• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
Zorba told me JWH was offered 180k at the game where we played Canberra, which was right at the time that his transfer was finalised.

Zorba is always lying when it comes to players.It is easier to say we could not match offer rather then say they blew the cap on under performing players 

I regret not taking this little blond number home a back when I was single, because I found her stories of her recent trip to turkey boring, I should have just downed a few more beers and forgotten about it, she was tidy

I regret reading that anecdote Dan.
Actually considering the disasters of every kind both on & off field that have this club teetering on the brink of something, it is interesting to see that Manly is favourite to win in 2010...

Well at least according to Sportsbet. We are equal with Parra at $5. Next best is Storm $8. I guess they don't realise how stuffed we are?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Actually considering the disasters of every kind both on & off field that have this club teetering on the brink of something, it is interesting to see that Manly is favourite to win in 2010...

Well at least according to Sportsbet. We are equal with Parra at $5. Next best is Storm $8. I guess they don't realise how stuffed we are?

That is an idiotic market. SportsTab has $7.50, Centrebet $8.00 and equal third line. Only the proverbial fool (and his money) would take Manly winning the comp at four to one.

Dan link said:
I regret not taking this little blond number home a back when I was single, because I found her stories of her recent trip to turkey boring, I should have just downed a few more beers and forgotten about it, she was tidy

What was his name

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181973.msg245217#msg245217 date=1257292795]

What was his name
[/quote]

Not that anything is wrong with that ..

Rambo1987 link said:

What was his name
[/quote]

Liz....I remember calling her legs all night though yeesh. Could have gone for the much sort after trifecta that week had I not had my pretentious head on

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=181973.msg245222#msg245222 date=1257308831]

What was his name
[/quote]

Liz....I remember calling her legs all night though yeesh. Could have gone for the much sort after trifecta that week had I not had my pretentious head on
[/quote]

What were the names of those two blokes ?

Actually, one named Emma, was quite blokish, though for some reason Ryan liked her.

reyam link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181973.msg245189#msg245189 date=1257204345]
Zorba told me JWH was offered 180k at the game where we played Canberra, which was right at the time that his transfer was finalised.

Zorba is always lying when it comes to players.It is easier to say we could not match offer rather then say they blew the cap on under performing players  
[/quote]

Lack of a CEO played no part in JWH leaving because it was finalised before Mayer resigned.

The problem with Manly's recruitment  / retention is that they have  persons who are   responsible for identifying outside talent and the future on existing  players.

None of these people are involved in negotiating contracts. Then the person who negoatiates the contracts has no monetary responsibility and has to consult back to the board or CEO for advice on limits when the player wants more than the amount offered.

At the Roosters, O'Sullivan identifies the talent, negotiates the contract and accountability for how much he offers.

[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7
At the Roosters, O'Sullivan identifies the talent, negotiates the contract and accountability for how much he offers.
[/quote]

With Brian Smith there that will change very very quickly

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7

With Brian Smith there that will change very very quickly
[/quote]

On a separate note, Sullivan/Smith have suggested Carney might go to Fullback. If that comes to pass it would seemingly put paid to those Pearce rumours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4