Rodney gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
No, it was more about guys like Dan, Doug, Mata and co. moving away, the forums deteriorating to MWSE.Com mentality, players like Beaver & co. retiring, and Ice Hockey hooks have been pushed in.

I still love Manly, and the game - it's just not my sole passion anymore. Also came down to hearing someone made death threats against me on these boards at one point (true or not).

Come on now Ryan, be honest. Those blokes you mention are just average. Its me you miss.

And as for that threat business, surely you wouldnt pay any attention to a forum numbskull billowing that sort of unbelievable nonsense.

Ryan said:
DSM5 said:
I still love the forum. Fair-weather fans are just that.

Your a red necked bogan, of coarse your going to fit right in.

Contrary to popular belief, DSM5 isn't a red necked bogan....I have had the pleasure of his company on a number of my trips this year and can confirm he's a really good guy, as many from here would also agree having met him as well during 2011. The fact he may not agree with anyone on here from time to time doesn't make him a "red necked bogan".

There's no doubt Ryan that the forum has indeed changed over the years, I am not one of the originals but have been posting here for a fair while.....I think to blame the closure of the MWSE forum is a little over the top, there was a lot of angst when that happened but to be fair many (if not most) of the people that signed up around that time no longer even come on here.

I'd also agree with another poster, perhaps it is there just isn't much to whinge about these days that is causing a number of the old brigade to switch off.

And as far as a YART is concerned, the team has been very settled this season so pretty hard to get a different YART every week anyway!!

Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy Sundays game!!

Not sure about the whinge factor - the forum was great in 2007 / 2008

Mark, without sounding like im disputing any part of your post, I must say, that there is no doubt in my mind and many other ST long termers, that the quality of the forum changed dramatically at that (MWSE closure) time.

But having said I am still here and for the most part still very much enjoy this site.

I know exactly where Ryan is coming from tbh, the forums have taken a back seat for me these days as well tbh

Kiwi Eagle said:
I know exactly where Ryan is coming from tbh, the forums have taken a back seat for me these days as well tbh

Ditto

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6