RIP Bobby Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Max Krilich, 1978 Manly premiership winning captain

"Where do I start with my dear friend. 'Bozo' and I go back 50 odd years when we first got together on an away trip with Manly. I was a reserve grade player and we became friends. This friendship lasted and we enjoyed a premiership victory together in 1976. I had coffee with Bob a month ago and we chatted and laughed like the 18-year-olds we were when we first met. Bob was a great friend and a person who helped me out in difficult times because he could, and he wanted to. I have always regarded Bob to be the best player ever for Manly, NSW, and Australia. Having 'Bozo' in my life has been a blessing. He has been a fantastic and true friend, loyal, and always willing to give a hand. The world was a better place for having him in it and he will be sadly missed by not only myself but many, many people whose lives he has touched. My condolences to all of the Fulton family, wife Anne, children Kristie, Scott, and Brett, and all the grandchildren."

Frank Stanton, Manly Premiership winning Coach (1976, 1978)

“Bob was the best player I’ve ever played with and the best I’ve ever coached. He is amongst the top three players I ever saw. The other two were Malcolm Reilly and Alex Murphy. Bob was ahead of his time as a player with his work ethic and fitness levels. He deserved and worked hard for everything he achieved. Bob also turned to be an outstanding international Coach and one of the best Coaches Manly has ever had.”

Russel Gartner, Manly premiership winning centre (1976, 1978)

"Rest in Peace, 'Bozo'. I am proud and honoured to have had the privilege of playing with the greatest. Your nurturing and friendship was always cherished and will be remembered for a lifetime. To Anne, Scott, Brett, and Kristie, and families, our deepest sympathy on this saddest of times. 'Frogs' Gartner and family."

Cliff Lyons, NRL Hall of Fame

“Bob was the best Coach I ever had. He was the main reason why I came to Manly. I frequently think about the video sessions he used to put us through, the good and the bad ones. Without Bob being in charge of the Kangaroos, I might not have got a start in the second Test match at Manchester after we lost that first Test on the 1990 tour of England and France. My heart and thoughts go to the Fulton family. His wonderful wife Anne, and children Brett, Scott and Kristie, who have all been heavily involved and have done great things for our Club. We have lost Bob way too early."

Paul Vautin, 1987 Manly premiership winning Captain

"Bob Fulton came to coach Manly in 1983. He immediately turned me into a better player. He gave me more confidence in every aspect of my game and his coaching of the whole team was refreshing and exciting. And in the six years that he coached me, he made training and playing rugby league much more fun. After a Grand Final loss in 1983, Bob worked even harder at his craft and we, as a team, hit the jackpot in 1987 when we defeated Canberra 18-8 in the Grand Final. It was a wonderful team to be involved with and 'Bozo' never coached better than he did in 1987. It was a great reward for him. It was very sad to hear of his passing and my sympathies go out to Anne and the children."

Warwick 'Wok' Bulmer, Long serving Manly official

"Bob Fulton was not only the greatest Manly player, he was one of the all time great rugby league players. He was incredibly strong, brilliant ball runner, and a match winner. The greatest accolade I can give 'Bozo' is put him in the Cronulla side of 1973 and Parramatta team of 1976, and they win the premiership, not Manly. To Anne and family, our thoughts and prayers are with you at this particularly sad time. Rest In Peace 'Bozo' on that green footy field up yonder."

Bozo was the heart and soul of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles as player, captain, coach and so much more. Dan is there anyway we could temporarily replace the Silvertails logo at top of page with a Bozo tribute JPG?

RISE IN GLORY BOB FULTON
bob-fulton1.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought people might be interested in this.C5A1ACE7-A45F-4808-A9E5-9E1E04ECD636.jpeg
“The young bloke in the photo is Lance Bombardier Bob Fulton (RIP).
As a conscript he served two years as a Physical Training Instructor (Bombardier) at North Head in Sydney and on HMAS Sydney on deployment to Vietnam transferring troops to and from the war torn country.
Bob Fulton was a Veteran but refused any entitlement as he believed his service didn’t match the blokes who served in Vietnam.
He played rugby for the School of Artillery in the Sydney Competition and NSW Army, whilst also swanning around with Manly Rugby League as well.
His photos, team photos, were on the wall at North Head during my time there. I am unsure if he played Combined Services?
RIP Digger - duty done”- Bob Harris.

I thought people might be interested in this.View attachment 18200
“The young bloke in the photo is Lance Bombardier Bob Fulton (RIP).
As a conscript he served two years as a Physical Training Instructor (Bombardier) at North Head in Sydney and on HMAS Sydney on deployment to Vietnam transferring troops to and from the war torn country.
Bob Fulton was a Veteran but refused any entitlement as he believed his service didn’t match the blokes who served in Vietnam.
He played rugby for the School of Artillery in the Sydney Competition and NSW Army, whilst also swanning around with Manly Rugby League as well.
His photos, team photos, were on the wall at North Head during my time there. I am unsure if he played Combined Services?
RIP Digger - duty done”- Bob Harris.
Yep. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I remember watching him play rugby for the Army team.

A Message to the Fulton family

I am so sorry for our loss of our one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
It is comforting to know that Immortals live on in our hearts
and in our proud history of our legendary club and the greatest club of all The Manly Sea eagles
Rise in Glory Bob Fulton

885a62b5b2651a32c06bd6331096feb0bbf78c1f.jpg

Max Krilich, 1978 Manly premiership winning captain

"Where do I start with my dear friend. 'Bozo' and I go back 50 odd years when we first got together on an away trip with Manly. I was a reserve grade player and we became friends. This friendship lasted and we enjoyed a premiership victory together in 1976. I had coffee with Bob a month ago and we chatted and laughed like the 18-year-olds we were when we first met. Bob was a great friend and a person who helped me out in difficult times because he could, and he wanted to. I have always regarded Bob to be the best player ever for Manly, NSW, and Australia. Having 'Bozo' in my life has been a blessing. He has been a fantastic and true friend, loyal, and always willing to give a hand. The world was a better place for having him in it and he will be sadly missed by not only myself but many, many people whose lives he has touched. My condolences to all of the Fulton family, wife Anne, children Kristie, Scott, and Brett, and all the grandchildren."

Frank Stanton, Manly Premiership winning Coach (1976, 1978)

“Bob was the best player I’ve ever played with and the best I’ve ever coached. He is amongst the top three players I ever saw. The other two were Malcolm Reilly and Alex Murphy. Bob was ahead of his time as a player with his work ethic and fitness levels. He deserved and worked hard for everything he achieved. Bob also turned to be an outstanding international Coach and one of the best Coaches Manly has ever had.”

Russel Gartner, Manly premiership winning centre (1976, 1978)

"Rest in Peace, 'Bozo'. I am proud and honoured to have had the privilege of playing with the greatest. Your nurturing and friendship was always cherished and will be remembered for a lifetime. To Anne, Scott, Brett, and Kristie, and families, our deepest sympathy on this saddest of times. 'Frogs' Gartner and family."

Cliff Lyons, NRL Hall of Fame

“Bob was the best Coach I ever had. He was the main reason why I came to Manly. I frequently think about the video sessions he used to put us through, the good and the bad ones. Without Bob being in charge of the Kangaroos, I might not have got a start in the second Test match at Manchester after we lost that first Test on the 1990 tour of England and France. My heart and thoughts go to the Fulton family. His wonderful wife Anne, and children Brett, Scott and Kristie, who have all been heavily involved and have done great things for our Club. We have lost Bob way too early."

Paul Vautin, 1987 Manly premiership winning Captain

"Bob Fulton came to coach Manly in 1983. He immediately turned me into a better player. He gave me more confidence in every aspect of my game and his coaching of the whole team was refreshing and exciting. And in the six years that he coached me, he made training and playing rugby league much more fun. After a Grand Final loss in 1983, Bob worked even harder at his craft and we, as a team, hit the jackpot in 1987 when we defeated Canberra 18-8 in the Grand Final. It was a wonderful team to be involved with and 'Bozo' never coached better than he did in 1987. It was a great reward for him. It was very sad to hear of his passing and my sympathies go out to Anne and the children."

Warwick 'Wok' Bulmer, Long serving Manly official

"Bob Fulton was not only the greatest Manly player, he was one of the all time great rugby league players. He was incredibly strong, brilliant ball runner, and a match winner. The greatest accolade I can give 'Bozo' is put him in the Cronulla side of 1973 and Parramatta team of 1976, and they win the premiership, not Manly. To Anne and family, our thoughts and prayers are with you at this particularly sad time. Rest In Peace 'Bozo' on that green footy field up yonder."
Great words, without Bozo our club would have never reached the heights we have a wonderful player, brilliant coach and master mind of recruitment.
Still can't believe it an amazing era. His young fella doing a superb job with all youth recruitment

Great words, without Bozo our club would have never reached the heights we have a wonderful player, brilliant coach and master mind of recruitment.
Still can't believe it an amazing era. His young fella doing a superb job with all youth recruitment
His young fella has always had a lot of pressure being a Legendary players son
You are so right . He is making his great dad and our great club proud with the great work recruiting some great young prospects .

Had major surgery today and the guy taking me to theatre said as he knew I was a 50 year supporter - “dont worry BOZO is watching over you” .... back in room and just watched NRL 360 he was a much loved man. Arko is still god but whatever the next is in line Bozo is ❤️🦅

Bob Fulton is waiting at the entrance to the tunnel at Endeavour Field. He’s waiting for Bill Harrigan.

He’s just watched his Manly side suffer an 18-13 loss to Cronulla, a rare blip for his side during that 1987 season.

(hope you're recovering well @Shells Eagles - take things easy, no more bungee jumping for awhile!)

Had major surgery today and the guy taking me to theatre said as he knew I was a 50 year supporter - “dont worry BOZO is watching over you” .... back in room and just watched NRL 360 he was a much loved man. Arko is still god but whatever the next is in line Bozo is ❤️🦅
Happy healing feathered friend . Take care of your self .
Arko is the Father
Bozo is the Son
and all Passionate Manly club members and players are our legendary clubs Holy spirit

Does anyone know details about the State Funeral and if we will be able to attend and show our respects at least in some way? I haven't been able to find anything.

Does anyone know details about the State Funeral and if we will be able to attend and show our respects at least in some way? I haven't been able to find anything.
As far as I know it's been offered but it's up to the family to accept.
From what I've heard from from his mates in the media and the way he was I'd say they'll knock it back.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2