Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if you're trolling mate, but come on. Please reply with something serious too. None of these memes, pictures, poetry or inspirational phrases.

Give him a go @Ryan He's depth. Same as Condon. They would have both cost us bugger all, and I am hoping that with those two signings and upgrades we have enough left over for a half-decent hooker, and a half-decent mobile backrower. Yes, I know I am being optimistic, but two NRL standard players in those two positions would make a big difference to us.

I'm married mate - haven't needed one of them in years :rofl: It's el'naturale for this fella
austin powers GIF by Stan.

Ha ha

@Ryan I don't get why Fulton keeps getting lobbed in with the others you are laying into?

Flegg player of the year, rising star award, highly rated through juniors, held his own in debut and didn't take a backward step against JWH.

Lord knows if he kicks on but as a junior he has ticked every box so far. Why the disdain? Is it his surname?

I love the Fultons - we need exactly what Bob stands for. No nonsense. Succeed, or get the hell out. His players wouldn't have stood down for a game, I'll tell you that REGARDLESS of the circumstance.

Yeah, Fulton won Flegg player of the year. So did Lachlan Croker, but in first grade. "Trying hard" award. We need a mindset of improving the roster quality. Des did that the first time round, but since he joined the Dogs and returned to us, the rosters both deteriorated & regressed (inconsistent at best).

Like I said, think of the players we developed in Glenn Stewart, Steve Menzies and Anthony Watmough. Those players, and their mindset, skill, ability and energy / effort is required.

I love the Fultons - we need exactly what Bob stands for. No nonsense. Succeed, or get the hell out. His players wouldn't have stood down for a game, I'll tell you that REGARDLESS of the circumstance.

Yeah, Fulton won Flegg player of the year. So did Lachlan Croker, but in first grade. "Trying hard" award. We need a mindset of improving the roster quality. Des did that the first time round, but since he joined the Dogs and returned to us, the rosters both deteriorated & regressed (inconsistent at best).

Like I said, think of the players we developed in Glenn Stewart, Steve Menzies and Anthony Watmough. Those players, and their mindset, skill, ability and energy / effort is required.

Funny you mention G Stewart, you know in his first 4 seasons at Manly he only played 19 games (2, 5, 5, 7), half of them off the bench. Manly where lamenting that he was only there as he was Bretts brother.

It was only in his 5th year that he became a regular. 23 before he started making an impact.

We all know how that turned out.

Maybe an example in not writing off a player too soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221019_170248.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019_170248.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 27
Funny you mention G Stewart, you know in his first 4 seasons at Manly he only played 19 games (2, 5, 5, 7), half of them off the bench. Manly where lamenting that he was only there as he was Bretts brother.

It was only in his 5th year that he became a regular. 23 before he started making an impact.

We all know how that turned out.

Maybe an example in not writing off a player too soon.
I don't spose you have the stats on Watmough as well?? Just curious.

Sorry Ryan, are you saying that Fulton doesn't have the mindset, skill, ability and energy/effort required? Just trying to understand if you think he'll never have it or just not now?

Sorry Ryan, are you saying that Fulton doesn't have the mindset, skill, ability and energy/effort required? Just trying to understand if you think he'll never have it or just not now?

He's played first grade, and is moving through the grades, so he'll go further than I ever would. That said, the question for me, is can he challenge Liam Martin, Victor Radley & others (or even come close)?

To me, Choc, Gift, Beaver always could have. Fulton? Nope. Sorry, I wishI did feel differently, but that's just my opinion, which means nothing in the end.

That said, I'm just giving up on the roster, and won't fire up anymore. If we end up playing Condon, Dias, Fulton, Roumanos, Kurt De Luis, Boyle, Croker, Matterson and all the rest, so be it. Maybe we should scoure the rest of the bottom feeding NSW Cup teams players, too. If we recruit 50 scrubs, maybe 2-3 might be okay, like everyone seems to be saying - so go us - yaaaay - participation awards for all.

Who’s even doing the recruitment. We don’t even have a football department do we ? They’ve all resigned or been sacked.

He's played first grade, and is moving through the grades, so he'll go further than I ever would. That said, the question for me, is can he challenge Liam Martin, Victor Radley & others (or even come close)?

To me, Choc, Gift, Beaver always could have. Fulton? Nope. Sorry, I wishI did feel differently, but that's just my opinion, which means nothing in the end.

That said, I'm just giving up on the roster, and won't fire up anymore. If we end up playing Condon, Dias, Fulton, Roumanos, Kurt De Luis, Boyle, Croker, Matterson and all the rest, so be it. Maybe we should scoure the rest of the bottom feeding NSW Cup teams players, too. If we recruit 50 scrubs, maybe 2-3 might be okay, like everyone seems to be saying - so go us - yaaaay - participation awards for all.
Nothing wrong with being fired up, I say. But I'm willing to give him some time to become someone like Liam Martin. Radley is a different beast again.

So Scott and Kristie are just randomly signing these second string players in the hope they will be in top 30.
A positive Perspective

Players are looking for opportunities when they are over looked by their clubs and shrewd recruiters are looking at those players

There is potential in all those new signings and whilst there is potential there is hope for them to break into the top 30 .

Before we can judge how good our recruitment is

We need to see how good our 2023 season is

Than all hell can let lose on here

In the mean time lets be patient and lets be positive that all will work out for the sake of our club

And there is a very good chance all will go well

Mate it is clear our cap management has not been the best and we can not sign players of that calibre. Getting this angry and fired up will get you no where.

I am excited to see some new players and hopefully many of the kids being given a chance as that is where we will get the best results

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6