Redevopment Of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I caught a glimpse of the Rugby 7's on the weekend from Skilled Stadium and it got me thinking of what changes we could expect once Brookie is redeveloped.

It seems like a good stadium to watch football with the configuration and the stands seem fairly steep although I've never actually been there.

So with redevelopment at Brookvale seemingly a foregone conclusion (presumptuous I know) what form would people like to see and what should the capacity need to be to host finals ?

Should it look like AAMI park (all seats) or Parramatta Stadium (hill at both ends) ? Should it hold 25K, or would we need more to host finals ?
Maybe the NRL are set on ANZ or Allianz so it won't matter what Brookvale's capacity ends up being.

The titans put all the opposing team supporters on the eastern side of the ground and on hot days someone will die of heat stroke eventually.

Fully enclosed stands with not a breath of fresh air. Similar to what I imagine hell will be like when I die.

They will never build brookie like skilled stadium as manly is too smart

Alabanese stated a week ago that the $10m promised by Gillard was available regardless of the libs winning the election. Therefore Abbott's $10m must be in additional to Labor's $10m making $20m now for brookie.

Can anyone confirm this or has abbott just confirmed Gillard's money?

The Wheel said:
Abbott's Brookie promise will be about as reliable as his turn back the boats promise.

As I sit here at Narrabeen I have seen over 12 boats go past today, so much for the stop the boats promise

The Wheel said:
Abbott's Brookie promise will be about as reliable as his turn back the boats promise.

Where's Albanese's $10-Million coming from?
The HSU? No, that's right. Their funds were siphoned off by Thompson and Williamson.

What we really need is a tax... sorry, I mean a price, on stadiums that aren't up to NRL standards. That would solve all the problems.

The Wheel said:

It's $30 million. It's a drop in that ocean that the boats will be turned back on.

The Wheel said:

He has probably raided the brookie redevelopment fund and used the money to buy back boats from Indonesian fisherman so they can buy bigger and better boats to travel to australia.

Brookvale Oval will never be a full Stadium looking ground (even if we had the money given for that development). It needs to be part of the grander Brookvale Park precedent layout, so an all seater 26,000 to 28,000 step Stadium may never get the approval.

It still can be a nice & updated in a boutique ground. Manly wants reserve seating for 8,000 to 12,000 people - with the majority under cover (they will be happy with that).

On a related note, the NRL have increased the Funding to Clubs by 450k to 7,550,000 pa

Wonder how much the GF tickets will be next year :cool:

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Brookvale Oval will never be a full Stadium looking ground (even if we had the money given for that development). It needs to be part of the grander Brookvale Park precedent layout, so an all seater 26,000 to 28,000 step Stadium may never get the approval.

Dont understand the logic of this. Have any of you been to Parra Stad recently, its superb. Makes ol Brooky look like a relic.

I'd love to see a mini version of Newcastle's stadium.

tookey said:
The titans put all the opposing team supporters on the eastern side of the ground and on hot days someone will die of heat stroke eventually.
Wouldn't you if you had a stadium like there's?

**** I'd paint the seats black (absorbs heat) to make the seats hot as hell just to make opposition supporters that much more uncomfortable.

:devil:
:D

I think I'd like to see something along the lines of Newcastle or Parramatta. Stands on either side and hill at both ends. Hopefully the stands would provide shelter as well.

Capacity wise, it needs to hold 25,000 at a minimum. AAMI park holds 30K and has the capacity to be expanded to 50K because of the way the foundations were put in. Hopefully similar planning is made at Brookvale.

This is our home. Manly must play out of Brookvale. If it were deemed "finals worthy" as well, that would be ideal. Sydney teams that don't use ANZ or Allianz are at a disadvantage at finals time. I'm sure there will be blow ups next year if we finish above a Sydney team and wind up playing them in a semi at their home ground.

Somehow I think if we want a ground that has 25,000+ capacity, we may have to move to another location on the Northern Beaches to include parking and other facilities, Brookie Oval unfortunately isn't in the best place.

ManlyArmy said:
Somehow I think if we want a ground that has 25,000+ capacity, we may have to move to another location on the Northern Beaches to include parking and other facilities, Brookie Oval unfortunately isn't in the best place.

You are probably correct and we've canvassed 'wish list' options such as Rat Park, which certainly is large enough to be developed. My preference is the St Ives Showground site, which is massive, has no neighbours to complain, and is easily accessible from the north shore (although it only has one road in and out).
But, relocation seems a pipe dream.

Another possible location could be Nolan Reserve off Pittwater Road, on the Eastern side of Warringah Golf Course. Looks quite big, plenty of room for a Parking Lot, and too possible road entries.

Abbott has only re-promised labor's $10 million.

This has been done before heaps of times but Brookie needs to keep the hill

eagles2win said:
I'd love to see a mini version of Newcastle's stadium.

tookey said:
Wouldn't you if you had a stadium like there's?

s**t I'd paint the seats black (absorbs heat) to make the seats hot as hell just to make opposition supporters that much more uncomfortable.

:devil:
:D

And make sure those black seats don't have those little ventilation/drainage holes so the opposition fans are soon sweating it out and boiling in a pool of their own testicle soup.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6