RIP Grant Goldman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RIP.

I think they even used his voice in the elevators at Warringah Mall some years back.

Loved his variations in pronunciation & delivery of "Beaver" whenever Menzies scored.
Yes did all the announcements at Warringah Mall for a number of years

Almost 2 years to the day since I met him.
I remember Goldie from the REALLY old 2sm days.
There will be only 1
BEAVERRRRRRRRRR

A brave fight for a Great Manly personality. He was really looking forward to this year so now it falls back on the team he supported for many seasons to stand up and honour his legacy.
Loved our conversations mate! I will miss you! RIP. With love and best thoughts to his family.

Oh, a story, you got to laugh at....
good old days as ground announcer, after the game he came up to me in the sponsors area and said "hey mate can you do me a favour... Yeah sure I said with my wife... forgot I promised the club I'd go over the leagues club and help with the players autographs and photo's... ok what do you want me to do? Can you drive Rex Mossop home? Yep I say.... so he helps me get him in the car... he leaves... I start driving and ask Rex where he lives and has no idea. I get stuck in a car for 2 hours and waiting for someone to tell me where he lives.

What a sad day, will always remember him for his ‘Beeeeever’ call and I credit him with the ‘40-nil’ chant. RIP champ

Very sad. Condolences to the Goldman family.
True story.
My old man who isn’t a footy tragic like his son, but he is a talk-back radio freak.

I told the old man years ago that we were going to one of @Mark from Brisbane s functions at the Crown Plaza on the GC, and Grant was going to be the MC. So my old man said can you pass a message on to him for me. No worries I said. Can you tell him I have been a keen listener of his for many years, but I cannot listen to him on 2SM on Monday mornings, regardless of wether Manly won or lost. If they won, he’d be mentioning it every chance he got. If they lost, he had every excuse under the sun as to how they were ripped off.
So I did go over and introduce myself and my daughter to him and relayed the message from the old man. He laughed, and said tell your old man if he listens to me only four days of the week that’s fine, cause his Monday morning Manly love in is never gunna stop!:h::h:

Last edited:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today lost one of its true supporters in former ground announcer Grant Goldman.

The Club was deeply saddened to hear the news of the passing of Mr Goldman last night after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 69.

Grant was the Club's iconic Ground Announcer for 35 years.

I remember walking along the concourse with him a couple of years ago, just after a few rounds had been played, and we weren't traveling to well and we were discussing how things were going very bad. We were having a good chat and he turned to me and said, mate, there is nothing Manly here anymore, nothing, only Bozo but he was getting paid to be here. He wasnt very happy, but thank goodness for the clean-out, now all you see is wall to wall Manly and thats the way it should be and stay. We cant afford to go down that path again....ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM, MANLY4LIFE

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2