Recruitment and Retention news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Out
Vave FR, Burgess FR, Mateo SR, Symonds SR, Lyon 58

Possible outs, Lawrence, Stewart, Matai.

Likely Ins.

Knight FR/SR, Meehan FR/SR, Jamil Hopoate SR, Blake Green 58.

Let the young forwards come in with energy and develop.

We have enough experience up front.

It's a full back/ centre type which our accumulating spare cash needs to attract.

And to think we let both Hiku and Gutherson go.

NSW Cup side suffered another defeat at the hands of North Sydney (32-18) with Manly's former Michael Oldfield giving us a what for. We also lost both halves, Johns and Godinet, through injury which derailed what looked to be an improved effort.

And just for those who wanted to see the last of Jamil Hopoate, he was the one bright spot apparently in the Sea Eagles effort, scoring all three tries and being a threat throughout apparently.

I was against the green signing but have been watching him play over the past few weeks and think would be the ideal partner for dce. Not overly complicated, good short kicking and passing game and tough defender. Would love Manly to build their game around defense like parra were doing at the start of the year.

Green at 5/8, another player like Josh Jackson in the second row and A good defender like Marty in the front row looks like a good balance plus players like dce and api and jake are noted defenders.

Last few years think we have not been good enough defensively to be a top 4 side.

Other players i would go after would be mead for a wing spot and to cover full back. Looked good last night at the back. Very safe and still quick. And still really like that giant solomona from Melbourne.

Also hoping knight, meehan, williame, hopa jr, AFB continue to develop and turn out to be top players for the future

I was against the green signing but have been watching him play over the past few weeks and think would be the ideal partner for dce. Not overly complicated, good short kicking and passing game and tough defender. Would love Manly to build their game around defense like parra were doing at the start of the year.

Green at 5/8, another player like Josh Jackson in the second row and A good defender like Marty in the front row looks like a good balance plus players like dce and api and jake are noted defenders.

Last few years think we have not been good enough defensively to be a top 4 side.

Other players i would go after would be mead for a wing spot and to cover full back. Looked good last night at the back. Very safe and still quick. And still really like that giant solomona from Melbourne.

Also hoping knight, meehan, williame, hopa jr, AFB continue to develop and turn out to be top players for the future
Yes going for safe players like mead and green is what we should do! Mead is still pretty quick also quicker than most wingers. Green is proving he is a great player that will give us great service. I agree on Jackson also but I think he will stay at dogs for certain.

Not exactly sure which thread would be best, so I'll post here.

We should consider looking at Te Maire Martin. Did not look out of place in First Grade before being injured, like Green would be a good foil for DCE, and is young with a high ceiling.

Moylan wants to play 6, and with his main weakness being kick returns, I can see Griffin moving him sooner rather than later. Use it or lose it. (Making a play at Moylan would be sneaky, but unlikely)

TMM will then be behind both MM and Cleary, and possibly Cartwright. Would be silly to not just reach out to his manager and see how he's feeling about being a reserve grader and rep season cover at Penrith.

We should consider looking at Te Maire Martin. Did not look out of place in First Grade before being injured, like Green would be a good foil for DCE, and is young with a high ceiling.

Moylan wants to play 6, and with his main weakness being kick returns, I can see Griffin moving him sooner rather than later. Use it or lose it. (Making a play at Moylan would be sneaky, but unlikely)

TMM will then be behind both MM and Cleary, and possibly Cartwright. Would be silly to not just reach out to his manager and see how he's feeling about being a reserve grader and rep season cover at Penrith.
I thought the same thing watching the panfars the other day.

Nicho hynes coming through our ranks similar type player possibly better with the right coaching

Lurker saying Kahu might be on the outs at Brissie. Interesting. Kicks goals, Kiwi (we love them), can play fullback, still 25...

As said we tried for TMM last year and failed

Panthers won't let him go it will be

1.Moylan
6.TMM
7.Cleary

Panthers are going to be crazy strong over the next 2-3 years but they will struggle to keep them all together after that

Speaking of recruitment and retention...it is kinda funny to look back at the players we desperately hoped to recruit last season, and what they are doing now. Front row in particular...Sam Moa? Doing stuff all in a 15th-placed team, starting to look old and small. Burgess twins? Having a shocker of a season, can barely catch the ball (touch wood). Tamou would have been good, but not on the coin he expects. I'd happily take Darcy over any of them now, someone who clearly loves the club and is stepping up each week to improve himself.

Speaking of recruitment and retention...it is kinda funny to look back at the players we desperately hoped to recruit last season, and what they are doing now. Front row in particular...Sam Moa? Doing stuff all in a 15th-placed team, starting to look old and small. Burgess twins? Having a shocker of a season, can barely catch the ball (touch wood). Tamou would have been good, but not on the coin he expects. I'd happily take Darcy over any of them now, someone who clearly loves the club and is stepping up each week to improve himself.
How's Foz going?

Lurker saying Kahu might be on the outs at Brissie. Interesting. Kicks goals, Kiwi (we love them), can play fullback, still 25...
Agree he is an above average player and really safe, however one ACL away from retirement he's had three so far. I also read somewhere he wants to go back to NZ. I'd still make a play for him.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4