Prop Signing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark Mexico sounds like a similar type of player to Richie.
You can never get enough Mongrel I say!

anyone else hear the Mark O'Meley rumour ?? apparently we have been linked to him

I can't reveal my sources. Let's just say I saw it on LinkedIn and leave it at that.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Chip and Chase said:
anyone else hear the Mark O'Meley rumour ?? apparently we have been linked to him
Really? Where's the link?

Ten news had a sippet '2v is considering throwing OMeley a life line..'

I never saw him as I took 7 years to come back to footy after SL. Was he amy good? Looked strong in the clip as a Dog Player.

HappilyManly said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Chip and Chase said:
Really? Where's the link?

Ten news had a sippet '2v is considering throwing OMeley a life line..'

I never saw him as I took 7 years to come back to footy after SL. Was he amy good? Looked strong in the clip as a Dog Player.

He was good in his day, he is around 31 / 32, you might as well bring back Joe Galuvao who I think could still play, was playing great footy before he got injured. I would personally wait and see how the new guys go first. Why would Manly buy the other props If they are not happy ? As I have said before Lawrence and Jake T are the 2 best props there, you can then work around these two.

Eagle Rock said:
He was good in his day, he is around 31 / 32, you might as well bring back Joe Galuvao who I think could still play, was playing great footy before he got injured. I would personally wait and see how the new guys go first. Why would Manly buy the other props If they are not happy ? As I have said before Lawrence and Jake T are the 2 best props there, you can then work around these two.

Joe Galuvao probably doesn't want to come back for another year. He retired for a reason, and he is probably very happy with his decision. I'm sure he was the first person Manly spoke with.

I have no problem signing O'meley for a year if he comes cheap enough and isn't guaranteed a spot in the strongest 17 if he doesn't deserve it. The fact is we're looking for an experienced prop at the last minute, we don't exactly have a lot of players to chose from.

mcatt said:
Eagle Rock said:

Joe Galuvao probably doesn't want to come back for another year. He retired for a reason, and he is probably very happy with his decision. I'm sure he was the first person Manly spoke with.

I have no problem signing O'meley for a year if he comes cheap enough and isn't guaranteed a spot in the strongest 17 if he doesn't deserve it. The fact is we're looking for an experienced prop at the last minute, we don't exactly have a lot of players to chose from.
Manly have just bought 6 props, how many do we need ?

We need more experience up front. I thought we'd be OK with King and Fa'aoso back but now we have a problem. Doesn't matter how good they are, you can't just expect front row tyros to come up to NRL and win the comp. Which is what we are aiming for.

O'Meley might fit the bill, we need someone for the role O'Donnell played at Chooks last year, plug a hole and give some stability for young players around him.

Manly Daily today has 2v quashing the reported rumour. He reckons that 'he is do old, even I've played with him' :p

I still hope that Chico Mexico is heading to Brookie.

Eagle Rock said:
Manly have just bought 6 props, how many do we need ?

If all the young and inexperienced props step up, and King and Lawrence stay injury free then happy days. But you're banking on a lot. I know Manly have turned a lot of unknown players into quality 1st graders, but it doesn't guarantee that these blokes will be instant successes. We have space for another prop now that Fa'aoso has retired, why not fill that spot if we can find someone with experience. O'meley might not be an ideal fit, but at this late stage we're going to have to take what we can get.

So like I said, if he's willing, if he comes cheap enough, and if he realises that he'll have to work hard and earn his spot in the 17 above the young guys, then why not. At worst we'll have a former representative player playing in the NSW cup, ready to cover if we get hit by injuries.

In the end we need more depth in the explosive punch up the middle stocks with a bit more youth to go the next level, it will be enjoyable to watch even if it fails short term.

DCE and Foran need some young impressionable forward slaves to dictate around and work with for each others benefit.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7