Rookie Farrar the new Lyon hunter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
A BAPTISM of fire has been bestowed upon greenhorn North Queensland player Ben Farrar.

The 20-year-old Newcastle junior makes his first-grade debut on Saturday night against unbeaten competition leader Manly.

Farrar, the nephew of former Australia centre Andrew, has been handed the daunting task of marking current Kangaroos centre Jamie Lyon.

"You've got to start somewhere and there's no bigger or better task than Jamie Lyon," Farrar said. "It will be very exciting.

"I've just got to play my own natural game and hopefully I'll be all right. I've spoken to Basil (assistant coach Ian Millward) about him, he's got some ideas on Lyon from when he coached him a fair bit over in England."

Millward, who mentored Lyon at St Helens, is equally confident his young charge can handle the Sea Eagles' Wee Waa wonder.

"I've got the highest respect for Jamie, he's a fantastic player but we know Ben is definitely up to the mark of containing him," Millward said.

"We're confident he's up to the task, he'll do fine.

"Ben's a very committed kid, and he's quite ruthless on the field. He's been going really well for us. He's from good stock and we believe he'll be a good replacement for Ash (Graham). He's good on his feet, which you need to be against Jamie because he's got some tricks."

Cowboys coach Graham Murray said: "He's up against a Test player, but we've got confidence he can do the job.

"He's light on his feet and we'll do some vision on Lyon but if anyone knows him, it's Ian Millward."

Farrar has edged out Mark Henry and gets his chance after travelling to Auckland as 18th man.

Could be a bluff? Ty Williams has been back playing QLD Cup the last couple weeks.

Their outside backs look really weak in attack, control the centre of the field and there shouldn't be too many dramas in getting a win IMO.

Could be a bluff? Ty Williams has been back playing QLD Cup the last couple weeks.

Their outside backs look really weak in attack, control the centre of the field and there shouldn't be too many dramas in getting a win IMO.

Could be a bluff although Murry's been quoted as saying he doesn't want to risk him yet. He returned to QLD cup last week after a torn hamstring.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6