• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just watched that clip with Richie B in the commentary team when the ball of the century was delivered. Was so calm and yet excited at the same time.

Could you imagine if Vossy was calling that live now. He would literally explode into a thousand pieces.

Just watched that clip with Richie B in the commentary team when the ball of the century was delivered. Was so calm and yet excited at the same time.

Could you imagine if Vossy was calling that live now. He would literally explode into a thousand pieces.
Most likely! But there is a chance also that he would have missed it because he was talking about an unrelated topic.

The Barney Army and arguably the best supporter group in world sport and foe of Australian cricket have summed it up in a chant
“ wished you were English “

Some one has already mentioned
When they threw Warnie the ball if you were at the ground you would Jean forward in your seat in anticipation
In the pub it would become silent
If at home you would stop and turn up the radio

Compared to the people who have paid tribute I feel inadequate to comment other than I feel privileged to watch the one of the greatest ever cricketers

A day that everyone will remember where they were when they heard the news

Foxtel are quick to capitalize on Warnie's passing, they have a Doco out called "Shane" in their rent section for $6 or ultra HD for $7. Surely Foxtel should show this for free....wow !!

Foxtel are quick to capitalize on Warnie's passing, they have a Doco out called "Shane" in their rent section for $6 or ultra HD for $7. Surely Foxtel should show this for free....wow !!
It's free on Amazon Prime, I watched it last week. Foxtel probably have to pay Amazon to show it mate.

It's free on Amazon Prime, I watched it last week. Foxtel probably have to pay Amazon to show it mate.
Yep watched it last night over a couple of beers with my boys. It’s worth a look.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Maybe just me, but I feel Warnies manager, James Erskine, is crossing the line a bit. Going on the today show and saying he’s talked to Warnies kids is one thing, but to divulge what they said, I feel is going too far, and undermines their trust in him.
Maybe I’m overreacting, but for me, those sensitive and personal feelings with the kids should be kept between them.

Maybe just me, but I feel Warnies manager, James Erskine, is crossing the line a bit. Going on the today show and saying he’s talked to Warnies kids is one thing, but to divulge what they said, I feel is going too far, and undermines their trust in him.
Maybe I’m overreacting, but for me, those sensitive and personal feelings with the kids should be kept between them.
I agree, the detail he is giving is unseemly. A manager’s job is to protect the client, so keeping details under wraps for now would be more professional.

Having said that, this Warnie we are talking about, and his choice of manager is entirely within character.

The MCG would be awesome if they can pull it all together in time.
Definitely Eddie to MC. And I reckon his good mate Elton will be there. And if he pens a song
for Warnie, there will not be a dry eye in the ground.
Also good news that the Western Australian government have offered the Marsh family a state funeral also.

Still hasn’t sunk in fully for me.
Today is all about his family and close friends.
Those that have watched the doco "Shane", his eldest daughter Summer reminds me of Warnie, just with her mannerisms and some of Warnies idiosyncrasies.
Hopefully the Aussie cricket team can win the third and last test match against Pakistan starting tomorrow in his honour.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...y/news-story/09e0f7254babb799a87563e83547843c

Still hasn’t sunk in fully for me.
Today is all about his family and close friends.
Those that have watched the doco "Shane", his eldest daughter Summer reminds me of Warnie, just with her mannerisms and some of Warnies idiosyncrasies.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...y/news-story/09e0f7254babb799a87563e83547843c
Just watched the outstanding Shane Warne Memorial Service. It's amazing how many well-known people he was friends with who were from various walks of life and not just cricket.
It was a wonderful tribute to Warnie and I thought Jon Stevens' songs were brilliant.
The saddest part, which set me off, was seeing his three kids speak and I agree his (youngest) daughter Summer is very much like her father. They all spoke so well and it was quite moving. Well done to all concerned.

Last edited:
Just watched the outstanding Shane Warne Memorial Service. It's amazing how many well-known people he was friends with who were from various walks of life and not just cricket.
It was a wonderful tribute to Warnie and I thought Jon Stevens' songs were brilliant.
The saddest part, which set me off, was seeing his three kids speak and I agree his (youngest) daughter Summer is very much like her father. They all spoke so well and it was quite moving. Well done to all concerned.
I held it together until the kids as well. The people that put that together did an amazing job. Eddie McGuire has been a rock from the get-go. Allan Border is definitely still struggling. The finale was brilliant. And this got me good at the end. No better song to sum up Warnie.

Last edited:
I held it together until the kids as well. The people that put that together did an amazing job. Eddie McGuire has been a rock from the get-go. Allan Border is definitely still struggling. The finale was brilliant. And this got me good at the end. No better song to sum up Warnie.
I don't know how all Warnie's family members kept amazingly composed when they spoke, let along Eddie McGuire keeping it together throughout the service.

Agree, the finale was brilliant, with playing "My Way" and his kids opening the Shane Warne Stand was a perfect way to end such a highly emotional tribute.

Play was halted after the 23rd over of the first Test between England and New Zealand at Lord’s to pay tribute to the late Shane Warne.

With the Kiwis sitting 37-6 on Day 1, both sides paused and everyone inside the stadium stood in tribute, applauding the Australian cricket legend.

The ground announcer asked for 23 seconds of continued applause in honour of his number 23.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6