RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just wondering how many years the Club put into each of them?
They both played in the 2017 Matthews GF side, alongside Albert Hopoate, Burbo, Weekes & Schuster (c).

Wonder if the players maybe were not up front with the club about the fact they were going to sign with Saints.
If Manly knew and didn't try to make a counter offer, then no fault.
But if they were off negotiating with Saints (totally legally) without telling Manly, that might throw a different light on all the close squad ties and community spirit everyone's been trumpeting for months.
Every club is well aware that players in the last 12 months of their contract have managers out there shopping them around. If you take a look at our 1st grade pack compared to Saints it's pretty obvious why they left, they're looking for a 1st grade gig. They probably got a little extra coin but the quicker pathway was probably the most compelling reason.

Why not do a Storm
LetHarry Grant go to Tigers to gain experience then get him back as a quality 1st grade player

They both played in the 2017 Matthews GF side, alongside Albert Hopoate, Burbo, Weekes & Schuster (c).

So whilst the four you mention have gone onto play first grade, none of them have cemented a regular spot - not even The Schu - whilst the two we've "lost" haven't even looked like making it yet.

Bradman Best is the only one from Knights team that is a regular first grader. None of the others ring a bell.

Just because they were in "the system" for that long doesn't necessarily mean they'll make it and six years later they're still not near the top 17-20.

As has been said plenty of times, you can't keep them all.

So whilst the four you mention have gone onto play first grade, none of them have cemented a regular spot - not even The Schu - whilst the two we've "lost" haven't even looked like making it yet.

Bradman Best is the only one from Knights team that is a regular first grader. None of the others ring a bell.
Maybe it's the Des factor that has kept some players back, esp. Weekes. I would suggest that Schuster is a regular first grader, even though he spent time on the bench last year. If Fifita stays with us this season, it's quite likely he will play in the top side

Best was promoted to the NRL in 2019. Of the others, I think Harry Croker is close to NRL selection.

D
You are giving far too much credit to the recruitment and retention brains trust at Manly. There are numerous former Manly players now with other clubs who would get into our top 17.
Don’t get me wrong, we have made numerous errors in our past regarding the build up of our squad but I can’t recall too many players wanting to leave. By memory the poor recruitment/retention decisions have been showing the wrong people the door ie hynes, api, Gutho etc. as Rocky stated AFB is one that springs to mind but can’t recall too many others. Happy to be corrected though.

D

Don’t get me wrong, we have made numerous errors in our past regarding the build up of our squad but I can’t recall too many players wanting to leave. By memory the poor recruitment/retention decisions have been showing the wrong people the door ie hynes, api, Gutho etc. as Rocky stated AFB is one that springs to mind but can’t recall too many others. Happy to be corrected though.
AFB was scared of bikies and had to move. Remember!

Similar to klemmer. Klemmer simply had to get away from bad stuff in Sydney to go to Newcastle. Hope he’s ok now he’s back in Sydney.

D

Not sure Hynes,Api and Gutherson are the perfect examples of poor decisions as there is an argument against each one.Hynes was not in a good space mentally when he left Manly,there was a younger,better and cheaper option for Api and Gutherson is not a centre/ 5/8 and is no TomT(injuries aside)Hindsight is a wonderful thing

It's only official once the clubs have announced it, I think everyone's getting ahead of themselves. Tuitavake is always injured so I really don't care if he has indeed gone. Fifita is a bench prop, they're easily replaced.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4