R15 MANLY NSW CUP V BULLDOGS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bearfax said:
Fairy Bower said:
A few returning faces this week from injury & NRL duty - Jacob Gagen, Nick Skinner & James Hasson. A few positional changes too as Chisholm returns to the halves, Esi Tonga on to the wing and Clinton Gutherson gets another shot at fullback.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday, June 22
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Daniel Olford
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Esi Tonga
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. James Hasson
9. Liam Higgins
10. Ligi Sao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Jackson Williams
15. Dylan Kelly
16. James Cunningham
17. Justin Lemalu
21. Ben Musolino

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77303&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-fifteen

Still no Chee-Kam FB. Whats the gos FB.

Chee Kam tweeted: @manlyseaeagles 18 def. @NRL_Bulldogs 8 eyya good work boys can't wait to be back next week yew!

A rumour swirling around yesterday is that Jason Seage is going back to rugby 7's. Apparently the Oz 7's squad were in camp at Narrabeen this week and the coach Michael O'Connor (yes him) was seen in lengthy discussion with him. Over at the Kennel the Bulldogs supporters site they say they are trying to sign him. Wow he didn't last long with us did he?

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Is there anyway to watch this on foxtel or free to air?
It be good to see how our feeder club goes and just watch Manly play this week because this bye is killing me.

Know the Vulcans and Newtown(I think) have a site that plays games so you can watch them on the net.
Surprised clubs aren't doing it.
One of the English clubs charges to have it and helps with the development of the Academy side

Bit late but I went to this game last Sat. Thoughts...James Hasson played a dominant role and looked like a First Grader playing Reserves - most impact I've seen him have with good runs and offloads. Nick Skinner made a massive difference to the whole intensity of the defence and he worked hard in attack. He is a good addition to have as an emergency reserve for firsts if needed in the coming weeks. Dane Chisholm ran things well in the halves. His long kicking game is consistently great, his passing game is creative (sometimes stuffs up) but he does make things happen and most of all he has speed. Not sure he will ever be a real strong defender but if he can be at least solid in defence he could make it in firsts. With the way we only really use 3 on the bench it would be good to see him given a chance at some point. Liam Higgins at hooker was 'tough as'...he got smashed a couple of times and got up looking for more. Sao was busy but I think he is a couple of years away from beng First Grade ready.Rain was torrential at times so big congrats to the boys for competing and getting one up on the dogs. Other thoughts from an afternoon in the rain at Belmore....remember Cliffy putting John Deverux away for a long run on a beautiful sunny day, Michael O' Connor scoring 2 tries in a trial in one of his first games for the club, Ronnie Gibbs screaming out in the same trial "come and get me hush puppies" as he charged onto the ball, the Manly V Parra game they turned into a Tooheys Ad in the 80s< Danny Moore and Chris Ryan both getting tacked inches from the line in the same game Manly lost in the 90s. Go Manly

Thanks for those observations - and reminiscences. Are you named in honour of Ed, or are you Ed? Be great if more ex-players would come on here sometimes to share their insights!

In honour of Ed....loved watching his determination to play at his potential. He only played a few games of First Grade but he kept the pressure on Fulton, Branighan etc during a golden era for the club. In the current Reserve Grade team a guy like Liam Higgins stands out as one of those tough, dedicated players who are truely 'below the radar' but essential in a Club.

I live just north of Newcastle, Liam's dad is a friend of a friend, and I heard he may move on a year or more back if he didn't get a crack at NRL … yet he is still with us. Do you think he is possibly a late-blooming top-line NRL type (a la Orange) or just a solid reserve-grader?

Ed Planten said:
In honour of Ed....loved watching his determination to play at his potential. He only played a few games of First Grade but he kept the pressure on Fulton, Branighan etc during a golden era for the club. In the current Reserve Grade team a guy like Liam Higgins stands out as one of those tough, dedicated players who are truely 'below the radar' but essential in a Club.

1981 Manly v Souths Ed Planten is Number 15.

http://youtu.be/fDKI21XL_jM

Thanks for the memories Ed. That game at Belmore is the only time we ever went there. Sat in the stand next to a bogan Dogs supporter with his 8 year old in shorts, t shirt and barefeet on a pretty cold winters day. Unfortunately we couldn't quite get the win despite playing ok. This was in the years of Bozo's babes leading up to our domination in the mid inineties.

Ed Planten said:

I recall similar players Charlie haggett, Wayne alpen, the lofts, warren jowett, col dreier, Larry McMillan, Greg baggot, Wayne behagg - names in the big league program I used to read in detail. Paul shaw, nacinovic ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4