Realistic expectations.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As like most on here I'm super excited to have so many Manly heads back at the table. It just keeps getting better day after day at the moment.

However come March when the games stop and the real business kicks off where do we all think we will actually be?

Personally I'm concerned that it might be harder to remove the Crapola that TB instilled in many of our players than we hope and or think.

So question is what's a pass mark? A positive mark? And a Wow mark come 2019? And where do You think we will actually wash up come Sept next year?

My heart says 6 - 8 but my head says 10th. Anything top 5 or above would be Amazing.

As like most on here I'm super excited to have so many Manly heads back at the table. It just keeps getting better day after day at the moment.

However come March when the games stop and the real business kicks off where do we all think we will actually be?

Personally I'm concerned that it might be harder to remove the Crapola that TB instilled in many of our players than we hope and or think.

So question is what's a pass mark? A positive mark? And a Wow mark come 2019? And where do You think we will actually wash up come Sept next year?

My heart says 6 - 8 but my head says 10th. Anything top 5 or above would be Amazing.
As Baz had seemingly zero structures, the off season will be long enough for Des to impress his into our motley crew :nod:

If you look at the key personnel changes at other Clubs, only the Rorters are unchanged and only the Knights have bought well.

Cows - new half combo,but strong roster
Broncs - new coach
Titans - no established halves
Rabbids - new coach
Tigers - new coach
Dogs - roster weakened, plus no established halves
Eels - roster still has conflicting halves,but strong roster
Riff - new coach
Drags - no established halves
Sharks - no established halves, but strong roster
Raiders - no strong halves
Scumos - karma about to manifest
Warriors - no established halves

With a staff of 3 and no chairs .... Barrett got a similar squad into the top 6 ..... with Dessie and an upgaded staff of 11 (many of them great men) ,, anything less than the top 8 would be an embarressment and a disappointment .....

PSS ... my tip 5th ....

As always will come down to injuries and what 17 we run out each week.

The club at least did the right thing and had Des in from the 1st of Nov so he has as much time as possible with the squad.

The team itself was very capable - they just had no heart or ability to fight under Barrett. Can you see them doing that Penrith capitulation under Des? I'm thinking we can easily get back in the 8. Remember in 2017 we were right up the table for a period before they folded. Green was a factor but him aside a lot of that squad is still there...

With a staff of 3 and no chairs .... Barrett got a similar squad into the top 6 ..... with Dessie and an upgaded staff of 11 (many of them great men) ,, anything less than the top 8 would be an embarressment and a disappointment .....

PSS ... my tip 5th ....

images.jpg

The make or break of this 2019 season imo, is the ability of Elgey to step up his game and find a home early and the entire team getting back as 1 unified tight group of players who are there for each other and believing in the new direction Des applies.
Another key ingredient will be 2 more players who adapt and make a name by the end of 2019 - I refer to Waddell, Garrick, Funa, young Hoppa...
Exciting times and realistically, if the squad stays reasonably healthy expect a fringe 8 challenge....plenty to build on.

Funny ... but not true ...... you do me a disservice ..... :rofl:

we have more established rep players now than in 2016 ... DCE, Turbo, Jurbo, Kapow, AFB ... Walker is fit again and at Centre ... hopefully Siro will not be gone for the season and Api will not miss the last 14 games .... Thommo has been added and we have a raft of blokes competing for spots ....... we have no off field dramas, and we have a 5/8 .......

I think after the top 3/4 the quality drops and we are well in the running ..... Given Dessie and the quality of the support staff.... for heavens sake we also have a head shrink and a sprint coach ..... I stick by my comment that anything outside the 8 would be an embarressment ....

.... and I am confident we will make it .....

Just being fully committed and competitive every match will be an improvement and give some more heart for Manly supporters . Should have some better team structures , the forwards in the main did their job reasonably well last season so even minus Lane should go all right again . Really hard to predict at this stage , hopefully with a fit and functioning 5 / 8 and some better game management , should be able to reverse some of those close losses and surrendered leads from last season . Trials are not always a good guide but will probably provide a better indication then as to how Manly :s prospects are for next season .

PSS ... my tip 5th ....

I’m reserving my position until the club announces what it has done about the chair situation. Everyone knows that could be the difference between a top 4 finish or spoon contenders.

I’m reserving my position until the club announces what it has done about the chair situation. Everyone knows that could be the difference between a top 4 finish or spoon contenders.

I have it on good authority that Dessie had a standing agreement that he wouldn't sit down to talks until evidence of furniture purchases were tabled ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8