the Roosters lineup in coming weeks if not this week

A quote from the story

Speaking exclusively to News Corp last week, Smith’s manager Stan Martin made the explosive claim that at least one NRL club had offered an illegal payment outside the salary cap to sign the Kiwi Test star.

Martin made it clear the Roosters’ successful offer to sign Smith was completely legal under NRL salary-cap rules.

Sport Confidential: NRL consider salary cap investigation over bombshell payment claim

Peter V’landys says the NRL integrity unit will not tolerate any salary cap cheating following an alarming claim from Roosters star Brandon Smith’s manager.

ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys says the NRL will not tolerate any salary cap cheating, if there is evidence of illegal rorting involving Roosters recruit Brandon Smith.

Speaking exclusively to News Corp last week, Smith’s manager Stan Martin made the explosive claim that at least one NRL club had offered an illegal payment outside the salary cap to sign the Kiwi Test star.

Martin made it clear the Roosters’ successful offer to sign Smith was completely legal under NRL salary-cap rules.

But V’landys urged Martin to come forward with evidence of salary-cap cheating if he has any correspondence that could uncover any proposed illegal transaction involving an NRL club or official.

“We won’t tolerate salary-cap cheating,” V’landys told Sport Confidential.

“If Brandon Smith’s manager has some information, I encourage him to make that information available to the NRL integrity unit.”

New Zealand-based Martin said last week he was shocked by one club’s offer of an under-the-table payment and rejected any impropriety.

“No brown paper bags,” he said. “Everything we do must be above board.
“There was one club that offered me a backhander, but I had no interest in anything dodgy like that.”

The NRL has only had two major salary-cap scandals in the past 13 years. The Storm produced the worst rort in history in 2010, stripped of two premierships after cheating the salary cap by $1.7 million, while Parramatta had 12 competition points deducted for their breach in 2016.

There is no suggestion those clubs are involved in any wrongdoing in relation to Smith’s eventual move to the Roosters.

V’landys has put the 17 clubs on notice, saying any allegation or information of salary-cap cheating will trigger an immediate NRL integrity-unit probe.

“It’s a serious allegation,” he said of Martin’s revelation.

“If he has evidence of some club trying to cheat the system, he should immediately hand it to the integrity unit for them to investigate.

“If he can provide some evidence, we will certainly be taking action, no fear or favour.”

Sombrero not helping them much lately, they are losing quite a few games. Robbo whinging and making excuses, lots of indiscipline/ sin bins etc. Something not right.

Pulling mercenaries into their team can only last for so long. They had to offload a few players to ‘allegedly fit’ b smith into their cap, maybe that doesn’t sit well with some of the team

It’s ok this will be their new cap for next season.

Attachments

• E17E8A55-C70A-4FB1-A1B3-E90792222B5E.jpeg
    E17E8A55-C70A-4FB1-A1B3-E90792222B5E.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
The scary thing about last night is I think the Chooks turned up with effort but so did Penrith, and after 10 minutes of the two teams going at each other, the Roosters couldn’t match it. The Chooks line speed, contact and intent was great but Penrith’s was even better and they broke the Roosters spirit early…how good is this Penrith side?

The Panthers compete on everything and do not give an inch. Outstanding football side. The play where Lodge threw an offload and Cleary dived and snatched it, just shows how they’re in the game all the time, even when they’re well in front.

images.jpeg-8.jpg
images.jpeg-7.jpg

They may need a billion dollar stadium as there new one isn't working.

My goodness I wish we were going better so I could enjoy the roosters downfall.

With every advantage they have roosters still there season imploding is comedy gold and I love it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7