Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was it the 91 Ashes tour. Staying up late to watch Cliffy the immortal slay the British Lions in green and gold in the best Test Matches in History. You knew when the game was about to come on. The longest ever intro to Bat out of Hell.

RIP Rod Marsh

Aussie cricket legend Rod Marsh has died at the age of 74 after suffering a major heart attack last week.

Widely regarded as one of Australia’s greatest ever Test players, he had been in a critical condition and had been placed in an induced coma. He was transported to Adelaide earlier this week.

Marsh represented Australia in 96 Test matches and 92 ODIs between 1970 and 1984. He scored 3633 Test runs and claimed 343 catches in his illustrious career and since retirement, has contributed to the game he loves as a coach, commentator and national selector. He was inducted into Cricket Australia’s Hall of Fame in 2005.

He stands immortalised for his iconic tandem act with Aussie speed demon Dennis Lillee where they combined for a record number of dismissals. Their 95 dismissals is a record that has still never been beaten by any duo in Test cricket. Adam Gilchrist and Glenn McGrath combined for 90 wickets in Test cricket.

RIP Rod Marsh

Aussie cricket legend Rod Marsh has died at the age of 74 after suffering a major heart attack last week.

Widely regarded as one of Australia’s greatest ever Test players, he had been in a critical condition and had been placed in an induced coma. He was transported to Adelaide earlier this week.

Marsh represented Australia in 96 Test matches and 92 ODIs between 1970 and 1984. He scored 3633 Test runs and claimed 343 catches in his illustrious career and since retirement, has contributed to the game he loves as a coach, commentator and national selector. He was inducted into Cricket Australia’s Hall of Fame in 2005.

He stands immortalised for his iconic tandem act with Aussie speed demon Dennis Lillee where they combined for a record number of dismissals. Their 95 dismissals is a record that has still never been beaten by any duo in Test cricket. Adam Gilchrist and Glenn McGrath combined for 90 wickets in Test cricket.
Just watched a very moving insight on Fox from Kerry "skull" O’Keefe. Played all his test cricket with Marsh. But more importantly came to the aid of Skull in his dark days post cricket retirement in the early nineties.
Let’s hope the Aussie cricket team do him proud over in Pakistan, which has just begun.

Recall very early in Rod "s test career , used to occasionally and no doubt a bit unfairly be referred as " Iron Gloves " but certainly could never be referred as that past that point and for the remainder of his cricket career . Seemed such an integral member of those great Aussi test sides of the mid - late 70 "s and early 80 's and particularly against those great West indies sides at the time . Such a handy batsman too and keeping for Thommo and Lillie at their peak , quite demanding but so very accomplished as well . True cricket legend . R I P

wow...woke up this morn to check out the Weather situation on TV, only to see the news on Warnie. What a shock, my thoughts and wishes go out to his family at this terrible time. Such an Icon of the game, and along with Ricky Ponting, had a great knowledge of the game as commentators later in life.

Wow just found out today that Chris Bailey of The Saints died over the weekend. One of my favourite bands when I was younger and angrier. I'll put a couple of songs in the music clip thread to celebrate.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6