Prop Signing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Manly Daily today has 2v quashing the reported rumour. He reckons that 'he is do old, even I've played with him' :p

I still hope that Chico Mexico is heading to Brookie.

Theres a video of it on the website. He also says 'cant rule it out' or something along those lines. So it may be his last resort.

mcatt said:
Eagle Rock said:
Manly have just bought 6 props, how many do we need ?

If all the young and inexperienced props step up, and King and Lawrence stay injury free then happy days. But you're banking on a lot. I know Manly have turned a lot of unknown players into quality 1st graders, but it doesn't guarantee that these blokes will be instant successes. We have space for another prop now that Fa'aoso has retired, why not fill that spot if we can find someone with experience. O'meley might not be an ideal fit, but at this late stage we're going to have to take what we can get.

So like I said, if he's willing, if he comes cheap enough, and if he realises that he'll have to work hard and earn his spot in the 17 above the young guys, then why not. At worst we'll have a former representative player playing in the NSW cup, ready to cover if we get hit by injuries.
Whats wrong with Lawrence and Jake T ? Then the others ?

Manly have signed former New Zealand international Epalahame Lauaki as the replacement for retired forward Richie Fa'aoso.

The Sea Eagles were suffering a props crisis after losing Fa'aoso, George Rose (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Panthers), David Gower (Eels) and Joe Galuvao (retirement) in the off-season, while co-captain Jason King remains sidelined with injury.

Fa'aoso was forced to prematurely abandon his 155-game NRL career due to a neck injury sustained against South Sydney during last year's final series. Doctors gave the journeyman forward conditional clearance to resume training in December but subsequent scans revealed he risked catastrophic injury if he played on.

Lauaki made his name with his trademark charges for the Warriors, playing 69 games for the NRL club between 2004 and 2008 and earning Kiwi selection. He then switched to the Super League, enjoying stints with Hull and Wigan before being released this year.

"Richie Fa'aoso has been a big loss for us but we're confident Epalahame Lauaki will be a good acquisition," said Manly boss David Perry.

"We're fortunate to be able to sign someone of his quality at late notice. He's got plenty of NRL and Super League experience and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the club."

The Sea Eagles scoured the globe for potential signings before finally settling on Lauaki, who represented Tonga in the 2008 World Cup.

The 30-year-old officially signed up the week before flying to New Zealand to prepare for his transfer back to Australia. He is expected to be available for selection in coming weeks. Until then last year's grand finalists will rely on Brenton Lawrence, former Rabbitoh Josh Starling, James Hasson and Broncos recruit Dunamis Lui to provide the grunt up front.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/epalahame-lauak-takes-up-where-richie-faaoso-left-off-at-manly-20140308-34dy7.html

By the looks of him, whoever he runs at will be going to the "Lu" and it'll be "yukky".

Welcome to the premiers Ep.

I remember him from his Warriors days. He is cut from the same cloth as Richie. Straight and hard running, no fancy stuff. He might do a job for us, not sure about his mobility lateral movement in defence though. Gotta be better than Ogre though.

On a small contract o'meley wouldn't be a bad signing for depth assuming he'd pass medical testing, he looked pretty broken down by the time he left the roosters having come into grade at about 16

Aside from 2-3 games he was terrible for the Warriors, runs it hard but was a walking penalty

Potential though so hopefully we tap into that

Hard to judge a weakness in go foward tonight...Starling & Lawrence were solid , was more a stupid possession rate from the 40 - 60 minutes that is making us look for areas to improve...some will claim DCE could have set for an easy 1 point win but by the end of 2014 he will win us a sh**load more games than he loses.

Apparently he only played 7 times in Wigan's successful 2013 team due to injury. He's a big unit, I hope it won't take him 3 months to get fit.

There was two poms wearing Wigan jerseys on the hill at Brookie last night. I asked them what they thought of Lauaki. They said "have you guys signed him?" And they laughed. When I asked what they were laughing at they said "he is ****e and offers nothing whatsoever."
Sounds promising :s

bones said:
There was two poms wearing Wigan jerseys on the hill at Brookie last night. I asked them what they thought of Lauaki. They said "have you guys signed him?" And they laughed. When I asked what they were laughing at they said "he is ****e and offers nothing whatsoever."

You shouldn't be talking to poms....unless it's about the cricket.

bones said:
He was trying to get out of his contract there for ages before they finally released him in January, maybe he wasn't happy so wasn't showing his best.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
He was trying to get out of his contract there for ages before they finally released him in January, maybe he wasn't happy so wasn't showing his best.

Interesting. Puts another spin on why the Wigan fans might bag him too. Bag the player who wanted out. Thanks SER8.

I forget where I read that. I googled him because I thought KE had said something negative about him, but he might have been talking about Lauaki's brother!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4