Prop and winger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tasi and Peyroux would be my picks out of that lot. Mansour would be good too, but I highly doubt Penrith will let him go.

Manly have always been able to find wingers - look at their playing rooster for the past 2 years for our outside backs....

Robinson
Williams
Hoppa Jr
Whare
Farrar
Taufua
B Stewart
Lyon
Matai
Oldfield

10 players fighting for 3 permanent positions. Even though Manly have lost a few wingers of late, they still have Williams, Farrar and Taufua. Another player like Whare or Farrar would be ideal, a player who can play fullback, centre or wing. Buhrer can fill in in one of those positions if absolutely needed. I really think we need some young props though. Tasi would be great and I wouldn't say no to Asotasi if can get him on a good deal, the bloke is a beast, can off load and tackle. It's a shame our young junior props have been poached - Hargraves, Lussick and Tasi, and now to compound that T -Rex. We need that aggressive go forward!

Brookvale said:
Stuart davis, charlie haggart and hosking can fill the prop roles

Yeah, we're right for props, but until Lenny Beckett comes back we'll struggle for wingers.

Why would we look outside the club?

There's young blokes coming through.
I think some of you need to get off your computers and go to watch a reggies game. At least watch the 20's when they're on tv. Reading the scores and then trying to pass expert comment is ridiculous.

We have them coming through, we just don't have an entire teams worth., hence the results.

Duff said:

I think some of you need to get off your computers and go to watch a reggies game. At least watch the 20's when they're on tv. Reading the scores and then trying to pass expert comment is ridiculous.

We have them coming through, we just don't have an entire teams worth., hence the results.

Mate, that doesn't breed behaviour and culture though? Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Darcy Lussick, JWH, Lama Tasi, Oldfield & co. all came from great stock, and played in very winning teams in QLD and NYC.

In my opinion, it's much, MUCH harder to transition from teams that just lose, and lose, and lose. That mentality is engrained into players.

I don't know, but as some of the media says, our stocks/dpeth are thinning very, very fast. It kind of concerns me the amount of youth leaving.

That's why it's so refreshing we got Chee Kam. He played in the forwards yesterday (backrow), and he had a great off load. He wasn't that damaging of a runner though.

Chee Kam is a great signing. Very highly rated. Trust in Tooves, Dave Warwick and Penna. Warwick is a great junior development officer and is sorely underestimated by some. He has loads of contacts.
Look, we have in our own ranks
fullback: Gutherson who everyone wants
winger; Patrick Sipley: injured but has the real makings of a top player: Built like a tank and fast

centre: Latrell Schaumakel SG Ball centre who is making his debut today in Toyota cup: big kid with lots of pace: Very young though
halves: Riccardi and Drinkwater: both quality young halves.
forwards: Cunningham: prop with loads of potential and local kid
Jake Trbojevic: gun prop with huge wraps, local kid
Justin Lemalu: starting prop all year with TC. Absolute workhorse and huge yard gainer.
Fabian Natoli: Rep gun hooker coming from juniors.
Liam Higgins: Hooker who I know the club rates highly!
Fabian Goodall: Pritchard type second rower who can really run, big kid

That's 11 quality players there in our club. And you could say that Gutherson, Jake T, Cunningham, Riccardi, Drinkwater, Higgins, Goodall and Lemalu are huge chances of making 1st grade.

Darren said:
Chee Kam is a great signing. Very highly rated. Trust in Tooves, Dave Warwick and Penna. Warwick is a great junior development officer and is sorely underestimated by some. He has loads of contacts.
winger; Patrick Sipley: injured but has the real makings of a top player: Built like a tank and fast

centre: Latrell Schaumakel SG Ball centre who is making his debut today in Toyota cup: big kid with lots of pace: Very young though
Justin Lemalu: starting prop all year with TC. Absolute workhorse and huge yard gainer.

That's 11 quality players there in our club. And you could say that Gutherson, Jake T, Cunningham, Riccardi, Drinkwater, Higgins, Goodall and Lemalu are huge chances of making 1st grade.

Awesome - thanks for that mate. I miss your posts like these. Awesome to read about that stuff.

Darren said:

Wow, you really know the juniors coming through! Good to know we have some youth with real potential... so important to Manly's future.

I think we have had an abundance of talent (whare, oldfield) etc and this has been great for the club. However with the salary cap biting we probably can't make big offers whilst we are trying to keep Keiran, DCE, Brett, Ballin etc.

Next year it looks like brett, jorge, matai, lyon, gutherson, keiran, dce, glenn, choc, chee kam or buhrer, kite or??? maybe late signing, ballin or higgins and king. bench from Jake T, George, Cunningham, Mauro and Lemalu. That's a very strong squad.

Ryan said:
Duff said:

Mate, that doesn't breed behaviour and culture though? Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Darcy Lussick, JWH, Lama Tasi, Oldfield & co. all came from great stock, and played in very winning teams in QLD and NYC.

In my opinion, it's much, MUCH harder to transition from teams that just lose, and lose, and lose. That mentality is engrained into players.

I don't know, but as some of the media says, our stocks/dpeth are thinning very, very fast. It kind of concerns me the amount of youth leaving.

That's why it's so refreshing we got Chee Kam. He played in the forwards yesterday (backrow), and he had a great off load. He wasn't that damaging of a runner though.

The media don't know what they're on about. None of them watch the lower grades. They thought we'd struggle without Orford. The people who know knew that there was Hodko, DCE, Riccardi, Drinkwater all coming through the grades, that's but one position. There's kids in that winning SG side that look every bit as good as the boys from the 09 t-cup side.

Have a bit of belief. Outsiders lead to no good. Manly is an in-house club. We can deal with this more than adequately. So much so that we've lost 5 local juniors and have more than enough coming through.

Duff said:
Ryan said:
Duff said:

The media don't know what they're on about. None of them watch the lower grades. They thought we'd struggle without Orford. The people who know knew that there was Hodko, DCE, Riccardi, Drinkwater all coming through the grades, that's but one position. There's kids in that winning SG side that look every bit as good as the boys from the 09 t-cup side.

Have a bit of belief. Outsiders lead to no good. Manly is an in-house club. We can deal with this more than adequately. So much so that we've lost 5 local juniors and have more than enough coming through.

I totally agree with you guys. Its great to see people showing such interest in the other grades apart from firsts. LOVE the player reports and the growth of young players but sometimes worry for some of these players futures.

Take Trbojevic. He maybe be an awesome junior but its a massive step from SG ball to U/20's and also the next step to NSW Cup then the final step to the top grade. Fingers Crossed for the youngster.

Now take a player such as Stromquist. Just out of 20's after playing the most games (club record) in the NYC for the Sea Eagles and must be very close to the most in the competitions history. He was not only last years NYC captain, but was also apart of the above mentioned 09 T-Cup side and also statistically, One of the top 3 props in the competition. On another point, I'm happy but also finding this excitement over SAO a little confusing as stromquist has statistically surpassed the stats of SAO.

This young gun has now progressed to NSW Cup and is coming along in leaps and bounds by if not starting with Cunningham (who also is developing nicely) in the front row, BUT starting in front of him. In recent weeks this developing star has not only been bending defences backwards but also dominating them in defence, driving them backward whilst tackling, not to mention doing this for the whole 80 minutes (if not on average 65 - 75 minutes per game) in the mould of Paul Gallen.

I would like to commend whoever has developed this young man as he is not only a superb player but also a superb young man as all reports have it from around the club. I hope whoever is watching this young star and aiding his development currently, be it 2Vs, Parish or Cliffy, get a huge pat on the back. I hope to see this young man rewarded in the near future with either, or, hopefully both a good contract (if he isn't already on one?) and in the near future, a shot in firsts if his form continues, and a shot arises.

I hope this also for our young SG Ball Stars but hope they Serve their apprenticeships and follow in the same foot steps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4