Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des was the same at the dogs

He passed on signing Latrell Mitchell (how well did that pan out) and let Damien Cook and Mick Ennis go and kept Michael Liccha instead

Des has no fire in him now He hasn't rippled the door off a change room for years and his press conferences are bordering on Barrett's um er ah dribble

He has had too many head knocks and needs to go to Narrabeen retirement village
To be fair the only one on Rothfield's list that Des had anything to do with leaving is Api... and if stabby didn't get stabby it was probably the right decision.

Des was the same at the dogs

He passed on signing Latrell Mitchell (how well did that pan out) and let Damien Cook and Mick Ennis go and kept Michael Liccha instead

Des has no fire in him now He hasn't rippled the door off a change room for years and his press conferences are bordering on Barrett's um er ah dribble

He has had too many head knocks and needs to go to Narrabeen retirement village
A lot of those players were let go during Barrett’s/B.Fulton’s tenure and to be honest,the only ones the club should regret are Hynes and Api and circumstances have gone against the club in those instances

It was a half arsed comment with no mention of AFB, Brian Kelly, Moses Suli, Hopoate, Elliott, Cust or the dozen others that have been let go or chose to go.

Id suggest all have gone with our blessing including Gutho and Api.

I thought it was a real cheap shot.

LOL Lane was not good at all and this happened during Barrett’s watch, like ramien, Hynes and Gutherson.
Getting back to Lane just watch him flop when the pressure is on during the finals.

Wasn't he our second highest try scorer one year?

I remember something like this as well.

It will be interesting to see how Baz goes coaching Gutho and Lane next year at the eels. He was definitely involved with moving both on from Manly to the eels.
Was just about to say the same.
They might need a few drinks and shirtless push ups on the bar to bond and mend garden chairs.
I hope Lane can hold a grudge

Wasn't he our second highest try scorer one year?
Mate he was soft as. Not many were that upset on the forum when he left.

Edit: some liked him but not that many. Had one of our worst seasons in 2018 the last year he played with us we came 15th.

Last edited:
Obviously being from the area, I can tell you the area well and truly is the Rugby League heartland. Every club in the Penrith system has a minimum of 4 teams per age group, sometimes more. You only have to go to the local supermarket and you will see kids, parents etc wearing local team apparel anywhere u go practically. Any Given day of the week. There is plenty of talent out here to choose from, the only issue is the panthers will always get first crack at them. I also know they sign players with an ounce of talent in the local comps, just so they don't go elsewhere, whether or not they are truly serious about them. It is panthers territory, and every kid loves the panthers here. Hard to compete with, when they can throw cash at any kid they want. The penrith/blacktown city juniors is the biggest and best nursery by far. Unfortunately, blacktown workers will mostly get the kids unwanted, or already spat out
You’re very right I’m from the area also.

Blacktown workers are only secondary to st marys. St marys take all the very talented juniors from the area and feed them to Panthers. Workers usually second fiddle. If manly made a deal with saints, rather than workers we could be seeing a bunch of talented youngsters coming through right now. Will we persist with the workers? Perhaps? Maybe it’s short term pain for long term gain.

You’re very right I’m from the area also.

Blacktown workers are only secondary to st marys. St marys take all the very talented juniors from the area and feed them to Panthers. Workers usually second fiddle. If manly made a deal with saints, rather than workers we could be seeing a bunch of talented youngsters coming through right now. Will we persist with the workers? Perhaps? Maybe it’s short term pain for long term gain.
I would even say workers are even behind minchinbury jets and st clair these days. Obviously they don't have a leagues club behind them. But in terms of talent and success in the penrith comp. They are miles ahead. Id even argue they could be more deserving of a massey team. But yes you are right. They usually end up at saints or play there briefly at some stage. I mean you only have to go back over the last 20 years to see how many worker juniors became NRL players.. I can't think of one. Jets, the comets have a few

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how Baz goes coaching Gutho and Lane next year at the eels. He was definitely involved with moving both on from Manly to the eels.
Wow. Hadn't thought of that.
Spicy!

We've got this centre of excellence it's time we invested some money in to a junior academy get kids from the bush send them the Narrabeen Sports high and develop them on the beaches.

We've got this centre of excellence it's time we invested some money in to a junior academy get kids from the bush send them the Narrabeen Sports high and develop them on the beaches.
I was just thinking this earlier.. a youth academy like the EPL teams have could potentially set us apart from the rest of the league. Only problem is I doubt we have the money for anything like that

I read somewhere (here?) that the club won't even pay for kids from the bush come down to live with a family etc. No idea if there's any truth to it. Sad if there is

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6