Re-sign Choc now.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The back office staff seem to be ****e. They publicly chase LOD and others while seemingly ignoring the talent in the backyard. Choc is an eagle, and must stay an eagle and should be recognized and rewarded accordingly.

Kite / Kennedy / Lyon / Orford / Bell

Top of the comp after only 5 years ago starting with the dregs of the talent pool after every other club had first grab.

Yep there ****e.

Have we let any of our classy Juniors go ? Stewarts etc ?

Arguably the dumbest post I have read on here.

Choc will be re signed I have no doubt about that, unless Saints are willing to pay massive overs well above his market rate as they are a team coming last. Then if he goes then thats life thats footy and thats business.

[quote author=DSM5]
The back office staff seem to be ****e. They publicly chase LOD and others while seemingly ignoring the talent in the backyard. Choc is an eagle, and must stay an eagle and should be recognized and rewarded accordingly.

Kite / Kennedy / Lyon / Orford / Bell

Top of the comp after only 5 years ago starting with the dregs of the talent pool after every other club had first grab.

Yep there ****e.

Have we let any of our classy Juniors go ? Stewarts etc ?

Choc will be re signed I have no doubt about that, unless Saints are willing to pay massive overs well above his market rate as they are a team coming last. Then if he goes then thats life thats footy and thats business.
[/quote]

Agree with JK assessment on that post. My distinct impression is that management have their act very well in order when it comes to player retention. Flavour at the club seems to be we on the rise and special things await, & the players generally feel like staying is a preferable option to chasing larger offers elswhere. Hicks may be one tempted by OS offer but as much as i love spider, his potentia loss can be covered. All else seems to be going according to good planning.

Hicks is heading towards the end of his career as well, he is 27 or 28 now so may be looking for some super, wont blame him if he needs to look after number 1

[quote author=DSM5]

[/quote]

I'm not so sure JK, old DSM5 comes out with some crackers. I am sure he has posted something worse before.

Perhaps the club was in the process of giving monaghan a push.

Kite had verbally agreed but nothing was signed because an upgrade of his contract was in order. Just had to wait on the free $240,000 to top him up a little.

Everything im hearing tells me Choc and Burns are re-signing very shortly, so relax

Geeze Clon. So sorry to have alternative views to yours. I had no idea that concurance with the views of management was obligatory.

Well then Clon, I'll just have to agree with you and some of your mates, if that's OK with you. The managment's all good. There... happy?

You guys make me laugh, DSM you have copped a few on the chin - you would think all these guys are geniuses

atleast no one is threatening any one at this stage- just a difference of opinion....I see Mata has apologised to Mongo/ DJ Spook on MSE

lol

its gotto be like when a little kid gets dragged in by the ear to say sorry to his sister - complete sincerity im sure.

You guys make me laugh, DSM you have copped a few on the chin - you would think all these guys are geniuses

What do you mean think? ;)

DSM5 I dont mind if your opinion differs to mine. Thats why they are called opinions. However, to make a statement such as "our back office is ****e", is a silly statement, in MY opinion. We sit on top of the table, have attracted Lyon, Orford and a few other blue chip players over the past couple of years, whilst at the same time signing the Stewarts and Ballin on long term deals.

Not sure what else the club can do??

As for Matai, your opnion and mine will probably always differ. I dont think he is a world beater, but he is definitely not the mug you make out.

That said Doug, it's a little silly players like Choc and co. can go to market. We read daily how other clubs are extending their stars contracts. Why not us. I admit - we are improving eg. Glenn Stewart, but Manly needs to do whatever it can to stop players getting into a bidding war.

That said Doug, it's a little silly players like Choc and co. can go to market. We read daily how other clubs are extending their stars contracts. Why not us. I admit - we are improving eg. Glenn Stewart, but Manly needs to do whatever it can to stop players getting into a bidding war.

Choc is currently contracted but that cannot stop other clubs making offers for next season. So now that the 240 is known to be freed up at a certain point, management can be more certain in making offers & upgrades.

So as Clon so rightly said "i dont know what else you want the club to do"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6