QLD Cup Round 15 - SUNSHINE COAST SEA EAGLES Team List.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
QLD Cup Round 15

EASTS TIGERS v SUNSHINE COAST SEA EAGLES

2:00 PM Sunday, Jul 3 at Langlands Park

SUNSHINE COAST SEA EAGLES

1. Dennis Sandow
2. Michael Chapman
3. Filinga Filiga
4. Karl Johnson
5. Tyrone Coppedge
6. Terence Seu Seu
7. Ben Whiddon
8. Phil Morwood
9. Cameron Joyce
10. Junior Palau
11. Vic Mauro
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Jon Muir
14. Matt Cross
15. Jason Wardrop
16. Rob Godfrey
17. Simon Allen

COACH: Brandon Costin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of Manly bench regulars (Joe Galuvao & Matt Cross) in this weeks lineup with Terence Seu Seu moving to 5/8th. 

Daly Cherry-Evans, Jamie Buhrer, and Darcy Lussick are all out of this week's SCSE side as they will be lining up for the QLD Residents team to play NSW in Sydney on Wednesday week as the curtain-raiser to Game Three of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.  DCE has also been named as QLD Resident's captain and the coach is Sunshine Coast Sea Eagle's Brandon Costin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me I am wrong but dont DCE, Buhrer & Lussick all live in Sydney?

The Wheel link said:
Correct me I am wrong but dont DCE, Buhrer & Lussick all live in Sydney?

As far as I'm aware yes they do.  I think that for the resident's game, they go by the old rules of where you actually play.  As they play in the QLD Cup competition and they are constantly picked and play for the SCSE, they qualify to be picked (the same as Hodko was picked for them last year).  I suppose it would be hard though to put your full effort into the game if you are from NSW but are playing for QLD as your heart would really be with your home state.

Cherry Evans may actually be a Qldr.

Rose could have done with a run for SCSE this week to assist with his fitness.

Does anyone know whether the U20's are playing their postponed match against Brisbane this weekend?

Bradza link said:
Does anyone know whether the U20's are playing their postponed match against Brisbane this weekend?

I am only going off memory, but I think its next Tues, 6th July.

NFI on what time or any other details.

I don't know.....with this MoM against NSW and all, SHOULD I start being excited here? I just don't want to be let down ! LoL

Ryan link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183805.msg270818#msg270818 date=1277863985]
didnt see hoppas name is he injured..

He still plays NYC for us I think mate...the side above is The Sunshine Coast.
[/quote]..  sorry mate  im a dumb azz today  lol..your right  hahaha  fuk.. lol

Johnson, interesting

I remember in his time with us, people said he had brilliant attacking ability but defence was woeful. If he has picked up defensively he could be an interesting addition

Sea Eagles lose two but gain three

30th June 2010

THEY may be missing their halves combination this weekend, but the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles have been boosted by news that NRL-contracted forwards Joe Galuvao and Matt Cross will make the trip north for Saturday’s clash against Easts Tigers.

Regular halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Jamie Buhrer will be in camp for the Queensland Residents, as will Sea Eagles coach Brandon Costin.

Manly’s Terence Seu Seu will fill in at five-eighth and Kawana product Ben Whiddon is to wear the No.7 jersey.

Galuvao and Cross will turn out for Sunshine Coast in a bid to make a return to the NRL.

The Sea Eagles have also scored a major coup in signing former Central Comet Karl Johnson.

Johnson has been released by the Comets and is clear to face the Tigers in his first game for Sunshine Coast.

The addition of Galuvao pushes Jason Wardrop to the bench. Cross also starts from the bench.

The game is being played at Langlands Park, Coorparoo.

SEA EAGLES: 1. Dennis Sandow, 2. Michael Chapman, 3. Filinga Filiga, 4. Karl Johnson, 5. Tyrone Coppedge, 6. Terence Seu Seu, 7. Ben Whiddon, 8. Phil Morwood, 9. Cameron Joyce, 10. Junior Palau, 11. Vic Mauro, 12. Joe Galuvao, 13. Jon Muir, 14. Simon Allen, 15. Matt Cross, 16. Jason Wardrop, 17. Rob Godfrey.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/06/30/sea-eagles-lose-two-but-gain-three/

I agree it would be wise to send Rosey up there Bradza.  He's way to fat to be fit and blows hard during his time on the field.  Is this game on Fox? 

DSM5 link said:
I agree it would be wise to send Rosey up there Bradza.  He's way to fat to be fit and blows hard during his time on the field.  Is this game on Fox? 

This weekends TV game is Redcliffe vs Central. So no.

Next weeks game between Souths Logan vs Sunshine Coast is the next SCSE game to be televised.

Costin wary of Easts threat

Travis Meyn | 3rd July 2010

SCN_03-07-2010_SPORT_16_3a129.IMG1_t325.jpg

Ben Whiddon will today don the No.7 jersey for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles.
Cade Mooney

SUNSHINE Coast Sea Eagles coach Brandon Costin says today’s opponent Easts is a danger team despite its poor season to date.

The Tigers have won just four of their 14 matches this year, and Sunshine Coast is sitting just outside the Queensland Cup top six.

But despite Easts’ lowly position on the ladder, Costin said the team had the ability to put points on the board.

“I think they’re a real danger side,” he said.

“They’ve been in nearly every game and only just missed out on getting more wins.

“If they’re able to get a sniff and build some momentum they’re a really hard side to pull back.”

Sea Eagles FOGS Cup coach Brad Henderson and former Sunshine Coast assistant coach Dennis Moore will mentor the team today as Costin is in camp with the Queensland Residents team.

Kawana product Ben Whiddon is to don the No.7 jersey because the team will be without star halfback and captain Daly Cherry-Evans, as well as Manly contracted forwards Jamie Buhrer and Darcy Lussick, who are all in the Residents team.

The Sea Eagles’ last match was a 30-22 loss to Wynnum-Manly, the Sunshine Coast surrendering a 22-point lead.

Costin said the team had focused on controlling the flow of play after the loss to the Seagulls.

“We spoke about momentum and being able to maintain it,” he said.

“When the momentum turned in that game we weren’t able to get it back. There are going to be times we’re under pressure. We just need to learn how to deal with that and get back into the contest.”

GAME DAY

EASTS v SUNSHINE COAST

Today, Langlands Park, 2pm

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/07/03/costin-wary-of-easts-threat/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4