Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The title of this thread cracks me up. I the last 10 years whencwas the good .... Seriously? When? Who?

The title should be changed. Take out the good. Or at least change to the "tolerable., bad and ugly"

The only good one was resigning of Foran. Outside of that really would love to know one decent signing?
Guys like Lawton, Davey and Aloia have shown they were worth signing, main problem being long stints out injured. Saab is a good signing. And as you say, Foz.
None of those were marquee, in fact aside from Aloiai they wouldn't have cost a lot.

Logic says we are due to sign a couple of quality first graders, and we probably will ...unless the club deteriorates into an unstable laughing stock. At the moment it could go either way.

season 8 GIF

I look at Nico Hynes and shake my head - how did we him go?
A bit of a late bloomer , saw Nicko in the lower grades in the same back line with Turbo , Cust, Ramien , showed that he had ability . Not really in demand for whatever reason , then a stint in the Qld cup where he seemed to do O K but nothing that eye catching . Then in the Storm system for a couple of seasons and his game just seemed to go to another level . Really have to try to hang onto Weekes , probably a bit quicker then Nicko and not dissimilar in other playing traits

The club has made so seriously poor decisions with retention and recruitment. Letting go real talent from the juniors and bringing players from outside the system who provided little who were not even a quick fix. We become the bargain basement shoppers in recent years. The club needs a reboot with a plan that everybody collectively works towards. Egos and personal agendas destroy the crop like bugs. I hope they start making smarter decisions real soon.

Wouldn 't be too optimistic about any high profile signings at things now seem . Especially with Garrick likely to stay now or just on indications . Maybe also to just take into account up and comers like young props Sykes and Tuitavake to go to the next level fairly promptly . Far from being established right now but seem to have a fair bit to offer and again could surprise .

Most players don’t magically become first graders from one season the the next they need to be developed and blooded on the field. They won’t get better not playing reserve grade and not playing first grade or playing in the last 10 minutes once or twice a year. We need to jettison Blacktown now and have all of our players outside of the selected 17 playing football each week.

The club has made so seriously poor decisions with retention and recruitment. Letting go real talent from the juniors and bringing players from outside the system who provided little who were not even a quick fix. We become the bargain basement shoppers in recent years. The club needs a reboot with a plan that everybody collectively works towards. Egos and personal agendas destroy the crop like bugs. I hope they start making smarter decisions real soon.
Side was eventually going quite well last season but caveat was having a close to full strength available for most of the season . Look at those 2 wins against the Eels last season , as dominant as any performances from a top 8 side . Panthers of course just pipping the Eels late last season in the finals Koula for Suli this season definitely worked out . , Guys like Keppie and the Shu , Marty , Harper at times this season , just so much down form wise . Alioia and Paseka unavailable for large chunks of the season , the Turbo tragedy continuing again this season in contrast to last season . Due for a change of luck injury wise and let 's see what happens then

We were able to pilfer guys like Brent Kite, Ben Kennedy and Josh Perry in the past. The club HAS to make a signing like this. Someone like Joseph Tapine
Mate, can you remind me who is responsible for recruitment? Is it Cleal? Des? Fulton? Mestrov? or a combination of all. I'm a long term member and I just don't anymore.

Just don 't that the cap allocation can be compared from now to those heady days of 2007 - 2014 or so . Cap was a bit less but from recollection , Killer , Snake and the Ox would have been on most coin Certainly not taking up 1 / 3 of the cap however . Guys like Kite , Perry , Choc , Giffty , Matia , Bell and Ballin , taking reasonable market value or slightly unders . Cut price value at least initially with the likes of D C E and Foz . Bargain players at times with the likes of Robo . Wolfman , Hall Rodney , Bryant and so on . Very hard to get the or a premiership mix right , some do it better then others . Manly can only try again .

A bit of a late bloomer , saw Nicko in the lower grades in the same back line with Turbo , Cust, Ramien , showed that he had ability . Not really in demand for whatever reason , then a stint in the Qld cup where he seemed to do O K but nothing that eye catching . Then in the Storm system for a couple of seasons and his game just seemed to go to another level . Really have to try to hang onto Weekes , probably a bit quicker then Nicko and not dissimilar in other playing traits
I don’t watch the lower grades but I remember Hynes was highly regarded by those on here that do.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8