Game Day: Raiders v Sea Eagles [Round 4, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t rub it in. I’m currently quaffing whiskey in the delta lounge in Philly waiting my next flight and wishing I could watch it

Wait what... your overseas? Do you have a new job?

ah hahahahaha sigh.

I saw your call for help but I can just watch it live on watchnrl.com (no recording) so I didn't know how to help.

Plus you're mean to puppies.*

Probably not seeing as you have one..maybe unless you left it in AmsterdaN

Don't get too drunk!

Wait what... your overseas? Do you have a new job?

ah hahahahaha sigh.

I saw your call for help but I can just watch it live on watchnrl.com (no recording) so I didn't know how to help.

Plus you're mean to puppies.*

Probably not seeing as you have one..maybe unless you left it in AmsterdaN

Don't get too drunk!
It’s a long flight I’m smashing a few and then heading to the gate.

Two in and about to have a g&t i think.
I must say this philly lounge is a c-

That’s like doing the washing up after cooking, I’ll watch it when I get to London in 11 hours I guess

but... I always have to do the washing up. sheesh

C- That's pretty bad. It's not that hard to get at least a B for lounges. Maybe your standards are real high (well compared to mine, obv). there's some nice ones around though. Mmmm

Just think of the glamour of being a globe-trotter!

Only disappointing thing from last night was the crowd. 9,300 is pretty poor - Sure it’s the Easter long weekend but it was a lovely night out there.
Yes that is disappointing but bear in mind that Greenberg's NRL has assaulted our club this week and is trying to squash Manly out of existence. If we keep playing well the support will come back.

Yes that is disappointing but bear in mind that Greenberg's NRL has assaulted our club this week and is trying to squash Manly out of existence. If we keep playing well the support will come back.

Yeah definitely a factor I think mate. Disappointing loss last week and the salary cap rubbish would have kept some away.

Just think of the glamour of being a globe-trotter!
Yes my 6th airport in a week and about to hit my 7th smelling like airplanes, sweat and a lack of sleep and arriving in London at 6am on the backend of it.

It does feel oddheading back there and not having a home just short flight away

Ouch, Oh well if thinking of the glamour doesn't do it for you, think of the moolah! But good luck, it's like you're in a marathon.

What a poor quality game of rugby league.
Pretty sure these two teams aren't playing finals football unless there is some sort of dramatic improvement.
Obviously the Raiders had a team bet in the first half, first one to make a tackle had to buy the after game drinks.

How bad are Lachlan Croker and Shaun Lane, it's pretty sad when Mathew Wright is in the side and you are still the worst player on the team.
WOW whinge & moan when we lose then whinge & moan again when we win! Sounds like maybe you need to post elsewhere & support another team! Having to read rubbish like this everyday is now becoming boring!

Last edited:
Hey @Ryan .. got another one for you ...

At my usual spot for coffee ... (the table of limitless patience) ... wearing the game day polo ... when some blow-in boofhead says loudly to the waitress "watch this Manly fan, he will probably cheat you on the tip"

Half an hour later when I was leaving I saw him complain for the 3rd time that he hadn't gotten his coffee yet ..... God bless Emma ... She's an Eagles fan too .....

Hahahaha. Gold. Sucked in to the dickhead. Can't believe I missed the game, down in VIC ATM for my step Brothers wedding.

Every television is playing AFL down here so I need some entertainment, so thanks mate.

Not sure how many people have seen it, but I'm a few minutes from where the Geelong Cats play (hahahaha, Cats - how soft), and their stadium is ****ing impressive.

Brookvale Oval, and Northern Beaches council should be ashamed of themselves.

Lucky for that brilliant 15 minute spurt in the first half because we've been dead-set ordinary for most of the remainder of the game. I cannot believe our discipline in this second half, even after talking about it at half-time. Boy, we are in for another roller-coaster year.
That's a really good point you make HK as i just hope them great little 15min spurts are not what the team is relying on throughout the game or that its not in our game plan, as that alone will not get us through the year and into the grand final. It would not surprise me that some players in some teams have that game plan in mind.I think its great to have them spurts and cant do us any harm but i hope that we(Manly)are not relying on them or trying to use them as a short cut.So far we are not consistant and i just hope that them 15min spurts can turn into 30min spurts at the least.

I am sure I overheard Barrett saying before the game " Fukk this 80min crap ... let's just play in 15min spurts" ....

And don't worry, it's not like there will be 13 big buggers on the other team trying to stop you or anything ....

Momentum shifts for whatever reason have been a regular feature of many N R L matches for quite a few seasons now . Whether they come in 15 min. spurts or some other general variables , i guess is just academic . As one commentator mentioned in Manly 's game last night , the good or better sides find a way of coping with these momentum shifts and especially of course defensively to restrict the opposition scoring . Still some work to do but Manly did quite well last night in this department and at least there was much better cohesion and communication defending compared with last week .

Turbo showed yesterday why I think he'll be the best full back we've seen if he stays healthy. He has speed, great distribution, involvement but most importantly he is like a forward in sheer power and has the ability to break the line with ease...almost arrogance...when he's on song. He will as he ages rely less on his speed and more on his power. He's an interesting mix of Snake and Wombat.

Again it was the forwards who won this game. DCE was good, Tom.T. awesome, but the rest of the back line were hardly seen. Matt Wright,though, who I question for his lack of speed, had a good game and he and Tom T had a field day. I hope Sirro is not too badlly damaged. He is improving every week. Api as usual was very busy, Hastings in the few minutes he was out there look good, Jake was ...well just Jake, and AFB and Taupau were unstoppable in the middle and there was a constant second phase play because they werent dying with the ball. Not a great performance in the second half, but good enough in my mind to have no concerns about them making the 8, as long as not too many injuries. On their day they'll give any team a run for their money. St George though look the team to beat this early

Siro was not only playing really well last night , he was playing tough as well and along with the rest of the Manly pack , easily had the big Raiders pack measure . Let's hope that he is not side lined for very long . Joel Thompson seems quite athletic and seems to be gradually fitting into Manly" s playing style O K .

IMG_20180401_114304.jpg

Great flight from Wrighty :clap:

Too bad that Uate and Parker butchered their tries :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4