Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

48 6
GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flicking Fox sports package after next weekend and be watching any finals matches if I can be bothered on Channel 9. Got 5 or 6 months to decide if I can be bothered putting Fox Sports package on again for next year, since got that feeling it will all heartache again.

Regardless of the result I want to see at least one thing happen tomorrow.

I want to see Koula do a length of the field try while leaving Xavier Savage eating his dust. At the very least that would shut up the Canberra fans who think Savage is the quickest player in the NRL.

I'd like to think that all the pressure will be on Canberra, who now have the top eight firmly in their sights, and that we will be free to play some good football. But unless every little thing goes our way - which is what it takes for us to win a game of footy - chances are we will fold as easily as we have for the last five weeks. Would love to be surprised though.

I obviously want him to do really well. Like I said in a post a month or so ago I just don't know what elite skill/s he has. Hoping to be proven wrong.
We’d all love him to be a success but to be honest so far he’s just a park footy player.

Yeh like many I would love for Trevor to step up. A full game at second row will probably tell us if he's ready.
He played a full game at right edge a couple of months ago and did well - a couple of try assists (& maybe a try). After that, I think he was out for a few weeks with injury.

Let the 7 go.

For forwards we have discussed some forward stocks out there - Fifita, Tamou, Pangai, and what about Sideshow Bob? (Procter). All pretty high energy forwards and tough blokes on their day who could be signed for a year or two max to help develop our young forwards like Fulton, and focus on bringing in some younger NRL untested forwards as part of the plan.

A change is like a holiday - remember Willie Mason in 2015 - he was great and a good early mentor for Jake.

With the S&%t attitude of so many of our own players we have I'm happy to put all egos aside and clear out those mugs and give these guys a run - if they willing to have a good crack.

I'll admit it would be sad to let Ola go, but he has disappointed me.

Now when it comes to the backs - awfully slim pickings :shake: - you realise that Easts, Penrith and Canterbury have unlimited checkbooks to sign everyone decent on the market for the next 5 years - because there is no real salary cap.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10