Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 42
GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to necessarily win this week. But we need to put up a damn good fight.

I think we can all stomach a loss when we see our boys are doing us proud.

We can win this one. It got close against a Moses less Parra down there so we can at the very least match the Eels performance. We will see changes and the losses of Josh and Kelma I think will actually benefit us. Both have been bog average. Schu back, Jake back and a few others with opportunities sets up a good contest.

We don't have to necessarily win this week. But we need to put up a damn good fight.

I think we can all stomach a loss when we see our boys are doing us proud.
We are desperate for a win. Another loss, despite the performance, will most likely see us finish the round at 15th on the ladder for wins.

At the halfway point of the season, we are entering spoon territory.

Considering the Tigers are improving and playing better than us, a possible galvanised Dragons with an interim coach imminent (although unlikely), and Manly being led by the guy that collapsed the Broncos, we are looking good odds for taking out our club's first wooden spoon.

At this point, couldn't care less about courage and resilience etc etc, these muppets need to go out and win a friggin game of footy.

If a Manly team with Trbojevic brothers, the QLD captain, and Ola'akautu, etc succumb to being the worst team in our club's history (even the Northern Eagles didn't come last!), I think that would be unforgivable. Penn and the dream team of coaches will see to it that my long time support and membership will be on its last this year.

There is still hope, still time. But we are not trending well. We can't keep throwing away 2 competition points every single week

They are due for a loss

And we are due for a win

Raiders 13+

Unless we have Jake , Sipley & Schuster playing

Then it’s toss of the coin

I usually go to the Canberra match, but geez we got burned there last year and this year doesn't look any more promising.

I guess I will see later in the week, I have been unwell for a while, and decide then.

I feel like we have noticeable lapses in our defence at dummy half the last few games, we give away easy metres there too often. Starling will make us pay for that.
Hodgson and Starling will do a job on Croker and our ruck. I hope Seibold has got them backpedaling at training, because that’s all we’ll be doing.

I usually go to the Canberra match, but geez we got burned there last year and this year doesn't look any more promising.

I guess I will see later in the week, I have been unwell for a while, and decide then.
Looking at the temps down there for a 4pm kickoff, it’s saying 10-11c. I reckon you’d be better off putting your feet up in the lounge, and get yourself healthy again Bob.

from nrl.con

team news

Team News​

Raiders: The loss of hooker Zac Woolford (concussion) could be offset by the possible return of Danny Levi from a broken jaw. Matt Frawley (hand) is also a chance to make a comeback if required while Xavier Savage could be in the frame for a bench spot after he was 18th Man against the Eels.

Sea Eagles: Josh Aloiai (shoulder) and Kelma Tuilagi (facial fracture) are set to miss the game after suffering injuries against the Sharks. Ben Trbojevic and Ethan Bullemor are in the frame to move into the starting side while Josh Schuster (quad) is a chance to play his first game since Round 8.

Aside from that late season 2022 big loss to the Raiders , have a quite good record against them in recent seasons . Raiders certainly have got their tails up at present however and Manly of course presently struggling in so many areas . If the Shu and Jake can return and offer something of benefit and a couple of well considered changes for Alioia and Tuilagi , somehow for Turbo to get a good portion of his mojo back again , could put a different complexion on matters . Present attacking mode just not working and can 't just depend on being gifted some possession to stay in games a bit better . Surely must be in the capacity of the side in general to get some better line speed going or controlling the ruck to their advantage more and without allowing so many off loads . just shows a lack of intent . Realize that these type of things can be easier said then done but showed that it can be manageable against a couple of the better sides this season so no reason why it cannot be reproduced again

Jake and Sipps won't be back so we will be missing 4 forwards. Schu should play but the Raiders forwards will be all over us so again the backs will have nothing to work with. Easily another 20+ point loss.

I'd love to see Samuela be given that left edge starting role, he looked very good on the weekend in NSW Cup. If given a chance he could actually make that position his own with Kelma out for some time and in poor form.

At the very least he'll have a bench spot.

We can win this one. It got close against a Moses less Parra down there so we can at the very least match the Eels performance. We will see changes and the losses of Josh and Kelma I think will actually benefit us. Both have been bog average. Schu back, Jake back and a few others with opportunities sets up a good contest.
I like your optimism Waz, but after the Titans and Sharks losses, sorry I'm a bit punch drunk. I can forgive the Broncs game, we were always out gunned on paper and on the field. Once we get past this game and get Sipley back and with no further injuries I'll reassess are chances going forward.

Well folks it's D day, decision day. Will he (Shuster) or wont he play. These days Shoe can find a leg injury on training days as well as in games...hell, he could probably pick up a quadie just jogging to KFC or Maccas. He really is an enigma, he's probably all of our hopes & dreams this season tbh. Just hope he's not what a lot of people are sayin.. a myth. Anyway, if he plays I'll be cheering him on and at the same time knocking on wood and fingers crossed that he comes through fit and unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7