Raiders v Sea eagles [Round 12, 2018] - Team Lists & Pre Game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
NRL.COM

Canberra Raiders v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Friday 6pm at GIO Stadium

Raiders team which lost to the Dragons: 1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Siliva Havili, 16 Charlie Gubb, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Luke Bateman, 10 Shannon Boyd, 17 Dunamis Lui

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart may look at his playmaking options after again lamenting the late-game decision making of his team in the loss to the Dragons. Sam Williams may looms as a realistic option. Junior Paulo and Josh Hodgson remain on the long-term injury list. Craig Garvey, Liam Knight and Michael Oldfield are all in the mix after being late omissions last week.

Sea Eagles team which beat Melbourne: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Matthew Wright, 3 Moses Suli, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Dylan Walker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Shaun Lane, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Trent Hodkinson, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Toafofoa Sipley

With Dylan Walker facing a six-week stint on the sidelines with facial injuries after getting punched by Curtis Scott, Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett is set to throw recent signing Trent Hodkinson a spot in the starting 13. In some much-needed good news on the injury front, Jack Gosiewski (hand) is on track to make their return from injury against the Raiders. Tom Wright, Lewis Brown, Jorge Taufua and Tevita Funa are in the selection mix after having been in the original 21 last week.

Next weeks team
1 Turbo
2 Jorge
3 Kelly
4 Suli
5 Uate
6 Hodko
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 M Wright
10 Marty
11 Thompson
12 Lane
13 Jake

14 T Wright
15 Perrett
16 Winterstein
17 Sipley

I trust the above side is more than capable able of getting the job done for us. If Jorge doesn’t make it back? Then Brown to nine and Wright back to the wing.

Last edited:
Next weeks team
1 Turbo
2 Jorge
3 Kelly
4 Suli
5 Uate
6 Hodko
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 M Wright
10 Marty
11 Thompson
12 Lane
13 Jake

14 T Wright
15 Perrett
16 Winterstein
17 Sipley

I trust the above side is more than able to get the job done for us. If Jorge doesn’t make it back? Then Brown to nine and Wright back to the wing.
Has M Wright played Hooker before ?

Before the alleged blow up over his lack of game time, I would have said that Brown would be a shoe-in for playing hooker this week with Api out. Now I am not so sure. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see the 17 that run out on Friday night in Canberra being:

FB - Turbo
WG - Jorge*
CE - Suli
CE - Kelly
WG - Aku
FE - Hodko (g/k)
HB - DCE (c)
PR - AFB
HK - Poo
PR - Kapow
SR - Thommo
SR - Lane
LK - Jake (vc)

Bench - M Wright, Winterstein, Perrett, Sipley.

If Jorge is fit, he'll play. If not then Matt Wright on the wing and Tom Wright on the bench. I think Jetski will be back at Blacktown unless Barrett decides to put him on the bench in place of Frank or Sipley. Lane is playing well enough not to lose his starting spot in the back row.

Last edited:
If Jorge is back then M Wright will become utility.

Poo will be hooker, but I would pick hastings, but that ain't going to happen.

Without Fainu in the 30, and hastings exiled, we are light of genuine no.9 options.

Surely Raiders will lose Tapine to suspension?
Our own team announcement will be quite interesting again, as it has been in recent times.
No Walker or Api and M Wright in doubt, so bring in Hodko & Brown (fairly obvious) plus ...???

Would seem doubtful if Hastings would be considered but even when he played 9 for the majority of the match against the Dragons [ 2 nd time ] last season he really did not go that well so even if he was available , maybe Poo would still be the best option right now . Would be interesting to have D C E , Hodko and Hastings together around the ruck area and if it was for the best interests of the side , i would not have a problem with this scenario . Matty Wright does have good hands and a passing game , so no reason why he can not fill in at 9 for some game time if required .

Surely Raiders will lose Tapine to suspension?
Our own team announcement will be quite interesting again, as it has been in recent times.
No Walker or Api and M Wright in doubt, so bring in Hodko & Brown (fairly obvious) plus ...???
I did hear he got a week for the shoulder charge

Api is such a massive loss for us with no obvious replacement. Don’t think brown could play 80 at hooker so we will need a utility on the bench who can fill in at hooker. Lucky suli has a couple of games and slots in for Dylan. I’m worried Jake could miss a game through concussion, afosa solomana got him flush with a swinging arm.

Api May be a loss but Walker is a bigger one. He is not only a great centre, he also inspires the team.Suli has been good and will get better but is basically a steamroller and lacks the speed and agility Walker gives us.

Would like to see Fainu at 9 but little chance that NRL will agree that Hastings and Brown can’t play hooker.

Brown is not as bad in the 9 as some make out. Showed that a couple of weeks ago. No worldbeater but the guy can do the job to a decent standard particularly if we play the power game with AFB and Kapow. It ain’t that hard.

Last edited:
This annoys me. We are paying a guy good coin to play for blacktown who can play hooker and is a better hooker than my idol the great Lewis Brown.

Barrett has to eat some humble pie and play Hastings at hooker there’s no other sane option if that young kid from last years 20s isn’t allowed to play.

Next weeks team
1 Turbo
2 Jorge
3 Kelly
4 Suli
5 Uate
6 Hodko
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 M Wright
10 Marty
11 Thompson
12 Lane
13 Jake

14 T Wright
15 Perrett
16 Winterstein
17 Sipley

I trust the above side is more than able to get the job done for us. If Jorge doesn’t make it back? Then Brown to nine and Wright back to the wing.
Don't be stupid.... Matt Wright will not be hooker and nor should he be.

Whoever we pick wont be up for 80mins. So we need a utility onthe bench who can play hooker. This MAY open the door for Lussick MK II or Fainu esp if Hastings is not available for "medical reasons".

I was super confident going into the Melbourne game but that confidence ( with the outs we have) has deserted me this week.

Walker is a huge ( HUGE) loss, I agree with @Sue he inspires the team and especially with his history v the Raiders he will be missed.

Raiders aren’t doing that well either but it is in Raiderville so for me,

Raiders 22
Manly 14

It's a pity Dylan is out this week, would have loved to see him riling up that pair of morons Leilua and Grubana. They are only a nanosecond away from a brain explosion at the best of times.

I watched a bit of the Raiders game yesterday and they weren't that impressive. Austin was poor in attack in second half. However we are appreciably weaker without Api and Dylan, it won't be an easy trip.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6