Roosters’ cap crisis could send star to rugby, and force half to rival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not that well aware of general league matters but surprised by the apparent lack of detail with club T P A ' s in recent seasons . Not that all club T P A 's were freely published but some were a few years ago . Manly for instance officially listed as around 350 k , Storm 850 k . Maybe are listed somewhere but does not seem to be to much of a priority publicly stating them . Just would seem some better form of transparency with a bit more attention to them . Realize that there are and have been numerous ways of gaining an edge with additional inducements or avenues of circumventing the systems but at least with some more public T P A arrangement , providing some clear indications of how some clubs have a definite advantage

As for the Chooks galaxy of star signings - big money carries influence. I can't really understand why anyone is surprised about that. @BOZO is one of the few here who sees that clearly. It's all corrupt, we should (he says) just figure out how we can exploit it better too!
Not surprised at all. Money talks...always.

As usual, this is a case of one rule for one (them) and one rule for everyone else. (Or normally one rule for one, one rule for everyone else, and one rule for Manly...)

Well if the no idea rugba league give the rorters cap relief for Angus then that should free up the $$ to sign Turbo, Cleary, Munster with some left over for Grant and Haas.

I see Schubert resigned end of last year after serving as an offical auditor for 18 years, (we all know who he played for) Schubert was behind the 2002 take down of the dogs and the 2010 take down of the Storm‘s major salary cap breaches.

Our club also faced allegations (which the club didn’t defend) as we all know which lead to a $750k fine and $330k being stripped from our cap for 2 years in 2018 and 2019.

However during Schubert’s 18 years the Rorters either had their house in order or were never heavily scrutinised, which I find extremely hard to accept in light of my earlier post and especially after reviewing their roster.

The chief auditor is now Matthew Faulkner, who I know nothing about, let’s just hope he does his job and hopefully has no history or affiliation with any club.

I’m not saying Schubert protected his old club or turned a blind eye, however even blind Freddy could see the potential conflict of interest issue, anyway at this point, I have very little faith in the NRL and in particular the so called workings of salary cap and it’s administration.

Your thinking is right Tragic Eagle there needs to be a system in place that provides open transparent accountability, something to restore faith in the system and actually do what the cap was meant to do, spread the talent and stop the rich clubs using whatever means to stack their rosters.
I wouldn't have much confidence in blind Freddy either given he's a die hard Roosters man as well.

Not that well aware of general league matters but surprised by the apparent lack of detail with club T P A ' s in recent seasons . Not that all club T P A 's were freely published but some were a few years ago . Manly for instance officially listed as around 350 k , Storm 850 k . Maybe are listed somewhere but does not seem to be to much of a priority publicly stating them . Just would seem some better form of transparency with a bit more attention to them . Realize that there are and have been numerous ways of gaining an edge with additional inducements or avenues of circumventing the systems but at least with some more public T P A arrangement , providing some clear indications of how some clubs have a definite advantage
I believe Manly’s only TPA, is DCE, from Fox Sports , so there’s your $300k

I can understand that why players wages are not published but why can’t a clubs total TPA be common knowledge ?

The salary cap was devised to even things out before TPA’s came about. At least
the NRL should manage all TPA’s payments to players. TPA’s go to NRL then get sent to the player. If you receive any money not from NRL it’s dodgy money. Players can’t then claim they had no idea about payments coming their way.

Can't recall how it ended, but i seem to remember the NRL repeatedly denying Manly any cap relief when Snake & Matai retired injured before the season was anywhere near started.
They both had injuries pre-existing before signing their last contracts, so fair enough. However other players were blatantly in the same boat but their clubs were allowed the dispensation. Eg Watmough, Gillett, Burgess spring to mind

I believe Manly’s only TPA, is DCE, from Fox Sports , so there’s your $300k
pretty sure that ended years ago. in recent seasons clubs TPAs were listed as totals and manlys were never more than about 150k- 250k total depending on the year. and cars were included from memory and we had a few of those

wasnt foz a third part help fund last 2 seasons also

i would love to hear something different but i was under the impression nearly all of chezs money is cap included

what does he do for fox, i only have kayo but havnt seen him anywhere

id be curious to learn differently

Wasn’t our TPP fine because Brookvale Mazda went from being a club sponsor to a player sponsor & therefore any players who then received a vehicle from them was deemed not to have been arranged “at arms length”?

found this little tid bit in a fox article

whole game sponsorship

In 2019 the Roosters recorded only $69,000 in third-party agreements but stars such as Cronk and James Tedesco benefited from whole game sponsorships not included in the team-by-team breakdown.

i see the roosters are looking at cap relief for chrichton. players have been given dispensation before based on playing rep footy with limits, but chrichtons injury/illness/mental health is not about representing the game in other areas.

if this is successful we should try do the same for boyle and get gordie into the top 30
get boyle on a train and trial and pay him in chook feed. its cheaper than money

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6