Game Day: Raiders v Sea Eagles [Round 4, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders, 7.35pm Saturday at Lottoland

Sea Eagles: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Matthew Wright, 3 Brad Parker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Lachlan Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Curtis Sironen, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Jackson Hastings, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Kelepi Tanginoa

Reserves: 18 Lewis Brown, 19 Thomas Wright, 20 Frank Winterstein, 21 Jack Gosiewski

Matthew Wright replaces Jorge Taufua (collarbone, eight weeks) on the wing in Manly's only change.

Is it game day yet or have I done some premature paroling?

Go Manly!

Woot!

Manly by 800,000 :party:

Beautiful 22c day for Manly to redeem themselves at Brookie :clap:

Gates open 5pm for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles kick off at 5:15

Kids Easter Hat parade at half time of main game

Daylight Savings ends Sunday NSW clocks go back in time to Qld time

Last edited:
We need a win to put this week behind us. Raiders will need to have their heads screwed on - and luckily for us their coach isn't famed for achieving this effect on his players.
Go Manly!

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders, 7.35pm Saturday at Lottoland

Sea Eagles: The Sea Eagles have no other injury concerns heading into the Raiders clash after news Jorge Taufua would miss the next two months with a broken collarbone. There was speculation Jackson Hastings could move into the starting side this week with Lachlan Croker to make way, but Trent Barrett hosed down those suggestions at the side's final training run on Friday. Moses Suli will make his club debut for Blacktown Workers next weekend. Lewis Brown and Thomas Wright were the two players dropped from the squad 24 hours out from kick-off.

Raiders: Ricky Stuart indicated the side was likely to be 1-17 should in-doubt trio Aidan Sezer (back), Iosia Soliola (ankle) and Joseph Tapine (finger) pull up fine after the captain's run on Friday morning. Blake Austin has been dropped from the bench 24 hours out from kick-off. 21 Ata Hingano and Joseph Tapine are the two new faces on the bench this week. Jack Murchie was the other player omitted 24 hours out from game time.

Hey @Ryan .. got another one for you ...

At my usual spot for coffee ... (the table of limitless patience) ... wearing the game day polo ... when some blow-in boofhead says loudly to the waitress "watch this Manly fan, he will probably cheat you on the tip"

Half an hour later when I was leaving I saw him complain for the 3rd time that he hadn't gotten his coffee yet ..... God bless Emma ... She's an Eagles fan too .....

In those types of situations, I always find this is a great comeback:

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Do you?”

Mate he was a flea ... any response would have elevated him to a social position well beyond his station .... I suspect he was a Parra supporter ..

Interesting contest - on paper I reckon they have us in the backs and we have em in the forwards. Hopefully we starve their wingers of the ball like previously which worked well. But game management will still be key to winning this one. Man oh man I hope TB has our halves switched on tonight. Huge pressure game for Croker - he will know the wolves are at the door and if he doesn't have a strong game he has to be goneskis. Can't wait! Go Manly

I'm wondering who will be binned. It seems the done thing lately. Hopefully it's a Canberra player but Toddy's memo to the refs probably instructed for DCE or Marty.

We are the Manly Boys,
We are going to win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We'll show them how to play.

No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

So it's guzzle guzzle guzzle,
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, "More Beer".

And we drink all night,
Until we are very tired,
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

Last edited:
We are the Manly Boys,
We are going to win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We'll show them how to play.

No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

So it's guzzle guzzle guzzle,
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, "More Beer".

And we drink all night,
Until we are very tired,
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.
That last verse need a decent re-write.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4