Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I posted elsewhere, the end of the 2021 season would have been a great time for them to sell up. A season of on-field superlatives and one game away from a grand final appearance, plus a very impressive new stand and CoE at Brookvale.

I suspect Scott will only be interested in selling if significant further upgrades are made to Brookvale, boosting the sale price. We could be waiting a long time.

And only if he gets his name on the entrance/stand.

Take membership. Our membership offering has not fundamentally changed really since it was first launched which says to me they are happy with the 13k or so members we have and are not keen to invest further to drive adoption
I'll be very surprised if there's not a significant drop in membership next year after the garbage they've served up this year.
Perhaps it depends on Mr Mestrov's ability to convince Mr Penn of the importance of members and need for incentives.

I'll be very surprised if there's not a significant drop in membership next year after the garbage they've served up this year.
Perhaps it depends on Mr Mestrov's ability to convince Mr Penn of the importance of members and need for incentives.
I am begging them for something apart from seating and an occasional email to make membership more appealing to a mass market

The fact is Membership and Merchandise sales go hand in hand with premiership winning success

There is no such thing as Lucrative Losers

Winning is the only way to Go !!!
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

2018​

Lane had a good year for the Sea Eagles, finishing the year as their top try scorer. In the middle of the season, he signed with the Parramatta Eels.

So ... Lane's best ever year was when he was coached by Barrett .... hahahahahahhhaaaaa ... somedays I just love this shiite ...

The fact is Membership and Merchandise sales go hand in hand with premiership winning success

There is no such thing as Lucrative Losers

Winning is the only way to Go !!!
View attachment 22110
Not true. Ask the Swans. Their treatment of members and game day experience is brilliant, no matter where they sit on the ladder.

It is a fact feathered friend . Winning does sell

And losing sucks the soul out of any club
BOZO's right. We can all ring our hands about memberships being more appealing and what the club could do to increase the numbers, but at the end of the day if the team is winning and playing attractive footy then members and crowds will come. If they're not, they won't. I doubt we'll get good membership numbers next year and I doubt we'll have 2 or 3 sellouts at Brooky. Hope I'm wrong though. I'll be there regardless.

BOZO's right. We can all ring our hands about memberships being more appealing and what the club could do to increase the numbers, but at the end of the day if the team is winning and playing attractive footy then members and crowds will come. If they're not, they won't. I doubt we'll get good membership numbers next year and I doubt we'll have 2 or 3 sellouts at Brooky. Hope I'm wrong though. I'll be there regardless.
What a load

Tigers have not a semi let alone won in years

Bulldogs have been an abject joke for years

There is SO much more to membership than winning

It's absolutely disgusting that we take OUR home game away from season ticket holders to always be THE team to playing the Broncos at Suncorp! Why can't we play The Tigers or someone there for a ****ing change?

Then they take a game (or two) away to a country location (Mudgee las season) Perth etc.

Then Penn wants to take yet another home game away to the USA next season.

Can we expect a discount on the season tickets ? On the contrary, I bet the prices are going up. Jane Try Stand, in the 1970's seats where everyone walks in front of you, to watch a sub par product, and now less games. Honestly, WTF?
Totally agree. It seems the NRL have set this up so that the donkeys benefit.
I wonder if the club could ask for a reshuffle. It obviously should happen in a round where it's a Broncos home game.
Just another reason to have the Broncos play at Suncorp when it's not even their home game.
Corrupt comp.
Why not have this in Sydney on alternate years or just scrap the ridiculous idea.

It must be getting close to the time for digital memberships that include streaming of games.

Love for the time to
Come when we had our own call team so we don't have to listen to gronks like Voss and warren smith
There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many options

Also with production cost so little these days it does not require much

As an example I saw on social media that Rubes had a shoulder operation (on his Instagram not ours) - that would have been handy to know

We really need a general Manly recruitment discussion thread so I'm just going to start using this .

See Dominic Young mentioned in the rumoured thread.

Great young player but not with Garrick going the other way. No way!

Only way Id take that deal is if come Nov 1 Garrick signed a big money deal with the Knights for 2024 then I'd consider a swap a year early if the Young deal was attractive in salary cap terms

Last edited:
If I had my way I'd be looking to sign Morgan Knowles.

Jake to prop if we could pull it off.....though think he resigned for 4 years last off season despite a bunch of interest froom the NRL.

Pipe dream, but he'd be a great fit.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8