Remember when?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Remember 2004/5 when our defence was leaking an average of 30 points per game?

After two rounds we've conceded 14 points, an average of 7 per game and one try per game! We have two tryless halves to our credit.

At the moment (pending outcome of Sharks/Titans) we are ranked 2nd in defence (Souths are first!) and 3rd in attack (behind Cowgirls and Warriors).

It could be fair to say our defence has starched up somewhat.

With the exception of risk aversion Des has rewarded my faith in him. He has built this team well and defence is now solid.

While I am at it....doesnt this newly found depth we have reflect good recruitment by Crusher ?

Your too late jatz.

I gave des and crusher a wrap last night... go see my first reply to the "at full strength" thread hahaha

a lot of people have been hasler bashers over the last 3 seasons (byso you are one that comes to mind mate)

I think he has rebuilt this side from the rubble left by peter blunt. Each year our squad has got stronger and we have improved.

Im not convinced just yet that we are contenders i think we are morals for the top 6

we have played some poor sides though... and again this week..

Tigers were awful... Canberra is rubbish... Roosters shouldnt be a problem if we perform. So we havent really been tested yet.

I agree that the defence has looked great. But neither Canberra nor Tigers have big punishing running backrowers, or large outside backs. This is where we typically struggle when defending close to our line. I think the Warriors in 2 weeks will be the litmus test.

we played the 2nd worst and 3rd worst attaacking sides and will play the worst this week

Obviously both go hand in hand but its too early to call for me.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6