*revived thread* Rugby league is not a sport, it's an atrocity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Rugby league is not a sport, it's an atrocity

The Eagle said:
Daniel said:
This from a man who thinks Bathurst is the pinnacle of sport

It is for motorsport, did you know f1 drivers lose 5kg during a typical race?

That's because most of them take their wallets out of their hip pocket at the first pit stop because they find them too uncomfortable to sit on.

That article was a disgraceful attack by the DT on the intelligence of motor sports fans. No-one ... not even a motorhead ... could be so stupid as to claim he is ignoring rugby league by writing and publishing an essay about rugby league.

Daniel said:
Did you know motor racing is boring?

If thats what you believe its not really a shock as evidence by your automotive choices in the past (not a dig, just an observation)

I find it intriguing, but after recent splurges by the red army it has lost its charm as the blues only have up and comers plus one supposed superhero left, sort of like nrl during our dark ages (brisbane)

Intriguing? Watching cars drive around a track. I have a few rooms left to paint in the house, feel like letting me know when the first coat is dry?

:)

If they choose to add no reasoning for their point of view, then I fail to see how their point of view can be acceptable as an argument to the original statement

Both of you have debated this to the death. There is nowhere to go from here. The finer points have been covered and examined so thoroughly, that there is only one possible outcome for someone like me to arrive at. I could not give a rats either way. Thanks guys. :)

Stolen from LU and a damned good read

Hmmm, IDEA.....

(Rugby League takes the podium, after being roasted by Rugby, Football and Aussie Rules. The crowd waits for Rugby League's response).

"Thanks for all coming out tonight to listen to this lot roast me. Especially Rugby, it's great to see my older brother here. I didn't know my older brother thought I was such a common, knuckle-dragging ignoramus. I can see where he's coming from, though- if I was richer but my younger brother was better looking, more popular and partying harder, I'd be pretty pissed off too. It's alright though bro- you've always got your white South African mates and your Neo-Nazi friends to sip scotch with and lament the good old days! He also said I had a culture of binge drinking- what can I say? Last night I got absolutely ****-faced, I am still pretty hung over now as we speak and to be honest, I don't know exactly what I've done the past 24 hours or where I am. But looking around me, I see this place is full and people are watching me so I'm obviously not at a Super 14's match! You're proof that money can't buy you love.

I can see Football sitting there quietly, having a laugh. Mate, when did you change your name from Soccer? You're like the ethnic bloke who gets cashed up, moves from the western suburbs to Bondi then changes the pronounciation of his name, saying "Ciao!" and deriding the "bogans" from Blacktown- you're fooling nobody! You kept going on about how small I am and how you're "The world game". Stuff like "Rugby League only matters in NSW, Qld and some Northern English coal mining towns, but I'm the World Game" and "The World Game is better than Rugby League because people all over the world follow it". Let me just say that while you were prattling away there, the audience and I were stuffing ourselves on the seafood platter and drinking French champagne. That rubbish is beneath you though- because McDonald's is "The World's Restaurant" and Coca Cola is "The World's drink" so you must be pretty hungry by now, huh? You also called me "A dumb game, followed by bogans and played by morons". That was pretty funny actually, I'll give you that one. You should tell it next time you go for some quiet drinks with your West Ham or Millwall supporting friends. And feel free to laugh at how simple I am next time you're discussing philosophy with Wayne Rooney. I'd mention the A-League but I'll leave it there, 'cause you're looking more anxious than Fernando Torres in front of an open goal!

Who have I missed? Ahhhh yes, Aussie Rules. I see you there with that smug grin on your face, holding that map of Australia with the Barassi line printed on it. I'm glad you got to stand up and rubbish my name, I was worried you weren't going to make it. Why did you spend an hour in the boggers, and where's my 15 year old sister gone? You said that I am dumb, uneducated and always mucking up, and that you're the poster boy who never gets into trouble. As it happens, I got a call earlier from hotel reception, they said last night you trashed your room. But then Andrew Demetriou gave them a phone call and they sent the cleaners up to sweep all your mess under the carpet, so it's all taken care of now. As for being dumb, how dumb do you have to be to hit on schoolgirls? Surely you must be educated enough to know to check I.D? Or not let teenage girls take photos of you and your mate, naked touching pork swords? And how f**king dumb do you have to be to let a teenage girl hold your entire code to ransom? You hated on me for only being liked in 2 states and it's true, I'll give you that one. I wish I could be a huge code, followed in 3 states and having Melbourne as my international headquarters. How are the preparations for your next World Cup going? I hear the people of Nauru can't wait! In regards to everything else though- like an Aussie Rules sharp shooter who kicks the ball between the outer posts, you might think you scored but everybody else knows in reality, you still missed the point!

So let the haters keep on hating but remember this: I am Rugby f**king League! Sure I get a little too drunk sometimes, maybe I swear in polite conversation and I do fart in public sometimes- but who cares? People f**king love me! I have the mates, the attention from the babes and the everyday appeal that Rugby can only dream about, I eat talented pea-hearted prima donnas like Cristiano Ronaldo for breakfast then spit 'em out and go for more, and as for Aussie Rules- at least I can step off a plane overseas and people actually know who the f**k I am! Thank you all and goodnight!"

eagles2win said:
That is gold Eagle

As I stated I can't take credit for it, although id love to,i spent a long time giggling at the pork sword pictures part

Stolen from that same LU postings -

Been commenting on this at http://www.twitter.com/RL1908 - some of the posts...

Quote:

RL1908 Sean Fagan @ RL1908
NSWRU WW1 "suspended competition" - that doesn't = stopped playing!Sydney 1st grade played on, but no table & finals i.e. no "competition".

Oh my. Sydney RU in WW1. SMH 30Aug1915 "Eight of the RU clubs closed season on Saturday with a knockout competition at the Sports Ground."

SMH 7Aug1915: "To-days Fixtures. Rugby Union. Univ v Easts; Balmain v Manly; Glebe v Nth Sydney; Mosman v Newtown; St George v Randwick ."

Oh dear. BrisbaneCourier 9Sept1915: "The RU premiership final will be played on Sat at Brisb Cricket Grd when Valleys meet Christian Bros".

WW1 history lesson article gave was the problem. It detracts the RU men who all volunteered 6 months b4 1915 footy season.

Think about it Mr Pottinger. RU went pro 1995. Even if was no RL or WW1, amateur RU would've lost NSW/QLD in 1920s to Aust rules or soccer.

Due to low crowds 1920 the QRU fell into debt. QRL held fundraising matches & gave all $ to QRU who paid off its debts. QRU still disbanded.

Sports played thru WW1? VFL, cricket, RU in NZ, USA baseball, gridiron, Canadian ice hockey, boxing. Soccer & RL in UK til war took toll.

If RL only toppled RU in Aust due to WW1 (Aug 1914), how come Wallabies-AllBlacks Test Sydney July 1914 drew 10K fans, yet in 1907 was 50K?

Whack!

Rugby league is not a sport, it's an atrocity

Brissie Kid said:
Stolen from that same LU postings -

Been commenting on this at http://www.twitter.com/RL1908 - some of the posts...

Quote:

RL1908 Sean Fagan @ RL1908
NSWRU WW1 "suspended competition" - that doesn't = stopped playing!Sydney 1st grade played on, but no table & finals i.e. no "competition".

Oh my. Sydney RU in WW1. SMH 30Aug1915 "Eight of the RU clubs closed season on Saturday with a knockout competition at the Sports Ground."

SMH 7Aug1915: "To-days Fixtures. Rugby Union. Univ v Easts; Balmain v Manly; Glebe v Nth Sydney; Mosman v Newtown; St George v Randwick ."

Oh dear. BrisbaneCourier 9Sept1915: "The RU premiership final will be played on Sat at Brisb Cricket Grd when Valleys meet Christian Bros".

WW1 history lesson article gave was the problem. It detracts the RU men who all volunteered 6 months b4 1915 footy season.

Think about it Mr Pottinger. RU went pro 1995. Even if was no RL or WW1, amateur RU would've lost NSW/QLD in 1920s to Aust rules or soccer.

Due to low crowds 1920 the QRU fell into debt. QRL held fundraising matches & gave all $ to QRU who paid off its debts. QRU still disbanded.

Sports played thru WW1? VFL, cricket, RU in NZ, USA baseball, gridiron, Canadian ice hockey, boxing. Soccer & RL in UK til war took toll.

If RL only toppled RU in Aust due to WW1 (Aug 1914), how come Wallabies-AllBlacks Test Sydney July 1914 drew 10K fans, yet in 1907 was 50K?

Whack!

Gotta love the work that Sean Fagan puts in for his love affair with league. Have tweeted a few questions to him and he has had no problems answering them for me.
From my understanding he is a Manly fan, not only that his daughter is a regular poster here and done some stuff for Manly #shameless plug for the Fagan family

eagles2win said:
Gotta love the work that Sean Fagan puts in for his love affair with league. Have tweeted a few questions to him and he has had no problems answering them for me.
From my understanding he is a Manly fan, not only that his daughter is a regular poster here and done some stuff for Manly #shameless plug for the Fagan family

A Manly fan! I'm now even more impressed! I should get on twitter but I have no idea what I'm doing.

COMMANDER said:

Lady Boi :p

I was reminded of my dear, now retired, Chiro when I read this.

She watched a Manly game once to see what I was on about, her view - 'It's trauma, not a sport' :D

But, I miss the vicarious cleansing of my weekly angst - bring on the World Cup at least :exclamation::cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6