Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 42
GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 21st May 2023

Venue:
.... GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce, ACT

Gates Open:.... 1:30pm.

NSW Cup Kick Off Time:.... Canberra Raiders v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles: 1:50pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Canberra Raiders v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 4:05pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Samuela Fainu
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Condon

Replacement:

18. Kaeo Weekes.

Reserves:

Out:

19. Morgan Harper
20. Cooper Johns
21. Morgan Boyle
22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Friday, 19 May 2023) * * *

The Sea Eagles have been dealt a huge blow after the club confirmed three forwards could spend up to six weeks on the sideline after suffering injuries on Sunday.

Lock Josh Aloiai will be out for up to six weeks after he suffered a dislocated shoulder that was put back in place by medical staff in Sunday's loss to the Sharks at 4 Pines Park.

Fellow forward Kelma Tuilagi will undergo surgery on a facial fracture and is expected to miss the club's next six matches while veteran prop Aaron Woods is also expected to miss 4-6 weeks due to a fractured thumb.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 12)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 12)
  • Cooper Johns (Ankle, Round 12-13)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Zac Fulton (Elbow, Round 14)
  • Josh Aloiai (Shoulder, Round 16-17)
  • Aaron Woods (Thumb, Round 17)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Fracture, Round 18)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Toafofoa Sipley (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Josh Aloiai (Shoulder, Round 16)
  • Aaron Woods (Thumb, Round 17)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Facial Fracture, Round 18)

1. Weekes
  2. Saab
  3. Turbo
  4. Koula
  5. Garrick
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Keppie Haumole
  11. Haumole Fainu
  12. Burbo
  13. Lawton
  14. GCKT
  15. Fainu Bullemor
  16. Bullemor Keppie
  17. Woods
Of course, this is just a fanciful team based on who will be available next week. However, I think a more radical approach is needed, so I have edited the team above. When Jake & Sipley become available, replace two of the props.

Last edited:
1. Turbo
2. Vaega
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Saab
6. Weekes
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. GCKT
10. Fainu
11. Bullemor
12. Haumole
13. Schuster

14. Burbo
15. Woods
16. Condon
17. Lawton

turbo
saab
parker
tolu
garry
schu
chez
nella
lachie
keppie
shmole
ben
lawton

weekes
fainu
bully
condon

I think we will smash Canberra this weekend.

We are due a win and they are due a loss.

We get schuster and jurbo back plus we lose Kelma and replace him with possibly a more enthusiastic option in burbo or fainu.

Turbo will be super keen to have a final strong game pre origin and will have another week of building his confidence and fitness.

We will be desperate and I am backing us in for a good win.

I can’t see us beating the Raiders, we couldn’t beat the Titans (Broncos) or Sharks at home, the Raiders are full of confidence at the moment and ours is shot to bits.
I don’t buy into we’re due for a win or there due for a loss, they will play out a strong 80 at home and we won’t be able to stay in the contest, even if Jake and Shoe play. They’ve playing good up tempo footy and reaping the rewards, we just won‘t be able to match there game speed, fitness or be able to stay in a grid with them.
Really sad, I always want to believe we can find a way to win, but your not being real if you think we can go down there and compete, based on the 2 teams current situations and form, another miserable Sunday coming up I‘d say.

I'm hearing shoe will be back and quite possibly Jake too!

Missing aloai, tuilagi and Woods, so plenty of changes this week! Team may look like this (in trouble if Jake isn't back):

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Bullemore
14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Fainu
17.?

They are due for a loss

And we are due for a win

Raiders 13+

Unless we have Jake , Sipley & Schuster playing

Then it’s toss of the coin

I prefer this side.

1.Turbo
2.Garrick
3.Parker/or any other centre available
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Croker
10.Jake
11.Hamuole
12.Burbo
13.Lawton

14.Weeks
15.Bullymore
16.Keppie
17.Fainu

Weekes simply must be in the side somewhere. To leave this exciting kid out of the side is beyond a joke.

If Jake is still unavailable than Keppie to start with Condon / Woods to get the No 17 spot.

I can’t see us beating the Raiders, we couldn’t beat the Titans (Broncos) or Sharks at home, the Raiders are full of confidence at the moment and ours is shot to bits.
I don’t buy into we’re due for a win or there due for a loss, they will play out a strong 80 at home and we won’t be able to stay in the contest, even if Jake and Shoe play. They’ve playing good up tempo footy and reaping the rewards, we just won‘t be able to match there game speed, fitness or be able to stay in a grid with them.
Really sad, I always want to believe we can find a way to win, but your not being real if you think we can go down there and compete, based on the 2 teams current situations and form, another miserable Sunday coming up I‘d say.
Unless they can stop Papalii and Tapine getting a roll on, they might be a chance. But those guys will make a ton of yardage and lay the groundwork for Wighton to dominate. Starling always seems to play well against us, he always creates problems for us with his runs from dummy half.

Last edited:
I'm hearing shoe will be back and quite possibly Jake too!

Missing aloai, tuilagi and Woods, so plenty of changes this week! Team may look like this (in trouble if Jake isn't back):

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Bullemore
14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Fainu
17.?
I'm afraid it will be big trouble, they are only missing their hooker Woolford and we are missing Ailoi, Kelma and Sipley, but a good chance on getting back Jake and Schuster ?. Will be a massive upset beating them in Canberra. I was more confident of winning against the Titans and Sharks than beating the Raiders, but we'll give it our best shot.

Manly Sea Eagles prop Taniela Paseka has been slapped with a Grade 1 careless high tackle from the NRL's match review committee.

In what was the only charge handed out on Monday morning from Sunday's fixtures, Paseka's 67th minute shot on Cronulla Sharks winger Sione Katoa drew the attention of the match review committee.

The Grade 1 charge - which is the second offence on his rolling 12-month record - will see the Manly forward eligible to accept an $1800 fine with an early guilty plea, or $2500 if he heads to the judiciary and loses the challenge.

I feel sorry for tof, plays bugger all games yet has been pinged for 2 crushers in two of them.

Three weeks is a long time out (my guess was the player milked it) but it is what it is.

Hope he stays positive as I thought this could have been his best year. Looking fit, running strong, etc.

I feel like we have noticeable lapses in our defence at dummy half the last few games, we give away easy metres there too often. Starling will make us pay for that.
It's cause we don't dominate the ruck.

The opposition constantly find their front and get quick play the balls and off the back off that the opposition dummy half gets free reign

1 Turbo / Weekes
2 Saab
3 Koula left side
4 Parker right side
5 Garrick
6 Shu /Humphries
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker for 20 min / Gordon
10 Jake / Keppie
11 Oka
12 Burbo