Roobin Garrick sucks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
He’s been pretty bad at centre. Defensive reads are abhorrent and leaves saab (who isn’t a great hit and stick defender) isolated far too often. I’d have him back to left wing with koula back on the right centre and talau at left. It’s a **** hill to die on jeprodisring our season just to try someone who was unreal at wing In another position based on potential.

hozza

Bencher
Whole right side flank is fuking horrible in defence, point blank. Starting with concrete feet D$E , Garrick and the poor winger.
Garrick to wing may fix it, then again may not. It’s definitely not working with Garrick at centre though..

Why does everything have to be either rosy or ****???

Seems the way of everything these days, seems to have to be at one extreme end or the other.

Garrick is not ****, pathetic or the worst player in the team by a country mile. That is hyperbole IMO.

He does need to improve his defense, certainly, and in all facets too.

That said Garrick is nowhere near the reason we lost tonight.
Who is the worst player in the team? There has to be one.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
He’s been pretty bad at centre. Defensive reads are abhorrent and leaves saab (who isn’t a great hit and stick defender) isolated far too often. I’d have him back to left wing with koula back on the right centre and talau at left. It’s a **** hill to die on jeprodisring our season just to try someone who was unreal at wing In another position based on potential.
And a coaching career killer. Maybe he wants an early payout and a return to the expert commentary circuit.;)

It’s weird. Our season is increasingly on the line, but the obtuse coach keeps picking him in the centres.

Last edited:
When Talau is injury free and showing the potential he showed as a debutante at the tigers, it's hard not to think it's a salt vs pepper approach from seibold, the same way GCKT has been left out of the game for so long for a coal shoveller like Lawton and Croker.

Sorry jersey buyers, this is sadly above your level of intuition.

And a coaching career killer. Maybe he wants an early payout and an early return the expert commentary circuit.;)

It’s weird. Our season is increasingly on the line, but the obtuse coach keeps picking him in the centres.
Seibold wants an extension. He walked out recently, he's so risk averse he won't play GCKT when a game could be won.

Duck him off and get Matty Balin back.

Whole right side flank is fuking horrible in defence, point blank. Starting with concrete feet D$E , Garrick and the poor winger.
Garrick to wing may fix it, then again may not. It’s definitely not working with Garrick at centre though..
Curtis Sironen was the only player who could make DCE look a good defender since Tom Symonds.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
No he genuinely sucks. If you don't think he does then you're the problem.

This place used to be filled with people who knew rugby league. Now it's full of people just wanting to belong, be 'part of a tribe' or some crap.

Can't kick can't tackle, Parker is ten times the player this myth is.
my issue is with Koula. Garrick is a good player, just playing out of position. Koula is not NRL standard

my issue is with Koula. Garrick is a good player, just playing out of position. Koula is not NRL standard
Koula looks like the only back in the team who cares about defence. Hi bye mama, see you later sister that's the worst take on this site for weeks.

Koula is my favourite player, along with Ola and Jake. You obviously have no radar/ability to recognise effort and actual football skill compared to athleticism.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Who is the worst player in the team? There has to be one.

Oooft that seems like an unnecessarily negative way to look at the team.

But if you must, if you are talking value brought to the team, from todays 17, probally Waddell.

Tbh today I was more dissapointed with Koula, made 4 tackles and missed 5 (so critical ones too) and didnt really seem to try and inject himself into the game.

Garrick of course also missed tackles and missed those conversions but he certainly put himself in the game.

Lead the team for runs, run metres, post contact metres and tackle busts. Also had a try, a try assist, line break, line break assist and two offloads.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oooft that seems like an unnecessarily negative way to look at the team.

But if you must, if you are talking value brought to the team, from todays 17, probally Waddell.

Tbh today I was more dissapointed with Koula, made 4 tackles and missed 5 (so critical ones too) and didnt really seem to try and inject himself into the game.

Garrick of course also missed tackles and missed those conversions but he certainly put himself in the game.

Lead the team for runs, run metres, post contact metres and tackle busts. Also had a try, a try assist, line break, line break assist and two offloads.
That was a poor game from Koula today I agree, I don’t know if he is 100% fit, Sipley has been out of touch since returning from injury to early..

The club need to get cracking with getting a backrower..

God

Bencher
Koula is not a center at this point and if young Hoppa is being groomed as our future full back long term Koula needs to improve at center where he doesn't show his pace or beat opposition players enough.

joeboy

Bencher
I would argue Garrick, although his stats look great, he has a net effect of zero on a lot of games his mistakes and negative contributions cancel out the great he does.

Sipley, burbo, Brooks, and our captain are other examples of this. Although cherry is in the positive more often than not

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Koula is not a center at this point and if young Hoppa is being groomed as our future full back long term Koula needs to improve at center where he doesn't show his pace or beat opposition players enough.
Thank god someone agree with me. but peeople on silvertails are all saying how great Koula is playing centre. I rather he go run at paris this year. he is nothing more than a 100 metre sprinter. Brad Parker is opast his prime but surely better than the pint size Koula playing centre. who is bigger GKTC or Koula? 😁

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
He would be a top notch winger if he was comfortable under the high ball but he is still an 8/10 winger in my books. He is slightly better than Brad Parker in the centres. He is a 6/10 centre (only just). Fullback, he has filled in admirably for Turbo on many occasions. Just a shame he lacks confidence under the high balls, often letting them bounce. But still a 7/10 fullback.

His market value has plummeted this year. Talau is a far superior option in the centres. Garrick deserves a spot in our 17. His spot is on the wing. And a fill in for FB if Tom and Hopoate are unavailable.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Right side edge of Garrick DCE and Saab lets in the majority of our tries and people want to blame Koula? Sounds about right

The three of them are terrible defenders individually so no surprise an edge with all of them together is so poor defensively

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18