Prop and winger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
In my opinion next year we are short for maybe 2 props and a winger. take you pick on who you would bring to this great club, we surely have some money now after losing oldfield, whare, lussick, trex, (Courtesy of zero tackle) - all players listed contracts expire at the end of the 2012 season (Wingers/Props)

Wingers:
WingJordan Atkins, Nathanael Barnes, Colin Best, Dylan Collier, Sandor Earl, Bryson Goodwin, Isaac Gordon, Phil Graham, John Grant, Adam Henry, Curtis Johnston, Denan Kemp, Michael Lett, Drury Low, Luke MacDougall, Josh Mansour, Lachlan Maranta, Kevin Naiqama, Dimitri Pelo, Ivan Penehe, Sam Perrett, Dominique Peyroux, Anthony Quinn, Sami Sauiluma, Omar Slaimankhel, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Junior Tia-Kilifi, Daniel Tupou, Lote Tuqiri, Steve Turner, Etu Uaisele, Matt Utai, Joe Vickery, David Williams, John Williams

Props:

Sam Anderson, Neccrom Areaiiti, Shannon Boyd, Kenneath Bromwich, George Burgess, Ray Cashmere, Josh Cordoba, James Cunningham, Mitchell Dodds, Joel Edwards, Richie Fa'aoso, Loui Fanene, Mitchell Garbutt, Scott Geddes, David Gower, Michael Greenfield, Matt Groat, Luke Harlen, Callum Haywood, Michael Henderson, Sam Hoare, Mark Ioane, Mitchel Johnson, Jeremy Latimore, Daine Laurie, Brenton Lawrence, Issac Liu, Jaiman Lowe, Jon Mannah, Mose Masoe, Jordan McLean, Fuifui Moimoi, Bryan Norrie, Russell Packer, Luke Page, Junior Palau, Justin Poore, Matt Smith, Lama Tasi, Martin Taupau, Evarn Tuimavave, Paul Vaughan, Siosaia Vave, Jarrod Wallace, Matt White

EagleRock40 said:
Winger - not a great list there but Mansour has been good for Penrith.
Props - Joel Edwards / Brenton Lawrence

Agreed with Mansour.

Joel Edwards is a backrower, and an ordinary one at that.

Go for the Perrett bros. Snr is still a great player and I hear jnr is going to be a player of the future.

Fa'aoso.

Can always get the best out of props in their twilight years... Just ask Bob Fulton. Has plenty of ticker and will play his best footy for the next 3 years with the right team and coach. Could be more than the usual prop for us and provide an x- factor.

eagleE said:
Go for the Perrett bros. Snr is still a great player and I hear jnr is going to be a player of the future.

Jnr already signed for the Dogs and Snr is on his way, possibly very soon - all kinds of rumours about this one, including that Roosters will release him if Oldfield can go immediately.

Volley said:
EagleRock40 said:

Agreed with Mansour.

I actually thought Edwards had consistently been one of Newcastles better fowards during 2011. I havnt seen much of him this year, but with Bennett most likely offloading a heap of players he could probably come quite cheap.

With the right coach I reckon these players are worth a look:

I've removed those that are pretty much confirmed signed up to sides already.

Wingers:
Dylan Collier, Sandor Earl, Denan Kemp, Michael Lett, Josh Mansour, Dominique Peyroux, Steve Turner, Etu Uaisele, David Williams.

Turner I think will be retained, ditto Collier and Williams.

Props:
Josh Cordoba, Scott Geddes, David Gower, Matt Groat, Jeremy Latimore, Brenton Lawrence, Jaiman Lowe, Jon Mannah, Mose Masoe, Bryan Norrie, Russell Packer, Justin Poore, Lama Tasi, Evarn Tuimavave, Siosaia Vave.

Don't forget, we have SCSE winger, Mitch Buckett on the books. He is young, and very promising. I don't think we have to look outside too much. If Tim Robinson and Nick Skinner get more game time in NRL like Taufua and Harrison have got, I am sure these young blokes can be players we will become proud of.

Said it in other threads but Brenton Lawrence is who I'd go for. He's having a good year and someone with the right attitude who I think can go a step further at our club.

Wingers:
Sandor Earl, Bryson Goodwin, Josh Mansour, Kevin Naiqama, Dominique Peyroux, Junior Tia-Kilifi, David Williams, John Williams

Props:
Sam Anderson, George Burgess, Ray Cashmere, Matt Groat, Brenton Lawrence, Russell Packer, Lama Tasi

Winger: Omar - can play wing and is a gun fullback,is young has plenty of potential.. could fill in for snake down the track....

Prop - Tasi

Tasi,Masoe,Groat & Packer....not much real guns there imo besides Tasi & Masoe. Have not seen this Cunningham recently but would be an obvious choice if up to standard.
Shame about Daine Laurie- definate potential before going off the rails.
Winger - Mansour - the rest are basically NSW Cup standard.
Omar is now a Shark.

Denan kemp will come bargain basement cheap and is more experienced, can allow the younger guys we already have to come through at their pace.

Props, we need a 23 - 26 year old if we buy anything but why would we with only one leaving next year from the 6 we are playing this weekend

I thought Slaimankhel just signed with someone ?

I'd imagine that Penrith would be all over Mansour now that Gordon is going.

I also thought I read somewhere that Scott Geddes was retiring at end of season due to so many chronic injuries.

MK Eagle said:
Tasi,Masoe,Groat & Packer....not much real guns there imo besides Tasi & Masoe. Have not seen this Cunningham recently but would be an obvious choice if up to standard.
Shame about Daine Laurie- definate potential before going off the rails.
Winger - Mansour - the rest are basically NSW Cup standard.
Omar is now a Shark.

What did happen to Daine Laurie? I agree with you on him, he could have become a huge figure with a cult following.

Chip and Chase said:
I thought Slaimankhel just signed with someone ?

I'd imagine that Penrith would be all over Mansour now that Gordon is going.

I also thought I read somewhere that Scott Geddes was retiring at end of season due to so many chronic injuries.

Correct on all fronts. Slaimankel's going to the Sharks.

EagleRock40 said:
Volley said:
EagleRock40 said:

Agreed with Mansour.

I actually thought Edwards had consistently been one of Newcastles better fowards during 2011. I havnt seen much of him this year, but with Bennett most likely offloading a heap of players he could probably come quite cheap.

He's Luke Williamson with red hair and the ability to put on big hits.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6