RFL - 5 Greatest Players of All Time??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which Kramer ? Have to choose between Kramer versus Kramer before making that suggestion .
20200206_140609.jpg

Attachments

• 20200206_140609.jpg
    20200206_140609.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
Assuming based on uk league. Given there no Burgess, mal Reilly, morley. Wtf is billy Boston absolute icon of uk game and sinfield yes he won 5 titles and 2 wcc but at test level very poor.

All of these lists are always subjective I agree but having watched the English game for about 45 years I could easily name 50+ players who I would put ahead of him. Just a bang average player in a successful club side

If Kevin Sinfield had played NRL he'd have been bog average at best.

Mal Reilly was so much better than he could ever dream to be. And Mal was a success in England and here in Australia with Manly.

If Kevin Sinfield had played NRL he'd have been bog average at best.

Mal Reilly was so much better than he could ever dream to be. And Mal was a success in England and here in Australia with Manly.
Mal won several cc with Castleford in one of there golden eras and then what 4 with manly plus last side to win ashes in 72 from uk.

I'm afraid I would not risk naming the best Rugby League players ever because most of them I didn't see or only saw intermittently playing for other clubs. Now Manly Sea Eagles after 1964, I could name my top 5

Fulton'
Cliff Lyons
Eadie
Menzies
Reilly

followed by
Brett Stewart
Krillich
Lyon
Randall
Roberts

The rise of Turbo and DCE may change those assessments when they have retired. And for sheer excitement watching who can forget John Gibbs, Phil Blake, Russ Gartner, O'Connor and Shearer.

Had some great career moments for Manly but would not put Cliffy in the top five players for Manly . Fulton , Reilly and Eadie would probably top the list on most criteria however .

Had some great career moments for Manly but would not put Cliffy in the top five players for Manly . Fulton , Reilly and Eadie would probably top the list on most criteria however .

For me even in my time as a Manly fan since 1982, it would be way too hard to narrow it down to just 5 players.

Since 1982 I could name the likes of Cliff Lyons, Dale Shearer, Paul Vautin, Michael O'Connor, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Noel Cleal, Terry Hill, Mark Carroll, Steve Menzies, Nik Kosef, Daniel Gartner, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Matt Orford, Daly Cherry-Evans, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic.

And there are those in these forums who could probably name more. And there are some who did get to see the likes of Bob Fulton, Mal Reilly, Terry Randall, Max Krilich and Graham Eadie. And if hard pressed you could probably find some who saw Roy Bull, Rex Mossop and Wally O'Connell.

I could easily name my top 5 favourite players - Cliffy, Beaver, Snake, Tooves and Killer. But as to who were our 5 greatest players? I'm 44 now, I'll probably be 64 by the time I figure it out.

For me even in my time as a Manly fan since 1982, it would be way too hard to narrow it down to just 5 players.

Since 1982 I could name the likes of Cliff Lyons, Dale Shearer, Paul Vautin, Michael O'Connor, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Noel Cleal, Terry Hill, Mark Carroll, Steve Menzies, Nik Kosef, Daniel Gartner, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Matt Orford, Daly Cherry-Evans, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic.

And there are those in these forums who could probably name more. And there are some who did get to see the likes of Bob Fulton, Mal Reilly, Terry Randall, Max Krilich and Graham Eadie. And if hard pressed you could probably find some who saw Roy Bull, Rex Mossop and Wally O'Connell.

I could easily name my top 5 favourite players - Cliffy, Beaver, Snake, Tooves and Killer. But as to who were our 5 greatest players? I'm 44 now, I'll probably be 64 by the time I figure it out.
Seems a good take on things for this type of a topic . Even before i started following Manly , there were test players like Ken Day and Mick Vievers who would have rated right up there and just after i started taking notice also test players like Ray Branighan and John O "Neil , some would even include Ian Martin and definitely Alan Thompson . Fulton , Reilly and Eadie irrespective of any other previous eras just had that exceptional all round brilliance and match winning capability to set the bar very high .

Seems a good take on things for this type of a topic . Even before i started following Manly , there were test players like Ken Day and Mick Vievers who would have rated right up there and just after i started taking notice also test players like Ray Branighan and John O "Neil , some would even include Ian Martin and definitely Alan Thompson . Fulton , Reilly and Eadie irrespective of any other previous eras just had that exceptional all round brilliance and match winning capability to set the bar very high .

As fans of this club, over the years we've been blessed with some of the greatest talent ever seen in rugby league. Some of them we have brought in from outside, some have been home grown. But as fans we've definitely been blessed to have them in the maroon and white.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4