RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are giving far too much credit to the recruitment and retention brains trust at Manly. There are numerous former Manly players now with other clubs who would get into our top 17.
Every club can say this. Thats life in the NRL.

Have Manly let go any young guns that we regret? I guess Gutho but that's a long time ago now.

Not convinced tuitivake will ever not be injured, but I fear Fifita is a mistake to let go. I would get it if we simply didn’t have room, but my opinion is e have the wrong priorities with squad makeup and blind faith in those who have yet to step up despite numerous opportunities

Keppie, sipley, Ben turbo and Boyle were all more expendable and would have freed up more money in the cap.

Keppie is dog**** Woodsie

Manly made the decision that

1. They couldn't pay them (salary cap)

or

2. They didn't want to pay them (couldn't justify the money or better spent upgrading other guys)

Either way I'm comfortable with what happened.

We got a heap of props in first grade and other guys coming through. I'd rather release them if they aren't happy than have them moping around in the Blacktown Workers team.
We have a heap of props, but are very avg. A couple of very good edge and middles but we still pale compared to many other NRL sides that have damaging forwards who get their side on the front foot with post contact metres and quick play the balls.

From the little game time he had in the trials, it was enough to show he has more raw explosive power and talent then Sipley, Boyle and Co. He completely ran over two players twice and make a few half breaks. Every time he touched the ball he looked a handful.

We have not had these types of players for a while. Im surprised we could not match St George's offer, must of been a fair bit higher. Was hoping to build the future around these types of players rather then continually extending the contracts of other mediocre forwards.

Will be interesting to see how Fifita performs in first grade.

It cannot be to help promote Gordon into top 30 though? I thought he was in the top 30 isn't he? Im sure he was on the bench round 1 as a reserve in case of injury and warmed up with the team before the Bulldogs game

chicken little illustration GIF

I am sure theres a plan, whether it's a good plan or not remains to be seen, outside my control and commentary so lets just see what unfolds

It cannot be to help promote Gordon into top 30 though? I thought he was in the top 30 isn't he? Im sure he was on the bench round 1 as a reserve in case of injury and warmed up with the team before the Bulldogs game
Still a Development player this year. Apparently we were given an exemption for round 1 as Lawton was yet to return from ACL (those more connected can confirm).
Hopefully the unpopular decision to release Fifita will lead to the popular decision to upgrade GCKT to top 30.

Maybe the mangers were throwing thier dicks around and they have other players who are more important to the club so used them as a bargaining tool. Not sure who manages Fifita but Tartak certainly has some of our major talent.
Having watched the first two parts of the Dollies doco, I can happily declare that most managers seem to be no better than the last punter asked to leave the club at closing. I'd hate to deal with any of them.

As stated elsewhere, simply must be that they signed elsewhere for 24 and we decided to cut them loose to promote Gordie.

Still a damm shame to be losing both

We have a heap of props, but are very avg. A couple of very good edge and middles but we still pale compared to many other NRL sides that have damaging forwards who get their side on the front foot with post contact metres and quick play the balls.

From the little game time he had in the trials, it was enough to show he has more raw explosive power and talent then Sipley, Boyle and Co. He completely ran over two players twice and make a few half breaks. Every time he touched the ball he looked a handful.

We have not had these types of players for a while. Im surprised we could not match St George's offer, must of been a fair bit higher. Was hoping to build the future around these types of players rather then continually extending the contracts of other mediocre forwards.

Will be interesting to see how Fifita performs in first grade.
Yeah if you compare their potential to known products that are average like Sipley and Boyle it is a bit of a headscratcher. I said at the time that it was weird extending Sipley recently.

But either way all the guys we are talking about here weren't in the top17 first game.

If you just release a player you have to pay their contracted wages.

If you release a player to another club then you do not.

It is not the same as Boyle or others who would not have other clubs interested in them (which says a lot).
Both players were seen as having some value so were worth releasing to free up some space for other lower paid players / squad movements.

Well we all blew up about releasing Albert Hopoate. How's that working out for the Raiders. He's butt average.

He was butt average when he was with us. I still can't believe a few years ago people were talking about moving Tom to the wing or centres, not to save Tom's career from injury but because they were under the misguided belief that Hopoate was the next superstar fullback.

Keppie is dog**** Woodsie

Mate ... that is exactly the reason why footy forums are so good ... differing opinions discussed by adults in a thought provoking and informative manner ....

And you are fully within your rights to be wrong ...

I was going to say you wouldn't know a good prop if he was up you .. until he bit you on the back of the neck ... but instead I will just say ...

ALL HAIL KEPPIE ....

Tuitavake has been released so GCKT can get a top 30 spot. He was way down on the middles pecking order anyway, and it's unlikely he was getting a run anytime soon.

Fifita is a bit more problematic. He was probably next in line for a middle spot on the bench.

On the surface I think it's a bad move, but obviously something else is happening in the background, that we can't quite see yet? Potentially an acquisition from outside the club?
We will have to wait and see.

It is unfortunate about the loss of Fifita (especially) & Tuitavake, but it does mean two top 30 spots are available. Hopefully, it will be possible to upgrade Chan Kum Tong and fast track him into the NRL. There is absolutely no basis to the non rumour that Manly have done a swap deal for Moses Suli.

Letting fifita go is a big mistake in my opinion. Better yet, fifita going to the dragons is a bigger mistake on his part. Like many of said already, the amount of players that have been extended recently, really could of been managed better in getting villiame to stay. It's a shame his last name isn't Trbojevic. Nevertheless, could be a chance the kid amounts to nothing now. Time will tell

Probably getting ready to make a serious play for Koula , Both Alex and Fifita were not on serious money and no doubt enticed by better opportunity and pay grade , not sure about Alex but could have blocked Fifita . Fifita obviously showing some good ability now but did seem a bit quieter in the lower grades . Both no doubt again on average money at present but even moderate amounts can be transferred to top up Koula "s salary into the future . Who to replace them in the forward stocks , maybe Sykes , Dias can probably go O K but Samual Fainu can definitely go all right . Unless also with the increased cap , the recruitment guys have some other well credentialed middle options in mind from else where in the near future

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8