R15 MANLY NSW CUP V BULLDOGS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
A few returning faces this week from injury & NRL duty - Jacob Gagen, Nick Skinner & James Hasson. A few positional changes too as Chisholm returns to the halves, Esi Tonga on to the wing and Clinton Gutherson gets another shot at fullback.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday, June 22
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Daniel Olford
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Esi Tonga
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. James Hasson
9. Liam Higgins
10. Ligi Sao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Jackson Williams
15. Dylan Kelly
16. James Cunningham
17. Justin Lemalu
21. Ben Musolino

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77303&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-fifteen

Here is the Bulldogs team;

1. Drury Low
2. Ryan Wilson
3. Brett Lane
4. Ed Murphy
5. John Sila
6. Kris Keating
7. Jack Littlejohn
8. Martin Taupau
9. Moses Mbye
10. Junior Palau
11. Lachlan Burr
12. Paul Carter
13. Harlan Alaalatoa

14. Steve Azzi
15. Josh Gill
16. Garet Shepardson
17. John Kite

COACH: Barry Ward

Fairy Bower said:
A few returning faces this week from injury & NRL duty - Jacob Gagen, Nick Skinner & James Hasson. A few positional changes too as Chisholm returns to the halves, Esi Tonga on to the wing and Clinton Gutherson gets another shot at fullback.

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Esi Tonga
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. James Hasson
9. Liam Higgins
10. Ligi Sao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Jackson Williams
15. Dylan Kelly
16. James Cunningham
17. Justin Lemalu
21. Ben Musolino

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77303&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-fifteen

Still no Chee-Kam FB. Whats the gos FB.

Also no Seage still. Is he injured?

Heard the dogs wanted him before 30 June and may sign him up for next year

Chee-kam is running well I believe but not being rushed by medical staff. Seage also running after injuring his leg about a month ago so maybe not rushing him either. Haven't heard the Seage to Dogs rumour but might be right as Ive heard Keating wants to go back to the Eels.

FB, you know all about our reserves which, unfortunately, very few fans get to watch play these day. Can you provide reasons why we are so poor? At the start of the season we thought we had a lot a great new recruits and would give the comp a real shake. On paper we seem to have a talented bunch. I watched them beat the Vulcans in the opening round and they were impressive, albeit with Tom Symonds.
I welcome your insignts.
Likewise the Under 20s. I've seen them many times and they seem to get outmuscled. They are alright in possession, but don;t seem to want to tackle.

The Who, I thought the same as you at the start of the year. Many new players came into the joint like a breath of fresh air. In the initial stages we just weren't gelling and we turned over a lot of ball. Many of the players are in the NRL squad and they train there most of the week and they see coach Willo for one field session per week. Outside of that they don't see the coach. I'm told that there is not a lot of feedback from the coach and no wonder as they only sight each other for 1 hour a week.

Then came the horror run with injuries (and suspension) to NRL & reserve grade, Snake, King, Galuvao, Fa'aoso meant Rose, Hasson, Hiku and Gower had to be elevated. Then injuries to reserves Chee-Kam, Farrar, Seage, Skinner, Gagen, Sene-Lafao & one or two others at different stages.

Not having two experienced halves has cost us dearly with Seage out and Chisholm sent to FB.

Despite all this in many games we have competed well in stages with the players having a real dig.

I just hope we can get the players back from injury and become really competitive in the remaining rounds.

Thanks for the feedback FB. The one-hour training with the coach seems strange. Do all clubs do this? Does this mean Willo has other duties and/or another job?

I think Willo takes the NSW cup contracted players for extra sessions but does not include the NRL squad members who play NSW cup. I think Willo doubles as education officer for the club.

Fairy Bower said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
Anyone know how Ligi Sao is performing?

Ligi is going well. In fact I thought he should have been called up to the NRL before George on form.

It seems that Gutherson and Ligi are very highly rated by the club which is good to see. I think Ligi is only 20 yet they're starting the game with him.

I had high hopes for Cunningham but it seems as though he may turn out like Vic Mauro but he may never even make first grade. Earlier in the season I would not have picked Gagen moving into the centres with Tonga playing on the wing but that is where we are at now.

Also a wise move to keep Chee-Kam on ice. If they do have plans to put him in first grade this season then he needs to get to full fitness.

Noticed also that many of the U20s squad are only 18 or less. Trbojevic and Gutherson are both 18. A lot of the squad could be playing U20s next year also if they are retained.

Gee I wish they revamped the Under 20 competition and relegated it in importance. We should be watching the reserve grade as the lead into the first grade. Under 20s is really junior football - especially the way we play. You can guarantee they will let in at least five tries every match.

The Who said:
Gee I wish they revamped the Under 20 competition and relegated it in importance. We should be watching the reserve grade as the lead into the first grade. Under 20s is really junior football - especially the way we play. You can guarantee they will let in at least five tries every match.

Agreed TW. Hopefully some of the money from the new tv deal can be allocated to funding a proper reserve grade comp. I get to Brookie, 3/4 times a year and try to work it when all three grades are playing.

Very few kids a blooded directly from 20's now, as most clubs are giving them a run in NSW/Qld Cup first, as we are with Sao and Gutherson.

NSW Cup preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77578&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-fifteen

Summary: After their loss to the Tigers last weekend, it is well and truly desperation stakes now for the Bulldogs. Lying at the foot of the table as we enter Round 15, the Dogs are six competition points as well as around 100 points for and against outside of the top eight. Manly find themselves in only a marginally better situation with two more competition points but a significantly worse for and against than the Dogs. Manly should head into this game feeling fresh having had their first bye of the season last weekend while the Dogs will be happy to return to Belmore after a few weeks away from home. For Manly, NSW U20 player Clinton Gutherson will jump into fullback with Chisholm moving to six and Savage shifting from the backrow to his more favoured centre position while for the Dogs, Moses Mybe replaces Joel Romelo at hooker and Ryan Wilson comes onto the wing with Brett Lane shifting into the centres to cover the loss of Tim Lafai.

Talking Point: Flick the switch – This particular writer has long been an advocate of moving Dane Chisholm from fullback into the halves for Manly. In defence of Luke Williamson, perhaps he has been waiting for the right man to become available to replace him at the back, and finally that has happened. With Manly having the bye in both the NRL and Holden Cup this weekend, the club has seen this as a golden opportunity to give Clinton Gutherson a run in the VB NSW Cup team at fullback. This now allows Chisholm to be freed up and moved into the six jersey where he can get his hands on the ball far more frequently, and that can only be a good thing for a Manly side that has the worst attack in the competition through 14 rounds of play. If everything goes well this weekend, we may be seeing more of Gutherson in the VB NSW Cup as a result.

Prediction: Any result here would not come as a shock but will stick the neck out and tip Manly. Sea Eagles by 4.

Is there anyway to watch this on foxtel or free to air?
It be good to see how our feeder club goes and just watch Manly play this week because this bye is killing me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2