RIP Bobby Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh wow, didn't even know he was sick...RIP to the immortal. Get the win today boys.

RIP condolence to the family will be sadly missed by all footy fans irrespectively of whichever was team they support. If Arko is Manly Warringah's father than Bozo is and will always be Manlys son.

Bob Fulton is one of the main reasons I came to love the Sea Eagles. I started watching in 1965 and he started the year after as 5/8 outside of the star of the Manly side at that time Frank Stanton. He was the key player for Manly for the next decade, and I used to love his magic ability.

Manly's first three premierships came during his time with us and he was one of the major factors. And then he took over coaching and got us to the grand final several times and two premierships. Along with Ken Arthurson, he has been the most influential force in making Manly such a power in the premiership.

Little wonder he is an Immortal, because he will always be that to the Maroon and White supporters. RIP Bozo. You will be sorely missed but never forgotten by me. You are the life and soul of the Sea Eagles.

Like many others, had no idea he was this sick. I was working, and my old man rang me, and said I’ve just heard thru Ray Hadley (who was in tears on air) that the great Bobby Fulton had passed. Took a while to digest, packed up my stuff, knowing they’ll be nothing productive coming out of the rest of today, except sadness and sorrow.

Yes, like all the other oldies, i'm really sad. When i think of Bozo, i think of a champion. He didn't just win games and premierships, for Manly, he starred for and captained the Kangaroos. He coached Manly and Australia.

I first saw him play on that day in May 1967. So classy, so much footy nouse, at a young age. He was fast, could step either way, was tough, and used the referees as tactical distractions; they didn't even realise it half the time. He could - and needed to many a time - win matches by himself. The Brooky crowd used to put pressure on him to win it for the team when Manly were behind, and in the 2nd half on numerous occasions he delivered. Over and Over.

He scored great tries and set up just as many. He was cheeky on the field and seemed to have a sense of humour, and the butt of the joke was not always the opposition - it was often the officials. :)
He coached Manly sides to win the comp, and coached our current coach Dessie, who learnt so much from Bozo.

I miss him already. 73 is too soon to go.

Like many I had no idea that he had been battling cancer... it was such a shock when a friend sent me a text with news of his death, I didn’t want to believe it... I’m still processing the news... I’ve only ever seen highlights of Bozo playing for Manly and even from the old grainy footage you can tell he was classy, skilful, rugged and quick of mind and body. As a coach I was in awe of him and what he was able to achieve with Manly, NSW & Australia. Such a sad day but so fitting that our NRL team had such a great gutsy victory over one of our biggest rivals. Rest In Peace Bozo, you will never be forgotten.

Fox are paying tribute to Bozo today, they will be playing a lot of his games throughout the day
As they should. I've hit record to get it all.

Hopefully the club will announce something around a memorial and chance for us to pay respects - hopefully something between the Corso and Brooky. Hopefully a state funeral.

The power and control that the team played with, and how DCE spoke about respects to Bozo's family after the game. One of the greatest ever games by a Manly side.

Very sad news [ and totally taken aback when i heard the news ] and testament to the enormous contribution he made to Rugby league as a champion player and then other important roles with the high level of public tributes . R I P , Manly legend always and sincere condolences to his family and friends .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4