Raiders v Sea eagles [Round 12, 2018] - Team Lists & Pre Game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nrl.com

Raiders duo Joseph Tapine and Josh Papalii have been charged by the match review committee over incidents in Sunday's loss to the Dragons, with Tapine facing a two-match suspension for a shoulder charge on Matt Dufty.

With two prior offences within the past two seasons and 85 carryover points to his name, Tapine would miss two matches even with an early guilty plea. He risks a possible three-match suspension if he fights the charge at the judiciary and loses.

Meanwhile Papalii has been charged with a grade on careless high tackle, also on Dufty, and would be fined $1350 if he enters an early guilty plea.

Nrl.com

Raiders duo Joseph Tapine and Josh Papalii have been charged by the match review committee over incidents in Sunday's loss to the Dragons, with Tapine facing a two-match suspension for a shoulder charge on Matt Dufty.

With two prior offences within the past two seasons and 85 carryover points to his name, Tapine would miss two matches even with an early guilty plea. He risks a possible three-match suspension if he fights the charge at the judiciary and loses.

Meanwhile Papalii has been charged with a grade on careless high tackle, also on Dufty, and would be fined $1350 if he enters an early guilty plea.

That's a loss for the Raiders. Tapine has been one of their better forwards and obviously they still have Paulo out as well.

Nrl.com

Tapine has been a big part of their go forward of late.

With him sidelined, we only have to focus on containing Papalii and Paulo, and raiders lose their go-forward.

Would seem doubtful if Hastings would be considered but even when he played 9 for the majority of the match against the Dragons [ 2 nd time ] last season he really did not go that well so even if he was available , maybe Poo would still be the best option right now . Would be interesting to have D C E , Hodko and Hastings together around the ruck area and if it was for the best interests of the side , i would not have a problem with this scenario . Matty Wright does have good hands and a passing game , so no reason why he can not fill in at 9 for some game time if required .
Pretty sure ur thinking Lussick not hastings

Tapine has been a big part of their go forward of late.

With him sidelined, we only have to focus on containing Papalii and Paulo, and raiders lose their go-forward.

Paulo is out injured mate. Won't be there this week.

There forward packs last week was Soliola, Havili, Gubb, Tapine (suspended), Whitehead and Papalii, with Boyd, Bateman and Lui on the bench.

I think we can more than match them.

Can't underestimate the significance of this game, in that the momentum we'd have if we manage to jag a win will be huge.

It would take us to 3 wins in a row, and that is a roll on in anyone's language, let alone 3 away games after the horror period we had before.

I rate us 50/50 although I heard the raiders are favourites in betting.

Can't underestimate the significance of this game, in that the momentum we'd have if we manage to jag a win will be huge.

It would take us to 3 wins in a row, and that is a roll on in anyone's language, let alone 3 away games after the horror period we had before.

How would how rate this game in importance compared to the rest of the season?

And the thing is with those 5 straight losses we can’t afford too many more if we are a chance at the top 8, although I think this might be a pipe dream but I guess you can live in hope.
Speaking of games to make the 8 this year, has anyone noticed that there are only 25 Rounds this year in place of the normal 26?

Big danger game considering the tough win last week and the loss of Api & Walker. As poor as the Raiders are, they have strike players that can turn the game single-handedly. Rapana did that at Brookie last year and almost won it for them. Let's hope the boys turn up and don't drop their effort this Friday.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8