Recruiting American Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
I read a piece today that indicated that NFL players are currently competing for 4 contracts one with each of the teams that will play NRL in the US of A. Ie us.

I now can't find said piece.

I don't imagine it's a top 30 contract.

But there would be some talent that with time learning our game could be a gun. I would think easier transition for a back than a forward.

How do we feel about a sceptic tank in our squad?;-)

I read a piece today that indicated that NFL players are currently competing for 4 contracts one with each of the teams that will play NRL in the US of A. Ie us.

But there would be some talent that with time learning our game could be a gun. I would think easier transition for a back than a forward.

I have a sceptic tank in my squad and the two of us and her siblings are all going to the Vegas game together. So I'm all good with it @:D

I reckon 1 of the biggest mistakes NRL clubs make in general is not having more "world wide" player options and looking to nurture players with undoubted talent scouting far and wide.
No doubt the biggest talent pool by far is in Oz , but thinking outside the square could really grab some gun players looking for opportunity with the tools to make it.
There's been a few rare gems and I realise many other countries have other leading sports, but there are at least 100 players on the fringe of selection into the NFL,for every 1 player who makes it and out of these players alone I am almost positive many would have much potential.....well they would have to be better than that Newcastle winger years ago who snuck onto the big stage and later discovered only played a few college games @:blush:

Not that well versed with individual Gridiron positional roles and playing styles but might be interesting as to what N F L positions may be more suited to League '
Guess that in previous times , more outside backs or wider running types were abler to adapt to League requirements in some form . Or would think that it would be still a bit easier for these type of players to adapt better or slightly better .
Not wearing helmets and feeling comfortable with that playing League , especially for the more contact or heavy contact players necessary around the [ is it ] maul area could be another issue as well .
Still , sure that there would be a stack of players from the various levels of N F L comps who could have the ability and aptitude to be able to make or go close to making a successful transition [ or eventually ] to the higher levels of League in OZ

Not that well versed with individual Gridiron positional roles and playing styles but might be interesting as to what N F L positions may be more suited to League '
Guess that in previous times , more outside backs or wider running types were abler to adapt to League requirements in some form . Or would think that it would be still a bit easier for these type of players to adapt better or slightly better .
Not wearing helmets and feeling comfortable with that playing League , especially for the more contact or heavy contact players necessary around the [ is it ] maul area could be another issue as well .
Still , sure that there would be a stack of players from the various levels of N F L comps who could have the ability and aptitude to be able to make or go close to making a successful transition [ or eventually ] to the higher levels of League in OZ
The biggest issue will be endurance. Playing offence and defence with no break in play will be completely foreign to guys that grew up playing Gridiron.

There will definitely be a few athletes that will make exceptional wingers right off the bat but anyone that is suited to play any other position will take a long time to find their feet.

The major issue most NFL players have, if they were to play wing, is they have BA experience catching a high kick under pressure.

It’s a nice idea, however, I think it will take 10+ years until we see more than one USA playing first grade. It’s a massive learning curve.

Remember Manfred Moore? In 1977 the gridiron player was recruited by John Singleton to play for the Newtown Jets. He played four First Grade matches as a winger then was dropped to reserve grade, where he played second row. He got injured and returned to the comfort of pads and a helmet.
He was good once he received the ball but had no idea how to tackle. I still remember him launching himself off his feet like a missile and completely missing his target. I wonder if that vision is still around?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8