RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
with respect to the boys not becoming regular 1st grades 7 years on from Matthew’s GF let’s remember these young ones loss 2 good years of development when the lower grade comps were shut down due to Covid .. you can’t make that loss up in the gym. Fifita was cutting forwards in half prior to Covid, off the bench, which was strange , but hey , maybe late for training too often or coach preferred fultons or whatever. when we signed that Cowboy forward I thought, there goes Vils $$$, but i said to myself , mate it’s too early for uncle nick to take him , stop worrying.

Not sure Hynes,Api and Gutherson are the perfect examples of poor decisions as there is an argument against each one.Hynes was not in a good space mentally when he left Manly,there was a younger,better and cheaper option for Api and Gutherson is not a centre/ 5/8 and is no TomT(injuries aside)Hindsight is a wonderful thing
100% agreed, my reasoning for using these players as an example was due to manly at the time advising them their services weren’t wanted in opposed to players wanting to be out the club. Anyway focus is on the now, I’m personally hopeful that if we do loose these players it’s for something in return. Last couple of gems we got from them were Saab and Garrick.

We get something good out of it - & I don't mean Aaron Woods that would be ridiculous - or those guys can spend all year getting thumped with BWSE. Stand to the contracts Manly!

Wait for the dust to settle on this one. Club might have something in the works. I personally think we had too many forwards in the 30 anyway. Tui is still a work in progress. Fifita is a loss no doubt about it.

Ffs.

Another reason to hate the Red V (ag).

I really hope this doesn't mean players prefer Griffin over Seibold. We will be in trouble if that's the case.
@bob dylan I think it’s more They prefer more money and a shot at a reg 1st grade gig, as opposed to less money and sitting behind others hoping injuries might give them a shot. I mean Tuilangi and Guac on the edges is looking pretty solid right now. They stay fit and those other guys ain’t getting much of a look in.

Sounds like Fifita is a big loss. I don’t know why we signed Condon and kept Boyle when we had Fifita in the wings.
Experience and minimal outlay of $$$.Not saying I agree with keeping Boyle and I can’t imagine he’ll stay on beyond this season,but he’s a depth option if the top props get injured and if the younger guys can’t see out the season or are overwhelmed.Other than Payne Haas,most middle forwards don’t hit their peek til 25-27.Plus the chances of Boyle or Condon requiring a pay rise in years to come are next to zero,which helps with the cap,Fifita on the other hand maybe looking at a significantly bigger salary than he’s currently on.Obviously the Dragons are willing to pay that money now

It's tough to keep them all so I have some sympathy for the position the club is in but we don't seem to make retaining and blooding most juniors a priority so you'd wonder what the point is in recruiting them in the first place. Particularly when a guy like Tuilagi is recruited in from of Fifita and blocking the path ( no knock on Tuilagi he's probably OK but just making a point ).

At some point we have to actually start retaining these next crop of players and not just relying on the big 3 salary cap eaters and whoever else. Koula/Weekes/Schuster/Fainu loom as case in point.
Can’t understand why not release Sipley and Boyle instead and yet they extend their contracts!

100% agreed, my reasoning for using these players as an example was due to manly at the time advising them their services weren’t wanted in opposed to players wanting to be out the club. Anyway focus is on the now, I’m personally hopeful that if we do loose these players it’s for something in return. Last couple of gems we got from them were Saab and Garrick.
Ide give Saab and Garrick back to retain the young forwards within a heartbeat.

Perhaps Payne hass wants to rejoin Seibold and a
GCKT was already in the 30
I'm sure you are right but for round 1 GCKT was the concussion replacement wasn't he? I remember reading somewhere last year that a development player can fulfill this role. so technically he may not have been upgraded into the 30 at that point and this release will now make the move permanent?????

Perhaps Payne hass wants to rejoin Seibold and a

I'm sure you are right but for round 1 GCKT was the concussion replacement wasn't he? I remember reading somewhere last year that a development player can fulfill this role. so technically he may not have been upgraded into the 30 at that point and this release will now make the move permanent?????
Yeah as I said elsewhere,there seems to be conflicting reports around his status,at least as far as I can tell,so who knows what the story is.It’s typical of the NRL’s administration and the availability of information

Fact is neither of these guys have played first grade. We have two second rowers I wouldn't swap for any in the game at the moment. Three middles that are probably in the top six (club wise) and Koula, Weekes, Myers are going to have people knocking very soon.
You can't keep them all and can only offload what people want to buy.

I guarantee a Roosters premiership doesn't feel as good to a Roosters fan as a Manly one does to manly fan, not that those pricks would know that. Stay strong people Manly has only played one game, but letting these guys go without any upshot would be silly, Fox Sports reporting that the club's not making any decisions until the retention committee meets next week so keep your powder dry. It's going to be a very long year if you keep popping off like this and the media knows we have a sniff this year and are counting on your reaction, it's kind of how they've been operating for oh, a thousand fricking years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7