• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'Elites'?? Come on Eagle, you do realise who is funding the No campaign don't you!
And, have you heard of the Uluru Statement from the Heart? That is where the Voice proposal comes from, not from Albo.
As regards to your comments SER8, whoever the Elites are that are funding the NO case, well, they're plainly disappointing and inadequate. All I see is wall to wall adds for the YES case. And the only thing I want to hear from the heart is an explanation from Governments past and present on where the many billions of $'s go to fund our First Nations People, and how it's all divided up and spent and with no responsibility. To end, Albo would of had a say into some aspects of the Uluru Statement, after all aren't Burney, Dodson and McCarthy and other Labor Pollies all involved with the original draft of the Statement together with all the other Aboriginal leaders.

Thank you @SeaEagleRock8 for your Yes recap
and now it is time to balance things up and give all our feathered friends real reasons to vote NO
and here we GO ....
10 imperative NO vote points
1.This Voice is Legally risky
2.There are no details
3.It Divides us
4.It wont help Indigenous Australians
5.No issue is beyond its scope
6.It Risks Delay and Dysfunction
7. It opens the door for activists
8. It will be costly and boreoarctic
9. The Voice will be permanent
10.There are better ways to move forward

From the words of Ray Martin the Yes man ....
Dont be a Dinosaur or a D**head and read the below reasons on these 10 important points why it is SO imperative to Vote NO
https://origin.go.theaustralian.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/No-Case-pamphlet.pdf

Ebony and Ivory proudly standing together in perfect harmony supporting the No vote
View attachment 25292
The real shame is that due to rubbish like this we will see it fail to get up

Every one of these points is easily explained and clarified but would not make a difference to people like bozo.

I am yet to read or hear a coherent argument against what is an advisory body

The real shame is that due to rubbish like this we will see it fail to get up

Every one of these points is easily explained and clarified but would not make a difference to people like bozo.

I am yet to read or hear a coherent argument against what is an advisory body
It is no shame . It is a comprehensive democratic view
Every one of these points are explained by both parties and the party with the most clarifying view got the vote

It is no shame . It is a comprehensive democratic view
Every one of these points are explained by both parties and the party with the most clarifying view got the vote
So as a no voter what is your plan to help solve the issues that First Nation people are suffering?

Also, even though it is pointless, that is not true.

So as a no voter what is your plan to help solve the issues that First Nation people are suffering?

Also, even though it is pointless, that is not true.
At the end of the day and for those that have listened
both sides have had their say
Both sides have given their views
There is no point in having an endless debate where we will go around in an endless circle

I watched some of the coverage of the referendum last night. There certainly was a lot of spin spoken on both sides of the political fence however there was an overwhelming sentiment again on both sides to better support indigenous Australians just differences in how it will be done. The argument put forward on what is the best way? Was decided last night. There is a lot of positive momentum that has been built up over the last few years that will continue regardless….

There is no point in having an endless debate where we will go around in an endless circle

Bozo doesn’t have a plan, neither does Warren Mundine as was clear from the article bozo posted right at the start of this thread. No doubt Warren will be rewarded with another Sky TV gig, or maybe even a spot on a mining company board.

meanwhile it’s understandable that No voters have been too shy to engage in much discussion of the issues, the No campaign was a disgrace and used misinformation to feed into people’s fear and apathy.

So, the defeat of Yes maintains the status quo. Dutton says this is good for our country. Yet this is the status quo in this great Land:

1697316491600.png

and this...

1697316689229.png

and this...

1697316743765.png

and this...

1697316848453.png

Pat Dodson said last week,“We already know that the Aboriginal youth of this country have high suicide rates. Why? They’re not bad people. They’re good people. Why don’t they see any future?”

@BOZO are you sure there's no point in continuing to discuss any of this?

I watched some of the coverage of the referendum last night. There certainly was a lot of spin spoken on both sides of the political fence however there was an overwhelming sentiment again on both sides to better support indigenous Australians just differences in how it will be done. The argument put forward on what is the best way? Was decided last night. There is a lot of positive momentum that has been built up over the last few years that will continue regardless….
Agree, we pour billions down a wide funnel for our First Nations peoples to better their lives to only see a trickle come out the other end on where it really needs to go. Rectify this and maybe we might start seeing some results.

At the end of the day and for those that have listened
both sides have had their say
Both sides have given their views
I guess that is easy to say as it does not impact you

Bozo doesn’t have a plan, neither does Warren Mundine as was clear from the article bozo posted right at the start of this thread. No doubt Warren will be rewarded with another Sky TV gig, or maybe even a spot on a mining company board.

meanwhile it’s understandable that No voters have been too shy to engage in much discussion of the issues, the No campaign was a disgrace and used misinformation to feed into people’s fear and apathy.

So, the defeat of Yes maintains the status quo. Dutton says this is good for our country. Yet this is the status quo in this great Land:

View attachment 25306
and this...

View attachment 25307

and this...

View attachment 25308

and this...

View attachment 25309

Pat Dodson said last week,“We already know that the Aboriginal youth of this country have high suicide rates. Why? They’re not bad people. They’re good people. Why don’t they see any future?”

i am not sure there is any significant evidence that the voice would change this significantly. NZ have a voice and the outcomes from what I can understand are not that much better. I am admittedly no expert in this field… but there is definitely still a profound gap.
Regardless, I did not witness anyone on either side of the campaign who did not genuinely appear to care about indigenous Australians.
It will always be arguable that the voice would have or could have been more effective! no one will know that for sure… time for us to all move on…

View attachment 25306
and this...

View attachment 25307

and this...

View attachment 25308

and this...

View attachment 25309

Four different sets of facts - possibly interlinked - and not one study identifying the causal factors is displayed (?) - of which there are - I'm sure - many.

Important to get 'correlation' and 'causation' sorted out clearly in this area.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8