• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Being a Manly fan I don’t have many regrets of players we lose but with Jared Weara-Hargreaves may be one. The more I see jim play the more I think he is something special.

Over the years I have to go way back to losing Phil Blake to Souths or Jack Elsgood to Roosters both being Young players lost to rival NRL clubs. Not great players but still a couple of favorites. We have been lucky not losing good players to rival NRL clubs.

Foran could be one too. 

Elsegood wasn't much of a loss I don't reckon.  Became too interested in his own press.  Our lack of CEO is not helping our cause to retain young talent.  But we won't go into the reasons for that again.

Agreed but I remember him cutting up teams in the 7's comp one year but thats what i mean we dont have many players lost to rival teams. 

I am not sure about Hargreaves.   

No-one has improved their career at the roosters and our coaching staff had doubts about his ability to play NRL wekk in week out. 

He talks the talk and makes a few big hits but you need to do more than that to play NRL standard.  He doesn't seem all that mobile and his feet seem to be too big compared to the rest of his body. 

Maybe he will grow into them but he runs a bit awkwardly and gangly. 

I was with you Tookey, unimpressed, until I saw his 1st 2 test matches where he looked a different player

Whether he can do that over a season remains to be seen

I remember a lot being upset we lost Cannings to the Eels and he hasn't gone on to anything

tookey link said:

No-one has improved their career at the roosters and our coaching staff had doubts about his ability to play NRL wekk in week out. 

He talks the talk and makes a few big hits but you need to do more than that to play NRL standard.  He doesn't seem all that mobile and his feet seem to be too big compared to the rest of his body. 

That is a big call on a young bloke. He aimed up in the final and now in Test Footy.

He has signed at the Roosters for  $10k a year less than what Manly signed Gnulavo (sic) for.

Jared wanted to stay and he would have stayed if Manly would offered him even less than what he signed for at the Roosters.

The speculation was that the Chooks were at least 170k on JWH, I don't believe we would be paying Galuvao 180k+

Kiwi Eagle link said:
The speculation was that the Chooks were at least 170k on JWH, I don't believe we would be paying Galuvao 180k+

I am praying we are not even paying Galuvao half that amount!

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181973.msg245173#msg245173 date=1257148244]

I am praying we are not even paying Galuvao half that amount!
[/quote]

I'm praying that he's paying us

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181973.msg245157#msg245157 date=1257076794]

He talks the talk and makes a few big hits but you need to do more than that to play NRL standard.  He doesn't seem all that mobile and his feet seem to be too big compared to the rest of his body.  

That is a big call on a young bloke. He aimed up in the final and now in Test Footy.

He has signed at the Roosters for  $10k a year less than what Manly signed Gnulavo (sic) for.

Jared wanted to stay and he would have stayed if Manly would offered him even less than what he signed for at the Roosters.
[/quote]

Obviously our coaching staff don't rate him too highly.  Has their opinion changed  since the melbourne semi?

Hargreaves looks good on the slower grounds in the Uk but it will be a different story on the faster grounds here.  I think that he will struggle to keep up to NRL pace.   

I will reserve my judgement of him until the end of next season to see how he goes in a full year in first grade

Kiwi Eagle link said:

JWH is on $140k for next season  -  Galuvao is being paid  $150k

Galuvou should be on League minimum - $50k. Then again - so should D Williams, K Foran (for now), Matt Cross, T Williams, C Bailey and heck - I'll throw in M Orford.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181973.msg245173#msg245173 date=1257148244]

JWH is on $140k for next season  -  Galuvao is being paid  $150k
[/quote]
Some time ago Zorba said on radio that the Roosters had offered JWH about 180k, at that stage he had only played about 1 NRL game, and Manly could not match that offer at the time. I see you don't mention your source for Joe's pay, I would be most surprised if it was that much. Although on this year's form he would be worth it.

Zorba told me JWH was offered 180k at the game where we played Canberra, which was right at the time that his transfer was finalised.

JWH will be a pretty big loss, hopefully we can hold onto Lussick who was IMO one of the best backrowers in the 20's comp.

ManlyBacker link said:
Zorba told me JWH was offered 180k at the game where we played Canberra, which was right at the time that his transfer was finalised.

Well my understanding of the situation is that according to Jared he said  his manager told Manly how much the Roosters were offering him and Manly did not get back to him with any offer.

After 2 months of waiting for a Manly to make an offer the Roosters asked him to make a decision, to take it or leave it and so he reluctantly signed.

If Manly did make that offer it would have been gladly accepted by him. It's obvious that it came too late. I also understand Manly had doubts on Jared's ability to stand up to NRL week in week out without injury(whatever that means )

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181973.msg245189#msg245189 date=1257204345]

I also understand Manly had doubts on Jared's ability to stand up to NRL week in week out without injury(whatever that means )

I also heard that the coaching staff were concerend at his slow play the balls and his lateral defence. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2