Representative honours (& game day thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst I thought Lolohea had a good game .... I thought all Tonga was missing was some pace and nip in the halves .....

They had sufficient domination in the forwards .... but no speed around the rucks .... a Damien Cook from dummy half or a Keary from half and they would have put 50 on the Poms ....

Whilst I thought Lolohea had a good game .... I thought all Tonga was missing was some pace and nip in the halves .....

They had sufficient domination in the forwards .... but no speed around the rucks .... a Damien Cook from dummy half or a Keary from half and they would have put 50 on the Poms ....
Nase will be there next year. His shoulder op left him out this year :nod:

Sorry Who,but have to disagree with you,I thought the reffing was atrocious.If Manly were the Poms and the Roosters were the Tongans this forum would go into meltdown...
Blatant forward passes by the Tongans let go,hands all over the ball constantly in tackles and holding down in the tackle,walking off the mark gaining extra metres at the play the ball,markers not even close to being into position or square and allowed to be involved in the play,guys in front of the kicker and not called.
In saying that I thought the Tongans were great,the Poms defended well but need to make a few changes.

I thought I was the only one who saw it. Not to take away from Tonga's performance because they did out play the Poms. But I mean, that try on half time....the scorer was a metre in front when Jennings kicked it (not to mention a forward pass earlier in the play that Troy Aikman would have been proud of). For mine it was awarded more because it looked good and because of the occasion than because it was actually a try. Being 100% honest, my first thought when Horsehead awarded it was "If that was Manly, he'd have ruled us offside".

Agreed. It's sickening to read that the 19-year-old Fifita is "League's best prop".
He's nowhere near the player AFB is atm.
The ‘Manly loading’ in action.

The Manly loading saw Steve Folkes tour with the ‘86 Kangaroos ahead of the more deserving Paul Vautin. Four years earlier it was Pearce ahead of Vautin.

Or Terry Randall not making the Top 100 list back in 2008. There are other examples too numerous to name.

Perhaps it’s part of the price for revelling in wanting to be hated as a club.

Last edited:

The Manly loading saw Steve Folkes tour with the ‘86 Kangaroos ahead of the more deserving Paul Vautin. Four years earlier it was Pearce ahead of Vautin.

Or Terry Randall not making the Top 100 list back in 2008. There are examples too numerous to name.

No political party or any one else was worthy to ever deny

the Ordination of the Honourable Incomparable Immortal Robert Fulton

DjZI9lnUUAEqPlS.jpg

Or Terry Randall not making the Top 100 list back in 2008. There are other examples too numerous to name.

Fatty got dudded big time in 1982. Made his test debut that year, played Origin for Qld and was generally seen as one of our best in the run to the Grand Final. Although I don't think it was Pearce who got picked instead, I have the feeling it was someone else. As for 1986.....he broke his arm that year and missed half the season. Kinda not surprised he was overlooked (though his rehab didn't get half as much press, or sympathy, than what Pearce got with his ACL).

How Igor wasn't in that Top 100 is beyond me, especially when you saw some who were selected. For mine another surprise non-selection was Dale Shearer.

Fatty got dudded big time in 1982. Made his test debut that year, played Origin for Qld and was generally seen as one of our best in the run to the Grand Final. Although I don't think it was Pearce who got picked instead, I have the feeling it was someone else. As for 1986.....he broke his arm that year and missed half the season. Kinda not surprised he was overlooked (though his rehab didn't get half as much press, or sympathy, than what Pearce got with his ACL).

How Igor wasn't in that Top 100 is beyond me, especially when you saw some who were selected. For mine another surprise non-selection was Dale Shearer.
Probably John Muggleton , the G F Eels 2 nd rower in 1982 who was selected ahead of Fatty for that tour even though Fatty had his usual consistent season . Muggleton was a skillful forward but no doubt Fatty was unlucky not to be included also

I recall for that top 100 list they said Bob Fulton eastern suburbs though. Manly loading

He was probably playing for the roosters at the time

The honourable Incomparable Immortal receiving his MBE from none other than her Majesty

Not many have the honour to be honoured by the Queen

His greatness will never and can never be denied or surpassed
p-69-03.jpg

Probably John Muggleton , the G F Eels 2 nd rower in 1982 who was selected ahead of Fatty for that tour even though Fatty had his usual consistent season . Muggleton was a skillful forward but no doubt Fatty was unlucky not to be included also

TBH I was thinking more along the lines of either Don McKinnon or more likely Ian Schubert.

Before the 1982 Tour, Schubert hadn't played rep footy since the 1978 tour.

TBH I was thinking more along the lines of either Don McKinnon or more likely Ian Schubert.

Before the 1982 Tour, Schubert hadn't played rep footy since the 1978 tour.
Think that were also quite a few other top line back rowers available for rep honours at that time with the likes of Boyd ,Paul MaCabe , Gerrard , etc . Just recall specifically that Muggleton was a surprise tour inclusion then and Fatty a surprise omission .

Saturday 5:30pm Fox/GEM

KANGAROOS TEAM v TONGA INVITATIONAL XIII

1. James Tedesco,
2. Josh Addo-Carr,
3. Latrell Mitchell,
4. Jack Wighton,
5. Nick Cotric,
6. Cameron Munster,
7. Daly Cherry-Evans,
8. Josh Papalii,
9. Damien Cook,
10. David Klemmer,