Raiders v Sea eagles [Round 12, 2018] - Team Lists & Pre Game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't be stupid.... Matt Wright will not be hooker and nor should he be.
I can’t help being stupid... people inferred the same last week when I suggested Barrett would go with the same side that had performed so well the previous two rounds, and bring Hodko off the bench. I’m not saying it’s the team I’d go with, but it has been reported that Lewis and Trent aren’t seeing eye to eye, and Trent has not allowed Brown anywhere near the side all year. So, on that basis, I named the above side. Silly me.

I was super confident going into the Melbourne game but that confidence ( with the outs we have) has deserted me this week.

Walker is a huge ( HUGE) loss, I agree with @Sue he inspires the team and especially with his history v the Raiders he will be missed.

Raiders aren’t doing that well either but it is in Raiderville so for me,

Raiders 22
Manly 14
They will be without Paulo and Tapine, so we should be able to roll through the middle again. Something we have been doing exceptionally well over the last three rounds. Tapine is a huge loss for them.

This annoys me. We are paying a guy good coin to play for blacktown who can play hooker and is a better hooker than my idol the great Lewis Brown.

Barrett has to eat some humble pie and play Hastings at hooker there’s no other sane option if that young kid from last years 20s isn’t allowed to play.

Cameron ...It makes me angry too .... BUT Angry at Hastings ... 4 times Barrett has brought that useless numbnut baarstard back into the team and 4 times that useless numbnut baarstard has managed to let Barrett and the team down by causeing shiit ....

How many times before we consider it is not some nonsense matter of Barretts pride and put the blame were it belongs .... ... Hastings is a numbnut .....

If Barrett gives him a 5th chance then he deserves a humanitarian medal ...

Last edited:
Lucky we're playing the Raiders this week, all their attack comes down the left. Pretty sure their dummy halves think it's against the rules to pass right.

Or brown to bench and tom Wright to wing? Hopefully barrett uses our other 2 players on the bench this time during the game instead of the last 5 minutes
but it has been reported that Lewis and Trent aren’t seeing eye to eye, and Trent has not allowed Brown anywhere near the side all year. So, on that basis, I named the above side. Silly me.
Well Tuberculosis has named Brown on the bench twice this year and not used him at all. Seems a ridiculous situation to me, I'd understand it for a rookie in his first game if the game situation didn't warrant him getting a run, but for a 200 game international it looks like a big FU.

They will be without Paulo and Tapine, so we should be able to roll through the middle again. Something we have been doing exceptionally well over the last three rounds. Tapine is a huge loss for them.
Guess we'll be playing against Liam Knight then.

The more things change... the more they stay the same.
I still think Matty Wright (if he’s fit and Jorge returns) might be a shock inclusion at nine, or at the very least, end up spending time some there against Canberra. Not what I’d do, but Trent appears to be unwavering when it comes to not selecting anyone who has clashed with him this season.

Speaking of games to make the 8 this year, has anyone noticed that there are only 25 Rounds this year in place of the normal 26?
Still 24 actual games but only one bye this year. Previous year there was 2 byes so a 50 50 record( 12 wins, 28 points) probably got you in. 28 points this year means 13 wins is needed and that almost certainly would be enough. So we need to win 9 from 13 to get 28 points. 8 from 13 gives you a punchers chance on 26 where in previous years that was almost a certainty to miss.

Still 24 actual games but only one bye this year. Previous year there was 2 byes so a 50 50 record( 12 wins, 28 points) probably got you in. 28 points this year means 13 wins is needed and that almost certainly would be enough. So we need to win 9 from 13 to get 28 points. 8 from 13 gives you a punchers chance on 26 where in previous years that was almost a certainty to miss.
As every Club loses a BYE points this year due to the standalone SOO #2 24th June game, the cutoff will be 26 instead of 28 :nod:

Manly just needs to keep winning and the ladder will take care of itself :)

My team for next week:

1. Turbo
2. Horhey (If injured then T Wright)
3. Suli
4. Kelly
5. Aku
6. Trent
7. Daly
8. AFB
9. Poomeister
10. Marty
11. Joel
12. Penny
13. Jake

14. ?????????
15. Frankenstein
16. Perrett
17. Sipley

For the utility bench spot, I don't know who could be selected there. Maybe M Wright, T Wright.

I can’t help being stupid... people inferred the same last week when I suggested Barrett would go with the same side that had performed so well the previous two rounds, and bring Hodko off the bench. I’m not saying it’s the team I’d go with, but it has been reported that Lewis and Trent aren’t seeing eye to eye, and Trent has not allowed Brown anywhere near the side all year. So, on that basis, I named the above side. Silly me.
Trenty might be smiley pretty, but it's pretty evident that if you piiss him off (Hastings, Poo), you can be assured you will continue to be piissed off.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8