Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
14 GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

It’s probably not the game to be making this comment after,but they still look a bit slow and at times pedestrian.Obviously not on the edges,but there is a lot of players standing still in the middle of the park when they have the ball.Even Canberra,at times today,were all moving up with the ball,which creates options.Manly seem to set up for the trick shot or a TomT/Schuster play or DCE gives it to Olakau’atu and says just trample over them.It’s a bit easy to pick off for the better teams.Once a more dynamic dummy half is in the team,I think things will change.As i said,probably not the best game to say this

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Raiders: 14
Manly: 42

348232879_1060843941613582_1817427231110300517_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

348435317_209438171897749_5797124673667521420_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos
Canberra Raiders Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

The Tackle: Turbo’s explosive Origin message

Turbo brothers lock in spots as Blues reveal shock changes

Trbojevic creates huge NSW Origin headache

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

On Report: Haumole Olakau'atu (Dangerous Tackle) - No Judiciary charges laid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knights (away), Bye and then Dolphins (home). Get those 6 points and we are back in the Top 4
We just need to work towards small constant improvements and consistency. There is still a lot of work to be done at both ends. The lack of ruck control and yardage made/conceded is alarming. We still struggle to respect possession. DCE's kicking in the attacking zone leaves a lot to be desired, but thankfully, we have Schu as an option there now.

Last edited:
Watching from the stands it was looking bad early but they got better as the game went on and the Raiders really stunk the place up in the second half... I must admit that we finally got a lot of the 50-50s for once..! Raiders fans around me were not happy...

I wonder what the biggest difference was in the team was this week, Compare to the last few weeks ….Oh yeah, J Schuster.

Schuster easily outplays DCE every time he plays. What a joke considering DCE is one of the highest paid players in the game.

And more proof that a passing game is infinitely more important than a kicking game. You can attack with a pass a lot more than you can attack with kicks. I hope this lesson is learnt, because DCE has next to 0 passing game….and when Schuster plays his passing game completely transforms the team. And Schuster plays on the side away from Koula, Huomole & Saab, a side of the field which is far more dangerous. Turbo prefers Schuster side as well.

Apart from one good 40/20 from DCE, what were his contributions? DCE comically kicks into his own player, kicks the ball dead for a 7th tackle set, end of first half a short kick that put Manly under pressure, easy knock on in the 2nd half…..and did virtually nothing attack.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6