Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate it is clear our cap management has not been the best and we can not sign players of that calibre. Getting this angry and fired up will get you no where.

I am excited to see some new players and hopefully many of the kids being given a chance as that is where we will get the best results

The salary cap is only as affective as the people that manage it

It is also clear our cap management has not been the best because we do have the best people that manage it

The moral of the story
It is not what you have but it is how you use it

Records
Defensive lines
Game plans
and Salary caps are meant to be broken > Broken as not in cheated but challenged
No one becomes a champion without challenging

The moral of the story is in this quote by the Great Aurther and Artist Mary ann Radmarcher
THE CHALLENGE BEFORE US
IS TO SAVOR THE UNKNOWN
AND DELIGHT IN THE TASTE OF POSSIBILTY

Records
Defensive lines
Game plans
and Salary caps are meant to be broken > Broken as not in cheated but challenged
No one becomes a champion without challenging

The moral of the story is in this quote by the Great Aurther and Artist Mary ann Radmarcher
THE CHALLENGE BEFORE US
IS TO SAVOR THE UNKNOWN
AND DELIGHT IN THE TASTE OF POSSIBILTY

Bozo. Have you applied to be on the fitness staff of the mighty Manly Sea Eagles?
You seem to be a fitness fanatic and a good guy - perfect for the young guys at Manly.

I don't mind some lessor knowns in the squad.

As long as there is a big fish or two yet. And there should be with the experience and cap space we've lost.

And The 100% Guarantee recipe for disappointment is fake excitement and optimism
There is nothing fake about our clubs prospective possibilities in 2023

Tom Turbo alone will win half our games on his own :)

Optimism is not fake feathered friend
The recipe for Optimism is hope and confidence
and without Hope and Confidence we have 0 % for success

The Turbo song ....
Sing with me @Koko22

Come fly with me
Let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar Brookvale way
Come fly with me
Let's fly, let's fly away

See the source image

I dare say our new coach (although he's not yet officially been announced by the club) is having a say in these signings too.
You would hope so. I'm not so sure he has the pulling power to attract a top shelf player though. If there are any left, that is.

Bozo. Have you applied to be on the fitness staff of the mighty Manly Sea Eagles?
You seem to be a fitness fanatic and a good guy - perfect for the young guys at Manly.
Thank you for your kind words as it takes a good guy to express good will

What is perfect for all at Manly is stability within our club

A strong cub culture is build on solid and stable ground

And stability starts at the top

See the source image

As I said earlier , everyone is forgetting the 17th side is also looking for 30 players , and they started off with10 million spare.

We will be very lucky to jag anyone of note in 2023, and probably even 2024.

We are just going to have to build and hope the structure appeals in the future.

According to Zero Tackle we have 23 confirmed signings. We know this isn't completely accurate as its missing Ray Veaga, Dean Matterson and Austin Dias. Its also missing our development players. We haven't been informed "formally" by the club that any of the four players below have been upgraded into the 30. We also haven't been informed by the club that there are any junior players stepping up into the development squad. I understand that Fletcher Myers is expected to be one of them though. I am also not sure about Nathaniel Roache, Villiame Fifita and Kurt de Luis, but would imagine they would all be trial and train at this stage. For the purposes of this summary I will assume two come up, and two stay down, from the four below. If this is the case, we may still have two roster spots open in the 30 for 2023......... or not :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
We are all concerned at the moment. I think next season may suprise people (we may not win the comp but with Tom fit you never know) but i think we need to start blooding a lot of the promising youth we have coming through. We have very little cap space left (DCE, Tom and Jake taking most of it)

What we do have is good youth players who we expect to step up. That promising SG Ball side from a few years ago are almost at the age to step up.

I expect these guys to debut at some stage.

Weekes - fullback/centre cover. Possible 14 role.
Humphreys - halves cover. Will play when DCE is out. Possible 5/8 and hooker cover.
Vaega - expect him to start on the wing or at very least a back up
Tuitaake - he impressed me in the youth and had a good trial game this season. Didnt come through injuries. Expect him to step up into our squad.
Chan Kum Tong - Should be our starting hooker in my opinion. He looks the goods in the youth comps. Deserves a shot and can save us alot of money at hooker.
Viliami Fifita - will be in the 17 by seasons end. Tough prop/2nd row player. Hes 21. Should have debut already. Standard Des not trying the youth at the end.
Fulton - Good second row cover.. lock as well.
James Uesele - another good forward player. Can step up.

May be a season too early for the Fainu brothers but both will be 18 i believe at some point. Both will be potential first grade standard from what ive seen.

Not all will succeed but i think a few will step up and earn their positions the way Haumole and Koula have.

I want to see these guys get a run before we sign any more fringe garbage Des was hoping to get.

We are all concerned at the moment. I think next season may suprise people (we may not win the comp but with Tom fit you never know) but i think we need to start blooding a lot of the promising youth we have coming through. We have very little cap space left (DCE, Tom and Jake taking most of it)

What we do have is good youth players who we expect to step up. That promising SG Ball side from a few years ago are almost at the age to step up.

I expect these guys to debut at some stage.

Weekes - fullback/centre cover. Possible 14 role.
Humphreys - halves cover. Will play when DCE is out. Possible 5/8 and hooker cover.
Vaega - expect him to start on the wing or at very least a back up
Tuitaake - he impressed me in the youth and had a good trial game this season. Didnt come through injuries. Expect him to step up into our squad.
Chan Kum Tong - Should be our starting hooker in my opinion. He looks the goods in the youth comps. Deserves a shot and can save us alot of money at hooker.
Viliami Fifita - will be in the 17 by seasons end. Tough prop/2nd row player. Hes 21. Should have debut already. Standard Des not trying the youth at the end.
Fulton - Good second row cover.. lock as well.
James Uesele - another good forward player. Can step up.

May be a season too early for the Fainu brothers but both will be 18 i believe at some point. Both will be potential first grade standard from what ive seen.

Not all will succeed but i think a few will step up and earn their positions the way Haumole and Koula have.

I want to see these guys get a run before we sign any more fringe garbage Des was hoping to get.
Yep , couldn’t agree more , time to build from within as we can’t afford , nor get , any quality top liners.

UNDER FIRE STAFFER SURVIVES MANLY PURGE

Manly aren’t expected to appoint a head of football – but one person who is expected to survive the carnage at the club is John Bonasera. Bonasera was dragged into the headlines in recent weeks after it emerged he was the staff member informed of the club’s inclusivity jersey intentions.

He is expected to remain as the club’s football manager.

Scott Fulton will remain in charge of the club’s recruitment while chief executive Tony Mestrov will also play an active role in retention and recruitment.

Meanwhile, incoming coach Anthony Seibold is piecing together his coaching team with Jim Dymock identified as a potential option along with premiership winning coach Shane Flanagan.

UNDER FIRE STAFFER SURVIVES MANLY PURGE

Manly aren’t expected to appoint a head of football – but one person who is expected to survive the carnage at the club is John Bonasera. Bonasera was dragged into the headlines in recent weeks after it emerged he was the staff member informed of the club’s inclusivity jersey intentions.

He is expected to remain as the club’s football manager.

Scott Fulton will remain in charge of the club’s recruitment while chief executive Tony Mestrov will also play an active role in retention and recruitment.

Meanwhile, incoming coach Anthony Seibold is piecing together his coaching team with Jim Dymock identified as a potential option along with premiership winning coach Shane Flanagan.

Scott Fulton needs help. Bring in Daley. I've received a copy of his job description when a prospective player is considering us:
1666247750225.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4