Realistic expectations.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Eagle of London you did ask for “ realistic “ but I fear many here are giving an “ optimistic “ view.

The realistic view is where we finish will depend on some or all of the following.

1) our injury toll
2) other teams injury toll
3) how good the coach is at getting them “ buying in”.
4) our final roster ( which may or may not be complete).

Anything is really a guess but realistically I think a lift from 15 to about 8-10 is where we’ll be.

Anything higher is an absolute bonus.

I’m reserving my position until the club announces what it has done about the chair situation. Everyone knows that could be the difference between a top 4 finish or spoon contenders.
Expect an announcement any day of new TPA deal with Smoky Dawson. We are top 4 bound

dawson chair.jpg

As like most on here I'm super excited to have so many Manly heads back at the table. It just keeps getting better day after day at the moment.

However come March when the games stop and the real business kicks off where do we all think we will actually be?

Personally I'm concerned that it might be harder to remove the Crapola that TB instilled in many of our players than we hope and or think.

So question is what's a pass mark? A positive mark? And a Wow mark come 2019? And where do You think we will actually wash up come Sept next year?

My heart says 6 - 8 but my head says 10th. Anything top 5 or above would be Amazing.

Trent took the majority of this team to 6th whilst paying over $1M for Stewart and Matai to retire on and with less staff just 2 years ago.

Anything less is an absolute failure by Des

I’d like us to finished top 8. But realistic I want the manly team I used to follow who put it in and didn’t fold like the Barrett version.

Interesting fact
Manly finished 2nd last in 2003 the year before hasler took over and started slow in 2004 before coming home strong and finishing 4 points out of the 8

Top 8 and I need the season to start just so we can get over the chair 'humour'. Either that or Dan might just have to go the whole hog and get us a chair emoji.

10th.. Soon as there's adversity in a game they fall apart.
Des will do his best, but can't change a losing culture in 1 season. And I fear these guys are so used to losing by now, they dont really care.. All bar Jake maybe, that guy cry's after every loss. Good too see

10th.. Soon as there's adversity in a game they fall apart.
Des will do his best, but can't change a losing culture in 1 season. And I fear these guys are so used to losing by now, they dont really care.. All bar Jake maybe, that guy cry's after every loss. Good too see

I think you are grossly underestimating the the impact on fitness, pride, desire, self-belief and team spirit Des, Donny, Balin, Monaghan, Cleal, Snake etc will have on this squad..not even accounting for the footy these guys are going to bring.

Manly is being reinstalled at HQ and supporters hearts and all these guys that have come together will bring even more Manly guys back home. There will be many more back in the next year or so.

It's going to happen once again.

Top 8 for sure, pushing top 4 straight out of the blocks.

Last edited:
Hmmm i just don't know how well we are going to go without the likes of poo brown or the wright brothers or hodkinson as utility or a game plan of kicking for touch when behind! Also having to pick a bench where all players may actually get game time... tough times ahead!

As like most on here I'm super excited to have so many Manly heads back at the table. It just keeps getting better day after day at the moment.

However come March when the games stop and the real business kicks off where do we all think we will actually be?

Personally I'm concerned that it might be harder to remove the Crapola that TB instilled in many of our players than we hope and or think.

So question is what's a pass mark? A positive mark? And a Wow mark come 2019? And where do You think we will actually wash up come Sept next year?

My heart says 6 - 8 but my head says 10th. Anything top 5 or above would be Amazing.
7th - 10th. If we have a good run with injuries we should make the 8. No left center really bothers me, thats also elgeys side. Hes not a noted defender either. Lets hope dessy boy delivers us a gift before xmas... but who is there?

My realistic expectations is that Des will instill steel in our defence and provide the team with a structure that will have them playing with more confidence and belief .
Des will also break down the house of straws that Trent had built our fortress with and rebuilt it with the great Manly winning culture .
Under Des we will never see a more catastrophic season like we did under Trent, falling to the lowest depths of wooden spoon contention and nothing is as embarrassing and un Manly than that .
The game is won and lost in the Dressing room where the coach gets into the players heads and hearts and has them playing like men possessed with only one main purpose and that is to win at all costs
When looking for inspiration, you can often find it in the words of premiership winning proven coaches like Des
Those fiery words and wisdom will inspire and motivate the team to excel

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6